ACBA - Anti-CyberBullying Act

Since: 01.07.2011 to: 28.02.2014. For: Unofficial Patch 1.3 users.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

ACBA has been accepted with 59% of positive votes:
All players could vote for 7 days since 25.02.2012 to 03.03.2012

$3.1 Punishment for potentially insulting words. For using insults listed in point $3.2 players will automatic collect warnings. Maximum number of warnings: 3. Last warning = Automatic kick out of lobby.

$3.2 Insults list (may be changed):
- son of * bitch
- faggot
- bastard
- piece of shit

$3.3 If any player use "bad sentence" which is potentially cyberbullying in following chat rooms:
*Empire Earth II
- Europe
- North America
- Asia
- Unpatched
*Empire Earth II: Art of Supremacy
- Europe
- North America
- Asia

Player will receive message about warning he received for using "bad words".

$3.4 Every player may insult 3 times. If he insult one more time, he'll get kicked out of lobby, also list of his warning will be resetted, so he can get another 3 warnings when he/she back.

$3.5 Players won't receive warnings for popular words like "fu****g", etc. EE2-Patch1.3 will have special script which be detecting if word is insult (Cyberbullying) or not. EE2 Government will take care if none is getting warnings for no reason. If someone get warning for no reason his warning may be removed, and script be edited to solve problem.

$3.6 Player account can not be banned, blocked because of using insults. Everything contained in this act says just about warnings + eventual kick (if insult is repeated 4 times)

$3.7 Warnings number is counted to selected nickname. Script is not detecting if player has other accounts with warnings. New account = new place for warnings.

Anti-CyberBullying Act has been created to protect players against violence. Anti-CyberBullying is to teach players what words shouldn't be used in public places like EE2 lobby. There is no way to kick someone for no reason, because there be always place for 3 warnings. Player will decide if he change his language or not.

==============================================================================
Please vote in poll if this Act should be accepted or not.
Also please write what words should be treat as Cyber-Bullying, and which words shouldn't be censored. I'm going to censure only few words which are the most popular insults, like: fag, bastard, etc.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Timo

Re: ACBA - Anti-CyberBullying Act

Post by Timo »

Not that it matters much because you can always come back with another name anyway but just a question, how many times this kick would last?
Im ok with that, it seems a good idea
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Timo wrote:Not that it matters much because you can always come back with another name anyway but just a question, how many times this kick would last?
Im ok with that, it seems a good idea
Hmm, just kicking if someone has 3 warnings already, and he insult another time.
Kicking has no time-limit. If someone got kicked, then his "warnings" list be resetted, and he can get another warnings before he will get kicked another time.
There is no time-limit = I mean player can always re-log to lobby.

I'm working on SEVER FLOOD kick. Actually to kick someone we are using (We we we, I am using xD), we are usuing crashing-script. So it makes EE2 close with debbug message. But I'm working on SERVER-FLOOD = player's account be simulated in virtual room, and in this room his account be forced to send several information to other bot. With this player who's on EE2 will receive messages, about SERVER FLOOD, and his account be kicked by Game Spy.
In last week I did several tests, and all were successful, so I really think it be possible if I'll work on it more Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
BigBang
Location: Conselheiro Lafaiete - Minas Gerais - Brazil - South America - America - World - Solar system - Milky Way - Universe

Post by BigBang »

Nice idea mona, more one time, good job! LoL
Deus

Post by Deus »

No...I won't vote yes. Stuff like this has always happened in EE2 you have no idea how much stuff went on in the lobby, I don't really wanna change it. If people insult, you gotta man up and defend yourself.

My 2 cents.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Deus +1, i was thinking same thing when i voted, defend myself...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I enabled this script today, in version BETA.
If anyone use word:
- fag
- faggot
- bastard

will receive a warning. You guys can test it. Version BETA will be disabled tomorrow, untill Act be accepted.

And BTW. I don't like censorship, and I never liked it. This script is not to censor all "bad words", but to censor "insults", like: "Faggot".
All other words won't be illegal. I'm also not going to censor just words. Script will be detecting full sentences like: "you're faggot". But for example on sentence: "my teacher is faggot" it won't work.

Also please remember, that players should be nice in public place like EE2 lobby. If someone would use these words on server for example in BF3, SC2 then for sure he would be banned for minimum 7 days. And here it's only warnings system.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Malistrom

Post by Malistrom »

My opinion is that this violates freedom of speech. If I want to swear, I should be able to^^.
Mona, I do understand your reasoning and your intentions are definitely pure. This sort of reminds me of the chat filter in ee2 that everyone has turned off, but only it can kick you instead of filtering what you say^^.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for your opinion guys.
I wanna add it's in most warnings system. Kicking is eventual, if someone collect all warnings. I think in most it would make people scared to insult. So for example you could insult someone 3 times without problems, but if you want to do it next time, you would get kicked. So for sure less people would use insults, and EE2 lobby would be more friendly for curtural players. Actually it's like ZOO, players are talking what they want, but it should be changed.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Malistrom

Post by Malistrom »

How would someone remove warnings. Would they be removed daily?

Return to “Old Empire Earth II Government”