Timo's problem with Internet.

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Burning

Re: Timo's problem with Internet.

Post by Burning »

When he only can use the webbrowser i think theres a problem with the "NAT" I dont really know what it is but I just heard that it connects the inet with other programs and so on for example inet connection with games. NAT has to be on else you cant connect inet with something other than browser.
I'm not sure but I think its so

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Burning has a little right! Well... NAT happens usually with routers. Why?
Because when you're connected to router you have like 2 IP's.
1 is your IP with router, second IP is normal Internet's IP.
So if you want to use internet it's going via NAT... If I good remember (but I'm not sure).

For more detalis...
Problem was only with Timo's PC. He had excacly same problem like now. But on his laptop Internet worked fine. He was connected with router etc. When I "helped" to Timo, then we did just trick. He has installed Connectify program on his laptop. He made new wifi network with shared internet from his laptop to his PC.
It worked untill last snowstorm xD Well, he has problems with Internet because of snow. He probably changed something in laptop.
Now when he connects with router he can use only internet browsers. But what's interesting? Interesting is that Timo has to enter his dad's e-mail and password every hour. It's not like WEP or something... I can't imagine it. I didn't think it's even possible. It just show him special window where he has to put e-mail and password. It's probably registred in the router... No idea.
cosmin1 wrote:The ip has nothing to do with router connection .Most of routers has 192.168.1.100 but it's not a rule lols.Just try to restart router maibe it will work.
Yep, like you said 192.168.1.100
And timo has 192.168.2.20
But I'm not sure if it matter.

And yeah, Timo was restarting router several times. I think the best way would be reseting router and set default settings... But we don't know if Timo will know how to setup it futher...

EDIT:
I found something interesting: http://karthickjck.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Configure-Linksys-Wireless-Router
Timo check it's "How to configure Wireless Router".
Maybe you have any program to your router? The best if you ask your dad about everything. All information can help us to solve problem.

EDIT:
NaviSly wrote:As-tu vérifié ton routeur ? genre les ports et ce genre de chose ? (http://192.168.1.1 je pense)

As-tu un débit normal ? genre est-ce que tu peux regarder des vidéos (qui bouffent beaucoup en bande passante) etc... ?
Yes, my fault... that I didn't learn french when I had chance xD
Well Syl gave correct answer. http://192.168.1.1 is link. You have to put it in internet browser, and it will open router configuration panel.
So Timo, when you be there - go on chatbox, and if I be there we will see if it works on teamviewer Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Timo

Post by Timo »

NaviSly wrote:As-tu vérifié ton routeur ? genre les ports et ce genre de chose ? (http://192.168.1.1 je pense)
As-tu un débit normal ? genre est-ce que tu peux regarder des vidéos (qui bouffent beaucoup en bande passante) etc... ?
Oui, j'ai vérifié mon routeur, tout est bien branché etc. Oui, je peux regarder des vidéos, ça lag juste un peu + qu'avant j'ai l'impression.
Mkl`* wrote:sinon je peux peut tetre t'aider par teamviewer.
Pourquoi pas =) merci xD
Ce serait peut-etre + pratique que ce soit toi plutot que Mona, parfois il me demande comment traduire tel ou tel mot, il a du mal à m'aider à cause de la langue xD
Mkl`* wrote:Faudrais que t-essaye d'appeler ton opérateur, ils peuvent plus t'aider mec.
Je sais :/ le probleme c'est qu'on les avait deja appelés (quand on avait deja ce probleme la sur l'ordi fixe), ils avaient rien changé. Comme on avait pas vraiment besoin de cet ordi de toute manière, on a fini par laisser tomber; maintenant oui, il va falloir qu'on les appelle. Mais franchement, vu le nombre de fois ou on les a appelés et qu'ils ont rien changé (meme parfois c'était pire qu'avant), je pense pas qu'ils m'aident beaucoup.
cosmin1 wrote:Just try to restart router maibe it will work.
I already did several times :/
Leader wrote: Interesting is that Timo has to enter his dad's e-mail and password every hour. It's not like WEP or something... I can't imagine it. I didn't think it's even possible. It just show him special window where he has to put e-mail and password. It's probably registred in the router... No idea.
I wanted to show a screenshot of this window, unfortunately i have no time to wait for that. (I have to type mail and password like once per 2 hour, something like that). I'll take a screenshot next time it does it, and i'll post it here then.
I found something interesting: http://karthickjck.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Configure-Linksys-Wireless-Router
Timo check it's "How to configure Wireless Router".
Maybe you have any program to your router? The best if you ask your dad about everything. All information can help us to solve problem.
I'll ask my dad about it, but im pretty sure he has nothing on his comp, nothing interesting for you i mean. But yeah, maybe its a program my dad and me dont suspect to be linked to that, i'll ask him about that.
Well Syl gave correct answer. http://192.168.1.1 is link. You have to put it in internet browser, and it will open router configuration panel.
So Timo, when you be there - go on chatbox, and if I be there we will see if it works on teamviewer Image
Isn't it what you tried to do yesterday on teamviewer?
Anyway, i'll come on chatbox this evening, i have no time right now (i already spent too much time answering xD) so yeah we'll see that then.

Thanks for your help everyone =)
derrick

Post by derrick »

xD moi je peux rien faire de plus franchement j'aurai essayer peut t'etre que ca à un rapport avec ton pannel sur internet le site de ta connection, mais jai jamais toucher au connection j'y connais pas tellement. Normalment avec d'autre problème j'arrive à me démerder tout seul en recherchant parfois des solutions sur internet mais faut pas lire n'importe quoi et essaie peut t-être de poster ton problème sur un forum informatique les gens t'aiderons surement mieux.

Ou alors change de pc et de connection xD
Gooberman

Post by Gooberman »

Has he tried any other computer on the router? would instantly rule out one of the two.
(If 2nd computer has same problem then it's the router, if 2nd computer works fine it's the other computer)
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Gooberman wrote:Has he tried any other computer on the router? would instantly rule out one of the two.
(If 2nd computer has same problem then it's the router, if 2nd computer works fine it's the other computer)
He has even 3 computers.
Actually everywhere is this problem, but some days ago it worked fine (only on this laptop which he use now)... So yeah it's router's fault, but I think he just has to add computers to "trusted" in this router.
Isn't it what you tried to do yesterday on teamviewer?
Anyway, i'll come on chatbox this evening, i have no time right now (i already spent too much time answering xD) so yeah we'll see that then.
No, I was changing IP of your connection with router (idk why). Now we will try to configure router with Internet browser (we will just use address which Syl gave).

Btw. I'm back now, so go on ChatBox if you be there Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Timo

Post by Timo »

Here's the window it opens:

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Timo, did you or your parents call to operator already?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Timo

Post by Timo »

Not yet, unfortunately

You should do this soon Image
@Leader
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hmmm... If I have not schizophrenia then I'm 100% sure you logged on xfire today.
So is your net fixed, or still same problem?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”