Territory AreaEffect "Death"

General Talking for all forum users.
PaulStretch

Territory AreaEffect "Death"

Post by PaulStretch »

I created and area effect called death which gradually reduces noncombat foot units health. to extend the life of the unit, you add bonus like water sources (Well), food (Granary), and shelter (houses) as well as priests to reduce the rate of damage (max life is about 3hours). At the same time I modified the game to where citizens are randomly spawned at houses rather than being created at city centers (spawn rate is 30mins). So the idea is that you manage your population's health through resource benefits, and birthrate by providing housing. The last challenge is making sure the game doesn't alert you that you're being attacked because of the area effect. I'm curious about what people think about this type of pop management.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Territory AreaEffect "Death"

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The idea is nice, but in my opinion it's cool for a custom game scenario, not a whole mod.

Most of things you created by the Area Effects could probably be done with the .iES scripting calculations. So, basically a mod like this changes the war game to a fully economic strategy, where your skills and playing speed doesn't matter anymore. Once again, I'm not against such ideas, but in my opinion it doesn't fit EE2 as we all remember. Therefore I would rather choose to play some different game (for example Banished) than try such EE2 modifications.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
PaulStretch

Re: Territory AreaEffect "Death"

Post by PaulStretch »

Yeah, It's pretty different from the base game. I'm making more for my own enjoyment.

Return to “General Talking”