Unable to lay down city center - unwelcome change in gameplay

General Talking for all forum users.
Coo1

Unable to lay down city center - unwelcome change in gameplay

Post by Coo1 »

I noticed lately, that a player cannot lay down foundation of a city center next to that player's territory if some other player started to build another city center. Actually this would happen anywhere on the map. Previously it was possible to send more citizens and "outpace" the opponent in building new city center faster. The other city center would vanish. However in recent game changes it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that. Once someone started to build city center NO OTHER player can build city center on that particular territory to claim. This allows to create "city center rush" and "tower rush" which the latest trend among players. I believe this is unjust, unbalanced and allows anyone to claim a territory with just one citizen sent out early in the game to the other side of the map.
IMHO it is very wrong! It wasn't a feature in the original game. Anyone should be able to build a city center FASTER than the opponent. I believe this "mod" was made only to facilitate explored map games with many citizens. In this case one lonely citizen could travel to the opponents territory and lay down new city center. If the opponent does see this happening, *THERE IS NOTHING CAN BE DONE* without certain weapons such as Rams and Catapults to prevent this with efficiency. It is almost impossible to destroy city center.

I urge to place this feature on players pol to decide if it is right. If it ain't happening than this game is a private entertainment for those who can tolerate it.
There should be one pole question. Let's see what other people think about this "feature."

Do you think it is right or wrong not to be able to build city center if someone else lay down foundation already? (or something like this)

And if it is ain't happening the game is rigged with these "rules..." it was not in the original game... :angry:
Peace.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Unable to lay down city center - unwelcome change in gameplay

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The problem you described doesn't exist.

Where the heck do you see any change related to the things you described? https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/

You can always place a construction site over the other player's NON-STARTED construction site, and if your citizen reaches it first, then you will be able to start building, and enemy's construction site will get refunded.

And I'm not going to prove anything, because it's you reporting non-existing problems. I'm not going to waste time recording a video showing that everything is fine, just because yet another time you're trying to find excuses for your lose.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Coo1

Post by Coo1 »

Yes, you described the phenomena exactly. If another player started to build city center and laid out the foundation even with one citizen, nobody could lay down the foundation and complete the building even with 100 citizens. In previous instances one can lay down foundation and complete the city center before the other player can do the same. I guarantee this is the case. I am not accusing but merely state the fact. You or anyone else is welcome to test it. It takes only 5 minutes. This is exactly the case of city center rush. Want to test and try?
Last edited by Coo1 on 18 May 2021, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.40.59.432.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.40.59.432.jpg (509.56 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.41.13.171.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.41.13.171.jpg (508.97 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.41.23.091.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.41.23.091.jpg (508.88 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.41.35.045.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-05-18_01.41.35.045.jpg (504.79 KiB) Viewed 3592 times

2 city center construction sites at the same position.

Pink player starts building first, and the blue one's gets refunded.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Coo1

Post by Coo1 »

In previous games before modifications pink player could lay down foundation ANYWHERE not exactly on the same spot. If one can see the opponent is building city center, it used to be possible to lay down another city foundation a little bit away and build city center before the first player would complete the city center. It was possible before, not now.

Added after 4 minutes 10 seconds:
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 18 May 2021, 01:35 You can always place a construction site over the other player's NON-STARTED construction site, and if your citizen reaches it first, then you will be able to start building, and enemy's construction site will get refunded.
Before it was possible to lay down city foundation *ANYWHERE* not exactly over the other player foundation... If the building has started there is no way anyone can lay-down city center foundation but as you show. Good luck locating that NON-STARTED foundation! If you play previous versions it *WAS* possible.
Try building pink city center away from blue city center.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Coo1 wrote: 18 May 2021, 01:49 In previous games before modifications pink player could lay down foundation ANYWHERE not exactly on the same spot. If one can see the opponent is building city center, it used to be possible to lay down another city foundation a little bit away and build city center before the first player would complete the city center. It was possible before, not now.
And it is possible. Even screenshots above show it.

Go test yourself in Single Player before you write false and aggressive accusations towards the Unofficial Patch.

You can even use the Switch Player hotkeys:

https://ee2.eu/patch/#1.5.7
— Added new hotkeys for players who like to cheat or city-build (available in Singleplayer mode only):
* CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + (W, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0) = Switch the active player to player World or Slots 1-10.

For easier testing.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Post by Matty »

Coo1 I think that in the game which made you post this thread you confused a full built cc on a not connected terr with a cc being built on a generic terr. Otherwise i'd like to ask you to provide a playback showing what you say.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The video recorded today (2021.05.17 - 17.56.05.06)

Version: 1.5.8.012:

I suspect that Coo1 good knows that the problem doesn't exist. How else to explain that in all previous "problem" reports he attached a playback file, and this time nothing?

Playback file:
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-pl ... ew&id=1475
(2021_05_17)_(17_27).e2s
(5.01 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

Rating System Log:
https://ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/?sess ... 05455A5BEB
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Coo1

Post by Coo1 »

I just played game with Prof.N|o_o|B and indeed the phenomena I reported did not happen. I am bewildered. No matter what I own an apology and here I am bringing it to all of you and hope that you do not keep grudge against my inexperience. Thank you.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

And can you share a playback of the game where it "happened"?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”