An idea i came up with to add for the game

General Talking for all forum users.
ByzantineEmpire

An idea i came up with to add for the game

Post by ByzantineEmpire »

Hey everyone the idea is about adding unique themes to each civilization for the intro when match starts . Every Civilization will have its own theme to indicate their culture

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: An idea i came up with to add for the game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I understand the idea, but how would it look like?

EE2_ScreenShot930.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot930.jpg (347.29 KiB) Viewed 5191 times

This screen is full of information. Only Unique Units are "special" for the civilization. Changing the background on the back wouldn't make any sense, as it's covered by 3 different frames with information. Not to mention that this screen is displayed for a very short time and should be as clear as possible (just like it is now).

It's impossible to change backgrounds like this depending on the civilization chosen. It would require hours if not weeks or assembling, so either way it wouldn't be done. Just arguments above show that there's also no sense in this idea.

Next time, for the ideas like this, it would be nice to at least post a graphics project how do you imagine it to look like.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
ByzantineEmpire

I dont mean the background of the loading screen to a match i meant the soundtrack at the start of match for exable just like first 3 or 4 minutes playing a soundtrack dedicated to the civilization then after its done normal game soundtrack from original game continues
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I think it's better to use different mods for that, like EE4 Mod with hundreds of new background music.
People who install Unofficial Patch 1.5 are looking for a "vanilla" game experience, without too heavy modifications.

Selecting music would also be a pain. What tracks? Are they copyrighted or not? Will players from the countries of the civilization names like or hate them? Too many problems.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
ByzantineEmpire

Ah yea i understand epsecialy finding if they allow the copyrighted to the game that will be a big problem
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

And if it was copyrighted, could cause recorded gameplay videos to be blocked by YouTube, or at least have disabled monetization. So things like this, instead of help make the patch more active, could make it less popular. I think the path we have chosen, to keep it as original as possible is good. After all there is no alternative, so we can't even risk to feed players with changes that they might dislike.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”