[CLOSED] Continuing to propose changes ..

General Talking for all forum users.
IndieRock00

[CLOSED] Continuing to propose changes ..

Post by IndieRock00 »

Dear Mona,

I start by knowing that most of the changes are intended to improve the stability of the game,
however I was fantasizing about a possible option to add (if technically possible).

Since the world is flat in EE2 there should be the "PACMAN" effect. [ the "Pac-Man effect" as the reason why planes don't fall off the edge of a flat Earth [...] When a plane or other object reaches the edge of the horizon, such as when Pac-Man reaches the end of the screen, that object will teleport from one side of the planet to the other, a la Pac-Man entering from the other side of the screen.] (https://www.livescience.com/62454-flat- ... ffect.html)

That is: crossing the edge of the map, you would immediately find yourself on the opposite side.

If it were possible to implement this optional modification (such as deactivating the crowns),
the game strategy would be upset, and it would be necessary to think 360 ° and would make the game experience more realistic (?).

Thanks for your time with this things
Last edited by IndieRock00 on 12 Aug 2020, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Long life and prosperity. 🖖

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Continuing to propose changes ..

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. I understand the idea. It is done for example in Civilization games.

For EE2 it's technically impossible, as it requires a full engine rebuild. Even with a source code it would be extremely hard, and we don't even have it.

Besides that, EE2 is all about maps of the "part" of the Earth. The full Earth maps are rarely played. It would not make sense for 99.9% of all games played. Not to mention the starting positions, where enemies would literally start game next to each other.

Another thing is, any modification on map generation is very hardcoded. I still didn't manage to fix the "unfair" maps generation, where North/South territories are often bigger and have less resources, which affects medium-pace games significantly.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
IndieRock00

Re: Continuing to propose changes ..

Post by IndieRock00 »

Thank you for the reply
Long life and prosperity. 🖖

Return to “General Talking”