Current State of Affairs : Realstic Mods

General Talking for all forum users.
solarriors

Current State of Affairs : Realstic Mods

Post by solarriors »

Hello there,
and hello back my dear MonaLisa, it's been since 2016 !
I am glad I'm done with Uni to be able to spend some time with you again.

After reinstalling my GOG EE2 I found those mods.

EE4 v9.6 (from vk.com and ee4-eng.do.am
EE2 Realistic Mod v48.1 from Iwanicki (the version @MonaLisa backed-up)
EE2 Realistic Mod (x) from moddb main downloads

Where is the latest version ?
Which include latest UP ?

Also I am actually looking for a realistic mod with small(er) scale of world units. I found the units at the moment too big. They should be smaller in comparison to the terrain.
Is someone or a way possible to make everything smaller and terrain granularity more detailed ?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Current State of Affairs : Realstic Mods

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.

You can use any mod you listed, but you need to use the Developers Version of Unofficial Patch 1.5 on them: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/developers/
Those mods don't include UP1.5 by default. The "normal" version of UP1.5 is incompatible with the other mods, because of huge changes in the files structure.
If you installed the normal version of UP1.5 on your EE2 installation - you will have to fully remove it, re-install game (to a new folder), then make a backup of it, and continue with mods.

EE4 mod (newest version) is in Russian only. I don't have any information if they ever want to bring English back.
Realistic Mod, I'm not sure. I think the ModDB version was newer, but was uploaded without the developer's (Iwanicki) permission. I might remember wrong, but he sent a backup file to someone (for personal usage), and this person made it public. That demotivated him from further work a lot.

I don't know any mods that change units sizes, and to be honest that would be pretty annoying in game. Not to mention that every single model would have to be modified to have the expected scale. If you want to have it - you will spend months doing it yourself.

I personally recommend to also use the normal version of UP1.5 (you can have a different folder for that). It has many new in-game features, crash fixes (which were impossible to fix without changed files structure, like it is in Developers version), balanced new-units and vanilla gameplay experience.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
solarriors

Post by solarriors »

Thank you ML for you answers !

I know about UP1.5 devs version, which is the best way to play the "vanilla" enhanced edition. Your version should definitely come as a standard version at GOG.com, since you're both neighbouring countries you might want to get in contact with them.
Regarding the scale I think there was a line in the config/settings file
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Gog.com's policy doesn't allow to post information which are not approved by the publisher on their website. I asked before to modify information on their website regarding multiplayer or supported operating systems, and it couldn't be done.
They could only post information as their support article: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articl ... roduct=gog
"Neighbouring countries" or even the same country (as in this case) doesn't matter when it comes to policy.

You can check file "config.cfg" from your game folder for scaling values, and see how it works. I have not tried it before, and it might not work with UP1.5 stuff.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “General Talking”