EE, EE2 and EE3 on steam?

General Talking for all forum users.
calsch03

EE, EE2 and EE3 on steam?

Post by calsch03 »

For those who don’t know Rebellion is releasing classics on steam lately.
First with ground control and today Lords of the Realm.
I have found an article that says that Empire Earth, Empire Earth II and Empire Earth III are coming to steam.
The article: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ground-control-anthology-available-now-on-steam/
And until now that article is true. They released Ground Control and Lords of the Realm.
So I think it’s likely that they are going to release Empire Earth on steam.

Prove that Rebellion owns Empire Earth: http://www.rebellion.co.uk/games

What do you guys think about this?

Please note that this are just releases on steam, No hd remake or something like that.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE, EE2 and EE3 on steam?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Very interesting, but I wonder how they want to do it. I mean, it's easy to release a game on Steam, but then they should patch the game somehow, to make is playable on Windows 8 / 10... For now, without the Unofficial Patch there are too many problems with playing EE2. So in my opinion, if they are not going to fix those problems, then they should not release EE2 on Steam.

Edit, the article says:
Rebellion will continue to publish classic strategy titles on Steam this summer, with Empire Earth, Empire Earth II, Empire Earth III and Lords of the Realm III all due for release soon.
But it was written on: JULY 8, 2015. So the "soon" period expired Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
calsch03

Post by calsch03 »

Leader wrote:Very interesting, but I wonder how they want to do it. I mean, it's easy to release a game on Steam, but then they should patch the game somehow, to make is playable on Windows 8 / 10... For now, without the Unofficial Patch there are too many problems with playing EE2. So in my opinion, if they are not going to fix those problems, then they should not release EE2 on Steam.
Yeah I agree, it would be kind of ridiculous if they didn't make it compatible with Windows 8/10, a lot of people would complain if they didn't fix that.
I wonder if they still got the code of empire earth II or that they lost it with the years that passed by.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Well they released age of empires 2 and age of mythology on steam and they have new content for those 2 old games now. So I guess that they would make something for the EE series as well if it was put on steam

Return to “General Talking”