Hey guys it's Colby!

General Talking for all forum users.
Colby

Hey guys it's Colby!

Post by Colby »

Hey everyone, was just wondering what all of you are up to and who all of you are? What games do you guys play now? I want to play something haha.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Hey guys it's Colby!

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'm worrying that the forum is inactive since 2012 or earlier Image
I personally play EE2 (still), but not that often as before. I bought a new laptop last year, so I'm also playing newer games like: Watch Dogs, SC2 (Single player), Far Cry 4, Tropico 5, etc. Image But still in my free time I select EE2.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Colby

Post by Colby »

Oh okay. Well, I haven't played a PC game since EE2. Do people still play? And how many? Right now I'm just playing my Xbox one but I barely even play that very much.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Colby wrote:Oh okay. Well, I haven't played a PC game since EE2. Do people still play? And how many? Right now I'm just playing my Xbox one but I barely even play that very much.
It's hard to say. It changes from week to week, but it's not that bad. I'd say: if you want to play - you'll always find game on GameRanger.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Colby

Post by Colby »

Ah I see. So does this game ranger thing like put you in a lobby where you can pick and choose games, or just it just throw you in? Also, how many total people does the game usually have now??
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Colby wrote:Ah I see. So does this game ranger thing like put you in a lobby where you can pick and choose games, or just it just throw you in? Also, how many total people does the game usually have now??
~13 000 people has EE2 ver. 1.5, but unfortunately 99% of them play only Single Player mode Image

GameRanger is a program where you can join/host games, and then host can start EE2 and the other players are joining like "on LAN". Important thing that it works, and we're able to play together Image But traditionally, the game is most active at "European time"...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Colby

Post by Colby »

That's a lot of people. But the single player part is NOT surprising at all. I'm assuming it's because people don't know about the patch or game ranger and don't bother looking into it. Too bad you can't send them the patch and have them download to play. Well, I get the lan part. I really need to find my disc. But, like I said, it probably won't be until the weekend if I do find it or not. Also, I love the add ons to city builder you did.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Actually I said about the patch users. I don't know about "unpatched players", but 1.5 has currently 15 000 unique downloads. They good know about GameRanger and that it's possible to play multiplayer (sometimes I post "important messages" that appear when they start/quit EE2).
If you have fast internet, you can download EE2 here: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1520-ee2-download-empire-earth-ii-empire-earth-ii-the-art-of-supremacy-for-free
But you should use your CD-KEY to install Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Colby

Post by Colby »

Ohh patched users okay. Okay that is pretty cool. I have pretty fast internet. I guess I could see how long it takes to download and try it. But will still look for my cd with the key. I don't know how I lost that disc but not the other one. Anyway, I'll probably find it. Hopefully. But the game is cheap so I'll probably buy a new one if need be. I'll try downloading tonight(hopefully) but for sure tomorrow. Is it 2 in the morning there? Just for time wise because you said mainly European time. Which I understand because ee2 usually boomed around 9am to about 16:00.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Yes, 2am and I'm about to sleep, so good night Image I hope we will play one day Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”