To Dr. Monalisa

General Talking for all forum users.
shieldwolf23

To Dr. Monalisa

Post by shieldwolf23 »

Hi Dr. Monalisa! Image I'm not around here in EE2 much, but I hope you can give me a couple of minutes.

Your name is a famous name in EE2, and I have seen your work in EE2 Heaven. You may not know me, but I am an avid gamer of the Empire Earth series and is active too in EEH. I have assisted RGV1 in playtesting EE4 mod.

I would want to inquire if you are willing to join a number of modders/ scenario designers for the free RTS game called 0 AD.

play0ad.com

I just recently joined them, and some of the members know RGV1 from his works in EE2, and I told them that you are right now the most active of the lot. We certainly need someone like you who are dedicated in his craft. Here's the official recruitment thread:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18412

I hope I can make you interested. Thanks!

- Shieldwolf

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: To Dr. Monalisa

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi!
I've seen your message here: http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3206
But I totally forgot to reply, I'm sorry...

I downloaded 0 A.D. and played one game. The game is really cool.
Unfortunately, for now I haven't got time to join any group :-( I'd love to help, but it's just impossible for me... I started high school in September, so I haven't got much free time, and in my free time I'm trying to do something useful for EE2. To start modding/scripting 0 A.D. I would have to learn a lot, and it needs time too. Another thing - I did a lot of things for EE2, but it doesn't mean I'm a good modder/designer/programmer, I just learnt everything "live", when I had to do something.

So thank you very much for the offer, I'm really glad that you're one of the people who appreciate my work with EE2. I hope one day I'll be able to help with 0 A.D., but I'm worrying it will be possible in the distant future...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
shieldwolf23

Post by shieldwolf23 »

Thank you for the reply! Image As a group, the Council of Modders are not only into modding textures or scripting, but we can also use artists, history researchers, and the usual game playtesters. I really do hope you consider signing up, if not now, but in the near future, since someone as dedicated as you will be a great asset in our community.

As to EE2, I have just installed RG's mod again, and since I'm using Windows 8, I owe you a lot in making that batch file that enables the running of EE2 for windows 8. I personally would like to thank you for that. Image

0 AD is totally free, and totally moddable, and we have high hopes for it. Once you are ready, we do hope you'll consider us again. All the best Dr. Monalisa!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

As to EE2, I have just installed RG's mod again, and since I'm using Windows 8, I owe you a lot in making that batch file that enables the running of EE2 for windows 8. I personally would like to thank you for that.
You should also install Unofficial Patch 1.4: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636-ee2-ee2x-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14-2013
It supports more screen resolutions, and if your screen resolution is supported then you won't longer need to use Windows 8 FIX Image
All the best Dr. Monalisa!
Thank you, and I wish you successes with 0 A.D. Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
shieldwolf23

Post by shieldwolf23 »

Thank you. I'll try that link tonight. Image

Return to “General Talking”