Do you want EE2 Lobby back?

General Talking for all forum users.
ZT|carfaceUK

Re: Do you want EE2 Lobby back?

Post by ZT|carfaceUK »

hmm is there any chance u guys know how to make a server and connect threw old ee2 lobby like the old days what we all miss lol we cdould maKE A donate button on this forum but would all the funds donated help or would mona so on get all the money lol we need to look into this deeper has ee2 was my childhud and would do anything to get it bk online lol

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Do you want EE2 Lobby back?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

ZT|carfaceUK wrote:hmm is there any chance u guys know how to make a server and connect threw old ee2 lobby like the old days what we all miss lol we cdould maKE A donate button on this forum but would all the funds donated  help or would mona so on get all the money lol we need to look into this deeper has ee2 was my childhud and would do anything to get it bk online lol
I tried, but unfortunately it's impossible. Everything I could do was simulating GameSpy avaiblity server on local port, that's how we can enter to the lobby with version 1.4.
I asked GameSpy for source code of the server (when I was trying to fix leaderboards), but they said they can't give it to me, due to copyrights. They told me to ask developers/publisher of the game. Sierra doesn't exists anymore, Activision doesn't even know that they own EE2 now. I contacted EE2 developers, but they were like: "I haven't worked there for 8 years, I can't help".
So I think it's impossible for now.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “General Talking”