Why the fu*k all players playing Star Craft II

General Talking for all forum users.
asd

Re: Why the fu*k all players playing Star Craft II

Post by asd »

SC2 is a lot more indepth then EE2. You can't auto queue units or citizens. And there is no one unit composition that beats everything. You really have to react to what you're opponent is doing. It's very complicated and hard to get pro at so I'd recommend only getting it if you plan on playing it a lot if you like it.

If you want to read more about it or watch some live play go here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft2

Click top right on user streams to watch people who are streaming.

Also, here's a guide for anyone who just got the game or is getting it and wants to pick their race or learn about each race beforehand:

(Long)

Hello, my name is Laggy and I'm going to try my hand at writing an article. So the topic of this specific thread is going to be inspired by the many threads asking for help choosing a race, and hopefully to save some people from reading the "Go Terran and get tanks, or any unit cause they are OP.", though I might be saving those people from getting banned, I digress back on topic. So here you are at a cross roads, weirdest cross road in your life. Do you go with blue people with imaginary weapons? An alien ant colony? Or Humans that found a way to live through 2012, lol.

First off, I'm sure you've done this step but if not: before nailing yourself to a race without any experience with playing any of the races, try playing a few games with each, 10 or so should be enough to get the jist of the race. So now you have a feel for the races I will try to give an accurate overview of each race in an attempt to open a few closed doors.

Protoss[image loading]

Features: strong units, heavily micro oriented, Warp gate system, regenerative shields.

Overview: This is a very easy race to pick-up and play, but that in no way makes it less challenging to master. This race has a lot of units with abilities that can greatly benefit you in battles, Protoss has very strong units and with good macro you can have a very strong 200/200 army incorporate some good micro and you will go far with this race! In the end if you are new to StarCraft this is a definitely a good starting race, as well as if you come from a micro oriented RTS such as WarCraft 3 Just don't get too caught up in micro and remember to macro!

[image loading]

Terran[image loading]

Features: Unique units, various openings, floating buildings, switchable building add-ons, build without placement restrictions such as pylons or creep, heavily micro oriented.

Overview: Terran is a great race that has very unique units giving it an incredible amount of openings timings. As Terran you have many options, a fairly easy tech tree and great synergies with your units. With these synergies you are open to a vast majority of timings, unit compositions, harassment oportunities. You have builds ranging from the very slow but super strong mechanical composition to the very quick, strong and fragile Biological composition, you can also combine them and have the best of both worlds if you'd like also! I'd recommend this race to someone who likes sticking to one game plan, but has other options if it comes to it.

[image loading]

Zerg[image loading]

Features: Massable units, expendable units, Macro oriented, 1 structure makes all, fast tech switch.

Overview: Zerg is as I stated before, an ant colony, they find their strength in numbers and overwhelming whatever opposes them. Zerg units in a 200/200 battle will not stand up against any other races with a few exceptions,+ Show Spoiler +
(200/200 army of zealots vs 200/200 mutas you only see this in very high level plays!)
but with the interesting mechanics of zerg you will be able to recreate any losses almost instantaneously as well as completely rearranging your unit composition to counter his and be able to show the enemy why it's called 'The Swarm'. This race in this stage of the meta game and or balance is not very forgiving, so if you are looking for a race that will not screw you over because you are new this is not it, however if you are up for a challenge and willing to learn how to play Zerg it's definitely a fun race to pick up! I would recommend this race to a person who likes city building sims, and has fun or finds comfort in having and being able to maintain a large number of bases.

[image loading]

So there you have it, my guide on how to pick a race, if you really like 2 races play both of them no one is going to slap you in the face if you play more than one race... Unless your friend is reading this and wants to contradict me by slapping you in the face if you play more than 1 race but that's beside the point. And if you like all three races play random, but take note, it is a bit more difficult being better with multiple races than it is picking one and sticking to it. I hope you enjoyed my post, and have fun playing StarCraft!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you very much for this post Asd.

I think Zerg are horrible. I played Zergs one time in my life, and I was scared. Only monsters and worms in Zergs civ.
I like Protos. They all cool, and are my favourite civilization.
With Terran I played too much, and they make me bored.

I like games 4v4 with medium computer Image

I think I'll rly buy SC2 after new laptop, but now I have to training in Singleplayer and... playing EE2, because Ee2 is still the best game for me.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
asd

Post by asd »

Leader wrote:Thank you very much for this post Asd.

I think Zerg are horrible. I played Zergs one time in my life, and I was scared. Only monsters and worms in Zergs civ.
I like Protos. They all cool, and are my favourite civilization.
With Terran I played too much, and they make me bored.

I like games 4v4 with medium computer Image

I think I'll rly buy SC2 after new laptop, but now I have to training in Singleplayer and... playing EE2, because Ee2 is still the best game for me.
Zerg pretty hard to learn. I love their units and the whole idea of the swarm (huge masses of army just swarming your opponent). The problem with Zerg is right now at least, they have to be more reactive to the other races while the other races control the match ups.

Protoss is very easy to learn, and they have a few easy strategies that you can pull off to good effect until you hit a certain level.

Terran is human. They are like 5-5 in a way. They have siege tanks which do splash damage with an upgrade. They have a wide variety of strategies.

I use Terran right now and really like them. The good thing about SC2 is that you can play to your own style with any race. Meaning if you are an aggresive player, you do can do so with any race. If you are a more defensive player you can do so with any race. Pick your race based on which units you like the most, in my opinion.

Also, you cannot really switch races once you have picked yours because you get pretty far behind other players who stick to one race. Although this is mainly for high level play.
fack3d

Post by fack3d »

asd no one wants ur noob opinion
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I want, and I'm not noone Image

Thanks ASD for example...

And facked, long time no see...
Do you play SC2?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
asd

Post by asd »

Yeah he does. He's getting better, still has a ways to go though xD.
Nightstand

Post by Nightstand »

Thanks asd Image
fack3d

Post by fack3d »

Btw sc2 isnt med pace LOL
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I know, but Game Play Style is like in EE2 med pace..
I mean attack in second minute of game, etc.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Nightstand

Post by Nightstand »

I seee!!!

Return to “General Talking”