Timo

Re: BEST PLAYBACK CONTEST POLL

Post by Timo »

If you're clever you'll vote 3
=)
Matty

Post by Matty »

Well i have to think a lot because i like all 4 playbacks and i need more time.
Every playbacks got its features:
1- Mine has got an incredible vamp.
2- Leader's playback is a game played almost perfectly by 2 very good players.
3- Timo's playback has got the almost perfect skill of micro and the fact that two players like Pedro and Alper can be beaten in bab war 2v2 makes it more beautiful.
4- Lukwert's playback is an epic game of a 3v3 between the best ee2 players of that period.

I don't know if i'll decide before 6 days.... xDD
Timo

Post by Timo »

1) Matty, really impressive. To be honnest, before watching your payback i didnt know the meaning of "vamp", i thought it was just gonna be a 1v1 that you won. Seriously, you did fu**ing great.
Your opponent (was it mkl?) did pretty good too, however he stopped building and expanding so yeah, it was his mistake. To be honnest i feel like he should have won it, but he felt too confident, and you Matty never give up so you fought back and won it. You're awesome Image

2) Mona:
Dude i was one of the obs, so thanks, it was pretty cool to watch this game again =) you both owned, and you did awesome in that game. Impressive, as usual.

Just one thing though: in the otehr topic you said that there were mean comments by W2G obs. I was the one saying most of the mean things, and they werent even mean, i dont think. :/
Colby even said "God I love his micro" talking about you, so you know, there wasnt any rude comments by W2G guys (from W2G only Colby was obsing).
So yeah, mean comments were coming from me, but that wasnt mean. I said "Mona doesnt play as well as usual", which was true; and said "At first i wouldnt have bet anything on Mona" because after your rams and you taking Helu's cc, he took it back and raped your counter-attack. At this point Helu was looking better, therefore i was thinking Helu was probably gonna win this.

But anyway, great game from both of you, and the fact that i was here watching, it brings back memories xD
Im gonna watch Luk now xD

4) Luk, you did pretty good in that game, but you could find hundreds of games where you played better than that. Yet you posted this one, not emphasizing your performance but the teamwork, the game in itself. Thats why i love you Luk. And now, because of you i have no idea who im gonna give my vote to. :S

I would have thought the game was stacked because of BigBang, but it was pretty balanced s yeah i enjoyed watching it. Maybe not as much as matty's and Mona's, because my laptop was lagging as hell, but still it was great to watch. I miss games like that :/
But more than the playback in itself, i like the fact that you posted it knowing that you were the worst in your team (by that i mean, in this game you did worse than them). Dude you're just a too good person not to be voted for =)

3) My game: as Matty said, what makes this playback great is the fact that Pedro and Zapper have been beaten in babwar; so in other words im not like "look, i did great", im like "look, i did better than them", i belittle them.
Im still proud of that game though. However i dont think there is this "awesome skill of micro" as you said Matty. Pedro and Miss fought pretty well, rushing fortresses next to each other's land, there was proof of skill right there, but in the case of Zapper vs me, there was mostly luck.
So yeah, all 3 of them proved to be skilled, i proved to be lucky, so to be honnest i feel like i posted this playback just to be a show-off. I maybe should have chosen the other playback rather than this one.

Nevertheless, (Luk's playback was the best example of it) the aim of the topic isnt to determine who played the best, but whose playback is better. So i guess i still have a chance xD

Matty, is it possible to vote for several playbacks? Like a ranking, my first vote gives 4 points, my second gives 3, my third 2 and last 1, something like that. cause honnestly i dont know who to vote for
derrick

Post by derrick »

i wasnt Mkl lol im in eWA not eW, maybe its kay_one and i see playback the rush arent very good you can make better it
Matty

Post by Matty »

Timo, It's always a pleasure reading your comments and i agree all what you say except for 1 thing:
Maybe your game wasn't full of microes, but if you watch the initial battle between Pedro and Misss .... O_O
You see Pedro microing while he is attacking citizens with other army .... Of course Pedro and Alper didn't play their best game, else they wouldn't have never lost ...

My opponent was Kay and he did fine at the start, but then he thought he had won writing "owned" and he didn't expect the game was not over yet. Then I am a player i never give up easily even for this reason:" The best games are those games you win when you think you lost".

About Lukwert, i agree with you, he is one of the nicest people in the Earth and it's always a pleasure talking with him.

I have a question for Mona.... Is it possible as Timo said to vote several playbacks? I saw while i was posting the poll an option "multiple choise" but i didn't know how it worked. Maybe it's that one.
Timo

Post by Timo »

[quote="~eW`~>MattyMy opponent was Kay and he did fine at the start, but then he thought he had won writing "owned" and he didn't expect the game was not over yet. Then I am a player i never give up easily even for this reason:" The best games are those games you win when you think you lost".

About Lukwert, i agree with you, he is one of the nicest people in the Earth and it's always a pleasure talking with him.[/quote]
I agree with everything xD

Ok, here's my ranking:

1: Luk
2: Matty
3: Mona
4: Timo

To be fair i'd put Matty and Mona in a tie, and i ranked Luk higher just because his game was a 3v3 rther than a 1v1. So yeah if i really have to vote for only one person, id vote for Luk, i guess...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I read everything I will answer when I back home (this evening or tomorrow). See you little monsters
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
lukwerty

Post by lukwerty »

Alright and uff. I watched twice all playbacks(except mine). I really enjoyed watching all of them. Each one has your own features and specific characterists, as our dear friend Matty had said.

I particulary enjoyed seeing matty's game a lot, because it was extremely unpredictable and I love when things work unexpectedly(thats why I like playing r-r). However, i won't vote in accordance with my emotions, but rather in accordance with my rationality; or better yet, with both of them. I believe It's important to consider all aspects in this case, seeing that these playbacks are splendid.

I'll try to be as brief as possible LOL but I'll anticipate that I have difficulties to express objectivity sometimes. (lol)

@Matty- As I said previously, one of the incredible characterists of your game was principally the fact unpredictable on it. Kay thought that he had beaten you, however you showed resilience and I admired you a lot for it too. Although kay is already in the ew sector, you taught him an important lesson: never stop building, never stop attacking, never stop trying and playing... in other words, "never give up, despite the circumstances."

Now, analyzing "game-dly"(xD) and stistically, I'd say that your game was incredible and hard of being done, because it isn't easy having 60(was it 60?) crossbowmen already in 5 minutes of game. And since start you were intenting to do a rush and see if it would be successful and efficient. You didn't expect for the horses, either rams, yet you proved it was successful in the end, in all senses. Simply amazing. Thanks for sharing this one with us.

@Mona

You were, are, will be always an awesome player. I realized it since when you played with me in your team against 4-5 poland guys... I thought, what's the secret, what is? there is no secret, just pure skill and skill. Not for nothing are you one of the best players - you certainly deserve this tittle. Helu is also a great player and for a moment he was winning, for a moment... you didn't disappoint only because you hadn't got enough territories and or because you had less armies than him. You used your mind and played wisely. Yes, wisely. You used rams, you crown-rushed him and microed him with your armies once or twice. You didn't ignore your army; simply ctrl-e and finish, "let's see where luck is pointing and if today is my day." Nahhhh, NOOO, nope!!! !!! !!! There was skill, pure skill, emphazing once again. Congratulations dude. I'm proud you were and still are my teacher. Guys like you motivate others to improve.

@Timo

No comments. I personally don't like babs, but your game ... was ... simply ... unbelievable; unique of this genre. Haha, it's easier one thunder hits me than anyone beats pedro and alper together, haha xD.

damn man... are you kidding with me? maybe there was an ounce of luck, I do agree. However, I must confess that there was a lot of skill too... and do not dare to dissuade us of this incontestable fact. How do you say it was only luck on that game? oh, you're being way toooo modest in my view. Alper tried to attack you and you did an awesome micro very early on. Now if you keep insisting on it, then you might say: "ah but it was luck of day, luck of day"... wow, so did you win the lottery this day?! If there was soo luck as you say, I'd rather know what's the secret to attract it then, because I need of it xD

Well, miss played skillfully, pedro tried to beat her with fortress and she simply made a fortress too to contradict him. Skill against skill, intelligence against intelligence, micro against micro. That's the game! No doubt.

Nevertheless, in my understanding, you were the best, seriously now. Because I don't consider micro in itself, only. I analyze the stastistics and all skills done during the game. You demonstrated to me worth being the best one of this specific game. Yeah, neither Pedro, nor alper or miss. You! you got the economic crown, helped your mate, attacked pedro and defensed-attacked alper several times. you deserve this merit more than anyone. Congratulations then.

Summarizing a little bit now xD

Matty = unpredictability and resilience.

Mona= Fascinating by your wise skills.

Timo= Oneness which consequently instigates a lot.

All of them are great and I still haven't decided precisely the ranking. It'd be easier simply put everyone in the 1rd position, but we can't do that. Thus, for now i'll think a little more before posting the ranking then.

That's it then. Sorry for my bad english and thanks for those who read it all.
derrick

Post by derrick »

make more long answer next time its very short.

Return to “General Talking”