Save EE ( Empire Earth 1 )

General Talking for all forum users.
Shushi Of The Mist

Save EE ( Empire Earth 1 )

Post by Shushi Of The Mist »

I feel like an alien in another planet on this forum.. anyway im from Empire earth 1 and i play there. Approximately 50 - 70 players on here daily and it could me more if you guys suggested taking a look at it

Young_

Re: Save EE ( Empire Earth 1 )

Post by Young_ »

Yes guys would be nice Image ee1 is a awesome game tho Image
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hehe, welcome to the forum Image
I'm glad you guys visited us Image

Tell us something more about EE1, please!
EE1 has 50-70 players in total? or 50-70 players active at the same time?

We're having now 20-30 players online at the same time (Only at "European" time, so it's usually 14:00-22:00 CET).

EE1 is "older" than EE2, and I don't think players which have ever played EE2 will move to the older version Image
Of course there is nothing bad if they install EE1 to check out how this game looks like.

And what about EE1 players? Did you ever played the Empire Earth II? Actually you can get this game for free, by downloading from the Internet. Almost year ago I've created an unofficial patch which allows to play the game without a CD1:
http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1070-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-13
Also it supports widescreen resolution (1600x900).

Of course game still needs CD-KEYs to play online, but it shouldn't be a problem, since I found some keys which are working online:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1143-empire-earth-ii-cd-key-serial-working-online-and-offline

So we invite you guys, to visit EE2 too Image
The only one problem is an inactivity on the EE2 in the night hours Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Young_

Post by Young_ »

So nice u reply Image We are like 50-70 guys online at once so i think we are bigger than the ee 2 community since i can say that EE2 wasnt that popular like EE1 Image U can download EE1 for free aswell just visit save-ee.com. It would be cool if u coul bring your HOLE clan to EE1 i think EE1 is still a great game in my opinion the best of the 3 Games. I think u just should visit the lobby. Btw Lobby download takes like 10 seconds :DD. I just was online on ee2 servers there were 0 Guys online.. Atm there are 50 ppl on EE1. I think ppl on EE1 wont join EE2 because they realy stuck on EE1 they all just love that game Image. So you guys realy should come to EE1 even tho we got a bigger community. But its nice we guys get in contact with u guys Image) Iam realy glad about this^. Sincerly Young.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Heh, we probably have the same problem. Empire Earth II is for most of players the best games they've played.
I understand that you guys like EE1 more, but in my opinion EE2 is much better than EE1. Yes, I tested EE1 and I played several games... But for me it's not same Image

For me it's about graphic. As we know EE2 has much better graphic, and it's hard to move on the "worse" graphic version, while I already played for months on the EE2.

EE2 has a good gameplay on the multiplayer, but you have to find good players, to play with them.
To show you little more about EE2, just visit this one topic with screenshots from the Epoch 2-2:
http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t611-empire-earth-s-2-graphic-is-wonderful

If you want to see some of "Gameplay", then please visit my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LeaderEE2
It might be interesting Image

And yeah, I started to talk about EE2, and this is topic about Empire Earth I, sorry for that...

I know that graphic isn't the most important thing, But in my opinion EE2 is much more advenced than EE1. 15 epochs, a lot of units. There is always something to do, especially when you're playing r-r setts (random civilization, random epochs). It's a lot of fun.

Actually every time I am on the EE2 - there is always a hosted game, where I can join. I've no problem with "no players", everytime I have time to play, there are players Image
Also it's not just about online players at same time. Most of us uses Xfire, so it's easier to get a lot of people on the EE2 at any time. People just are not sitting on the lobby that much as they are able to play.

EDIT:
I forgot to add, that most of people likes EE2, just because it's that small community.
On the EE2 everyone knows everyone. Everyone talks with everyone. It's really special, because there everyone can be "someone" important.
We're having funny converstations on the lobby, for example today:
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/pb2-EE2_ScreenShot495.jpg
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
dynasty

Post by dynasty »

EE1 was fu**ing awesome, I enjoyed some parts of it more than ee2. Haven't played in like 5 years though 0.0
Shushi Of The Mist

Post by Shushi Of The Mist »

Hey yeah imo we will download that game just to make your community bigger and we will have a look at it to see whats going on
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Shushi Of The Mist wrote:Hey yeah imo we will download that game just to make your community bigger and we will have a look at it to see whats going on
Great!
I'm going to upload EE2 on the mediafire, and I'll try to create a topic on the "Save EE" forum, with screenshots, links etc. so maybe more players will test it Image
For now I'm sending this case to the [url=http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t918-foreign-officeForeign Office[/url] so they'll organize "time", "games" for you - to show EE2 as a good game Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Legolego40

Post by Legolego40 »

Hey! Welcome to the forums.

I myself have tried Empire Earth I, but only for about two hours, and then I uninstalled it due to time and space constraints. Got it for free from GOG.com...

Anyway, I'm willing to give it another try over the next couple days. Recently "upgraded" to Windows 7 though, and I'm currently trying to sort out some problems.

My initial impression is that each of us are more likely to like/play the games we grew up with — namely, Empire Earth I and II. It's highly likely that players bought EEII when it came out and, seeing as it was terribly imbalanced, probably went back to EEI. We've had a lot of time with EEII and have built our play-styles on using the most blatantly overpowered units, making the game more dependent on speed and micromanagement than other factors. Take Epoch 5-5, for instance: Everyone primarily builds Crossbowmen and Catapults. You can't build Swordsmen, Pikemen, Ballistas, or anything else, really, unless you want to lose.

This makes the game extremely unforgiving to newcomers. Once someone learns learns what to build and formulates their play-style, however, that person is likely to have a much more enjoyable experience.

Anyways, I'll try to delve into the Save-EE multiplayer and get my ass kicked a couple times.
Legolego40

Post by Legolego40 »

Alright! So, I re-installed Empire Earth Gold Edition and the Save-EE lobby client.

To begin, I'm just going to say: my ears are bleeding. But that's not because of EE; I'm currently having some sound issues on the Windows 7 Partition of my computer. Be it YouTube, Empire Earth, TF2, or anything else, I hear an abundance of snaps, crackles, and pops. It's really annoying, so I'm not using the audio much. Thus, I won't able to be much of a judge of EE's audio... but what I heard of it sounded very good.

Okay. So, today, I tried a couple of the tutorials. The game is quite similar to EEII, but of course has a few differences. Today, I mostly covered resource gathering, and after a while, felt at home. There's a warehouse equivalent, temple, granary (replacement for farms - basically, you build it and then you have nine farms to arranged in a circle to cultivate), dock, etc. Unfortunately, the tutorials feel extremely slow, making them become very boring after a little while.

I ran it at the best possible graphics. I'm fairly certain that when I installed the Save-EE client it installed some graphical enhancements, including extra screen resolutions. The graphics certainly are not on par with EEII's. Units look quite blocky, and textures are low-res. I even mistook the females for nude, until I zoomed in (you can actually zoom in extremely far, compared to EEII). But the graphics are, in their own right, quite alright.

As for the Save-EE client: this is great work. It feels like there is a reasonable amount of effort put into it, with the alright-ish lobby, awesome patcher, help (well-written, by the way), and training. Unfortunately for me, I can't seem to get the training videos working.

Next time I get on, I'll skip the rest of the tutorials and go straight into some online games.

Return to “General Talking”