Tourney rating on EE2 gonna crash like Skirmish rating...

General Talking for all forum users.
BigBang
Location: Conselheiro Lafaiete - Minas Gerais - Brazil - South America - America - World - Solar system - Milky Way - Universe

Re: Tourney rating on EE2 gonna crash like Skirmish rating...

Post by BigBang »

I agree with mona

I'm happy that you agree with me, but better if use Reputation system.
@Leader

IPmanwingchun

Post by IPmanwingchun »

i will make a acc and see if i can do anything for ee2

but idk where to post for ee2 the forum is weird
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Aha... Redline will do something... ho ho ho, of course...
Week and he did nothing...

So I decided to post on theirs forum, let's wait for answer....
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Deus

Post by Deus »

LOL did you really expect mr muscles to do anything?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Deus wrote:LOL did you really expect mr muscles to do anything?
No, it would be shock. I opened eyes: O_O, then I saw: IPmanwingchun, so I knew it's Redline, so I closed eyes: -_-, and I said to myself: LOL
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gooberman

Post by Gooberman »

Leader wrote:Hmmm, but I have good idea...
What if we hack all these 100 accounts? Or more?
Ofcourse it's impossible to log in on these accounts, but goober could do "something" to use these nicknames: http://ee2glitchers.ace.st/t47-01052010-resources-glitch

Here we can see what shit he tried to do with *skill*Dr.MonaLisa account.
So it's possible to use theirs nicknames in game.
Or not... maybe he did it on Single Player... Anyway we can try to ask him.
Timo, Mali - ANYONE contact with him on Eeg forum and tell him to visit this topic, please.

EDIT:
FOund new site: http://developer.poweredbygamespy.com/
It's Game Spy still active.
Deus look on it, and try to contact them
I made a name *skiIl* xD The only thing i could do with names was copy and made it look like I was in game Image
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Damn, so no chance to get points from all these accounts :/
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

We got answer from Game Spy Team:

Me:
I really didn't know where I should post it, so sorry if it's in wrong forum.

So I'm fan of Empire Earth II game. I'm playing almost 3 years. I heard that leaderboard worked good in 2006. But now it has probably bug:

It's probably going to happend with Tourny rating:

Why players with 1000 rating and 1 game player are on the list? I know many people with accounts over 7000 points. They're not on the list, but they should be.

Is any chance to fix this problem?
[GSI]tagmosis:
So, we have confirmed how this game is processing the leaderboard, and it appears that this game is using our Legacy Stats and Tracking servers. Furthermore, we have confirmed that this game title is getting processed by our backend, so from the server standpoint stats processing should be working properly.

Each game on the legacy stats and tracking system uses a script that is customized by the developer. So, unfortunately, there is no easy way to debug this issue without the people who implemented the code for leaderboard processing.
Me:
Thank you for answer.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to "reset" rating points from all these "bugged" accounts from the list? I can create list with all accounts which are probably cause of the error. I would be really happy if Game Spy just reset or remove these accounts from eearth2 server. If you can do it, you can save this beautifull game, because most of players exit with EE2, due of leaderboard problem Image

By the way: Is any way to check leaderboard from this game otherwise, by website or any program?
Now we are waiting for another answe...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Deus

Post by Deus »

Well, since Sierra doesn't exist anymore, and I think they were, once again, implying that they want Sierra to fix it, then it's a dead end. Let's see what they say next, though.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

New answer:
We would like to help out the EE2 community as well, but we have no idea what removing of the data would do to the game client. It could be possible that removing all the data could in fact cause the game client to no longer work. The best way to go about this would be to have a community manager contact the publisher/developer and have them confirm whether resetting the data would solve this issue.
And my answer:
Problem is, that Sierra (EE2 publisher) doesn't longer exists.

We have topic about this problem on ~eW`~>FORUM: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1191-tourney-rating-on-ee2-gonna-crash-like-skirmish-rating

One member wrote: "I went to Sierra themselves (when it existed) and they said they couldn't do anything, then pointed to gamespy to fix it. I asked gamespy, and they said Sierra could fix it"

-------

"we have no idea what removing of the data would do to the game client." - is it possible to create security copy of all data? Then we would just check if it work or not, and if problems arise then you could recovery data.

Is it possible to delete selected data from server? I think if you could remove only 100-200 indicated players from data base - leaderboard would work like before (2006-2007).

I'm playing since 2009, but I heard from other players, that most of these "bugged" accounts were created by one person (called BigB or something like this). He found trick how to win 0 point for 1 skirmish game, and he just just did it to a lot of accounts... That's why I just want to delete/change points in these "bugged" accounts from leaderboard, then players which deserve to be on the list won't lose theirs previous stats.

Thank you for your interest in this case, and please for answer on new questions.

best regards
If anyone wants to see this topic on Game Spy forum, then here is link: http://developer.poweredbygamespy.com/forum/empire-earth-ii-rating-problem

==========================

[GSI]tagmosis:
Again, the web scripts which handle the leaderboards were all created by the developers of the game, not by GameSpy. So if there is a problem with those scripts, we are limited in our options in order to fix this.

Looking at your response though, it sounds like you want to remove "bugged" accounts from the leaderboard. Rather than deleting everything at once, we can try removing data associated to a "bugged" account that is on the leaderboard, then confirm whether that account is properly removed from the leaderboard.

Please give me a list of 5 accounts that you would like to test with.
Me:
Current leaderboard:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/Przmus/Album%202/EE2_ScreenShot...

Please test with 5 first accounts:

brewsky89

ceibaum07

ace708

BOBLEEHEAD

Snakejf

Please note that on there is more than 100 "bugged" accounts, so to see leaderboard correct it's needed to remove/reset more than 150 accounts Image I hope it's not problem. I can create list of all these accounts.

Please tell me when you finish with these first accounts, and I'll check if they're still on leaderboard
Everything is going good Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”