Youtube channel

General Talking for all forum users.
Aqua

Youtube channel

Post by Aqua »

Hey, so i decided to get the program fraps. Just recorded few games today of me and mzadek playing. Going to start to uploading them. Reasons, to get people to maybe start playing if they come across if. So could be a big help if you go to this channel, just open video up click like go next. I'm just trying my part of getting this game back to be popular.
I will post the link to my channel when i'm allowed to? some rule of this forum :/
I linked them to this forum in the description ( sorry leader if you don't like it) Just the only active EE2 forum.
And linked also to the 1.3 verison.
I don''t know why there is no sound in the videos :/ I'm willing to obseve some of you much better guys play and commtentary and upload them. Just have to organise a time ( i live in australia).
Also for people good with computers, should i not play in wide screen when recording cause it may make it better graphics?

-Yew, cheers hornet

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Youtube channel

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hey. That's good information Image
Don't worry post link to your YouTube channel, it's legal here Image But anyway that's very nice that you care about rules (you are one of 5% users on this forum who do). Thanks for posting link to ~eW`~>FORUM in your channel. Players can find interesting information here Image

About game recording... I recommended Xfire: http://forum.ee2.eu/t448-how-to-record-video-from-empire-earth-ii-and-other-games
Maybe this part help you with problem with sound:
Options which I have was setted to record full size with 60FPS/s. You can change it if you want. Remember that if you want record voice from Game - No from microphone - you should select option: Vista Audio or something different (I don't know what in XP). If your computer and sound card can't record voice from your computer without microphone - You can buy cable: jack/jack. Then connect from green nest in your computer to Red or blue, and select good recording device in Xfire options. Remember, that XFIRE is recording very big video clips and you need big disc space. You should change folder where you are recording videos, to easy find clip late.
Anyway I'm waiting for your videos Image (And link to channel)
Also for people good with computers, should i not play in wide screen when recording cause it may make it better graphics?
It depends what do you like. Widescreen (In game named 1280x960) is 1600x900 so game looks better on widescreen computers. But it's possible that you have widescreen monitor and avaliable option 1900x1200 - it's because you have probably 1900x1080. Then I recommend to use 1280x960 (1600x900), and graphic will looks better.
Problem is that Fraps is compressing video while recording. It make your computer very slow. That's why I always use just xfire, and then I'm converting video to Xvid in Virtual Dub Mod. Then quality is very good, and your computer working good while recording.

And one more, if you don't have widescreen monitor, then widesceeen option shouldn't be avaliable for you in graphic options. My last videos I was always recording in 1600X900 ( http://youtube.com/LeaderEE2 ) And it looks good Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

No problem, really want this game to get it's numbers up again. My channel is this http://youtube.com/user/AussieAussieHD
Okay, so yeah i had a look into the Xfire , but i could only pick 30 fps. So i found a link to the Fraps ( brand new verison crack ). Fraps quality is great in windows movie maker, but once i tried to put the videos into Windows movie maker ( fraps makes 1 30 minute videos to make file size smaller i think ) Movie maker wouldn't work. So i then moved too a free program called 'corel studio' it slighty lost it quality, but then once on youtube it is down to 30 fps a second or under. ( game didn't lag with fraps either ) Well i'm pretty sure mine is a wide screen monitor it says on it 16:9 . Full HD 1080P. on the side of the monitor. I mixed around with the different screen sizes, the largest one possible made the game look much better but you could only read half the population limit e.g normaly 200/500 you could only see 00/500 the 2 was missing.

So pretty much, need to know a good program to collect the videos together and how to upload HD youtube videos pretty much oh yes and the sound :/
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

25FPS is enought. Almost all videos on YouTube or anywhwre are in 25-30FPS. If you upload more on Youtube it will compress anyway. So I recommend to record with Xfire. Video will looks same.
the largest one possible made the game look much better but you could only read half the population limit e.g normaly 200/500 you could only see 00/500 the 2 was missing
Yeah I know about that problem... It's because I replaced bigger resolution (with bigger font), with this one : ( But I couldn't find other way... I couldn't change .EXE's size, that's why it's still not perfect.
Anyway I think 1600x900 should looks better on your monitor, than this one "big" resolution... Why? Because this "big" resolution called 1600x1200 (or something like this) is just 1280x960... So 1600x900 is bigger. Anyway, could you make and upload screenshots with both sizes and post it in Patch 1.3 topic?: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1070-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-13

And in your video:
Empire Earth 2 sKn.|Hornet Vs MZADEK

This player is called MZADAK Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Okay, so i got the X-fire recording done. But this converter thing that doesn't compress the folder, i don't understand and i think i got the entirely wrong program. plus xfire on mine only does 30FPS. need some help :/
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

30FPS is enought. Last video which you uploaded on YT wasn't in HD anyway.

1. Xfire recorded with voice?
2. Find VirtuaDUB: http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
Select version 32bits or 64bits (depends of your Operation system)
Download it, and start it.
3. Find codec pack to your computer (search for kLite codec pack) - and install it.
4. Start ViruaDUB
5:
- File/Open - select recorded video from Xfire.
- Video/Frame Rate, select: "Change so video and audio durations match"" (It's because sometimes xfire's sound is out of sync.
- Video/Compression - select XVid codec pack, HD (or something)
- File/Save as AVI and save.

Video should be compressed now, without losing quality.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “General Talking”