Looking for users to test the interface of EE2

General Talking for all forum users.
Juniper

Looking for users to test the interface of EE2

Post by Juniper »

Hello lads and ladies!
I'm a French UI/UX student who happens to love strategy games and for my end of year project I wanted to redesign Empire Earth II's interface as I've heard it's getting old and has some usability issues. To do that I'm running some tests meant to observe how players interact with the interface, see if they have some trouble with some functionalities and so on.
So I'm looking for some true amateurs of EE2 and I believe there's some in this forum! :D

The tests will be done remotely via Discord, meant to take maximum 1h30 of your time. Only requirement is to be able to record your screen with any software (Windows 10 has one built-in so that should be sufficient for any Windows users). I would love to have feedback on what you love about EE2 and what you feel could be done better.

My DMs are open but you can mostly find me on Discord user handle Juniper#3003, please don't hesitate to reach out that would be a huge help!!
I especially encourage you to contact me if you're French (understandably all my test questions were originally written in French so)

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Looking for users to test the interface of EE2

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. I would recommend to also ask this on EE2.eu Discord.

Out lf curiously, how would that actually help, if EE2 UI is almost impossible to modify? Even attempts to little tweaks for ultra wide-screen resolutions failed. Did you actually find some ways to improve it?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Juniper

Re: Looking for users to test the interface of EE2

Post by Juniper »

Hi, thanks for your reply!
You're right I failed to mention it is a fictional project for school and there would be no real implementation.

Return to “General Talking”