Reporting TheKnight (again) for behaviour that harms UP1.5 community

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Reporting TheKnight (again) for behaviour that harms UP1.5 community

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I am forced to report player "TheKnight" for a behaviour that harms Unofficial Patch 1.5 Project.

As first let me show the screenshots:

EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.06.32.659.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.06.32.659.jpg (235.52 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.08.11.198.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.08.11.198.jpg (380.96 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.11.35.278.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.11.35.278.jpg (386.85 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.13.30.245.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_22.13.30.245.jpg (398.12 KiB) Viewed 2344 times

Summary:

1. Player "TheKnight" has Internet connection problems (or computer hardware problem). This is confirmed on the provided screenshots, because it continuously shows "Waiting for TheKnight" message.

2. He puts the blame on Unofficial Patch 1.5 updates, like they were the reason of his FPS / connection problems. He offends my work by calling new features "useless".

3. It's been confirmed by multiple neutral sources, that Unofficial Patch 1.5 improves the game performance by DirectX 9 support. Therefore his accusations are false. Players who read his misleading messages might actually believe that it's true, so this behaviour harms the "good name" of Unofficial Patch 1.5.

4. Features added by UP1.5 usually work in the new CPU threads in UP15_GameHelper.dll. Since EE2 was developed to only use the single CPU thread, the things that Unofficial Patch 1.5 uses on the other processor cores have no affect on performance. Besides it's tested after every update, using special benchmark game saves. Every doubt is verified for long hours.

5. I have recently paid over 100$ for a license for the new ambient sounds. Described in details here: https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/#158015
I'm spending countless number of hours to prepare every update, and I don't deserve to have my work insulted this way.

6. His insults are not only targeted in me, but all the people that create, support and help to improve Unofficial Patch 1.5 project. TheKnight's message for example offends the recent Loew's update with Winter Textures for buildings: https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/#158018

Ignorance and hypocrisy like this can not be tolerated anymore, especially because this behaviour was already discussed in the first report topic: TheKnight reported for a toxic behavior.

I feel uncomfortable keep providing free services to people who are so disrespectful, ungrateful and toxic. These messages are making me feel upset, demotivate me from the further work on this game, and as result harm the whole remaining EE2 community. I think this is the best moment to take a decision that would save my mental state from similar situations in the future. Closer EE2 friends know details about my traumatic life events that made me focus on EE2 so much, so I don't need to write longer explanations on this issue.

The case is forwarded to the Department of Justice for a verification if this behaviour harms the Project.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Tojo

Re: Reporting TheKnight (again) for behaviour that harms UP1.5 community

Post by Tojo »

I just came back to enjoy the game :( uwu
Sadge
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Maybe he tried "impress you", showing what a "macho" he is.

However, such subjects and accusations can not be left without an official report.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Tojo

Post by Tojo »

I enjoy more with people just playing and having fun..
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Sorry, but how is this related to the actual report topic?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gnoo

Post by Gnoo »

Tojo, I am so happy to see you back playing with your amazing skills. :D
I share your sadness about the weird behaviour of your clan mate spoiling the fun. So, here we go again... :(

Just like you, I was a player during the game of the reported incident.
So we are both able to confirm that the lag was most likely caused by „TheKnight“ himself,
if not promoted by the host from another continent.
My first statement to my team 5 min. into the game was:
„This fucking lag – caused by TheKnight.“

Please excuse my language, but I had been rushed and was annoyed by the mini-lags,
which felt like holding me back from being able to properly defend & recover.
I played many games that day, which all had been free of lags!
It was the 1st game to play vs. „TheKnight“ that night.
So I blindly assumed that the lag was caused by him.
It was supported by „Waiting for TheKnight“ messages.
The final confirmation was, when he (got steamrolled by my army and)
left the game and all of the sudden no more mini or longer lags were detected.

„TheKnight“ has already been known as a TOP player in concerns of causings lags:
Before starting a game with him you knew about the risk of laggy breaks or him dropping out.
We all hate lags, but I would rather integrate laggy players than excluding them. I even let laggy players observe to integrate them, even if not playing.
As we all may suffer from a bad connection sometimes or technical problems caused by old/broken hardware.
Lagging isn't the issue – Hypocricy mixed with toxicness is:

For example, „TheKnight“ is (by proof) known for boosting his own rating points by crushing new players, but (even after his Comeback) keeps on bullying other players for doing the same.
Where is the sense in that!?
Envy or jealousy?
Even if lags can be annoying - I am not blaming „TheKnight“ for lagging, but I blame him for his next level of toxical hypocricy, especially in the current case:
If it wasn't sad - it would be funny,
that one of the most laggy players complains about lags and even has the audacity to blame the amazing patch work (by Dr.MonaLisa) for his own trouble.
Unbelievable!

Right after this ungrateful act he even admitted that „HE is laggy“:
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_23.04.33.823.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_23.04.33.823.jpg (402.47 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
And then dared demanding to „use Monas generator“ to figur out more fair teams,
while right away also toxically bashing its accuaracy (W H Y ???):
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_23.06.47.881.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2021-10-30_23.06.47.881.jpg (400.03 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
Maybe he is still resentful for the last report?
After „TheKnight“ was muted due to his actions and received a small punishment he was driven by his wrong understanding of „pride“ and decided to boycott Dr.MonaLisa's Server (Multiplayer Lobby) by not playing online anymore,
rather than honestly apologising for his mistakes (hypocritical toxicness & false accusations with potential character assassination),
taking the punishment like a man and start all over with a smile and a change to the better, like everyone with insight and backbone would do.

When he lost stamina and came back online to play, he didn't even need to do his written punishment and got unmuted „for free“ because it was punishment enough, that he surrendered his „honor“ by not being able to endure the selfinflicted boycott.

Even though his absence seemed insignificant, I was glad to see him actively playing online again and was hoping for a fresh restart with a friendlier demeanor by presenting himself as a better player (meaning: less toxic), but instead of using his comeback as such chance it appears that he didn't learn his lesson,
which lays beyond my horizon to be able to understand.
Last edited by Gnoo on 31 Oct 2021, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Beautiful post from Gnooty. I wish I could describe situations as good as he can, without enabling my victim syndrome.

The hypocrisy is exactly what triggers me the most.

We (multiplayer community) never kick players due to lags (with a small exception to really serious cases).

Everyone confirms that their playing experience is fine. Then out of nowhere TheKnight comes and produces all the bullshit about "useless updates that make game laggy", while it's his connection (or hardware) causing the problem for ALL players in the room.

But is being toxic illegal? In most of private multiplayer servers: Yes. In other servers game admins often ban players with no explanation, no possibility to explain, etc.
In EE2 however, we have the Ministry and every case is deeply verified. We also have the "mute" system that still allows players to play after minor "mistakes". So yes, crap-talking is legal, and hypocrisy like this would not deserve punishments (at least in my vision of the freedom of speech). However, in this case it enters on a totally different level (and it's not the first time from this player). Offending "UP1.5 Team" by saying that people who worked on the recent updates (especially me) do "useless" work. Saying false information about the project, accusing of being "more laggy intentionally", etc. In my understanding it harms the project. Thankfully there were only "known" players in the game room, but imagine if he again started crap-talk about UP1.5 in public (like Multiplayer Lobby). This makes me wonder if he should still be able to use our services. I am personally going very soft in cases like this, because I understand that there is no alternative for multiplayer services in EE2. So I am avoiding bans (or even mutes) not because I care about the server activity, but because I feel pity for these players who would be unable to play their favourite game with friends. So even now I wouldn't want TheKnight to be banned, after all these years that he spent with the community. But come on, everything has its limits. How long should I tolerate "shitting" in the project that we all use and enjoy? If he had problems with lags, there is always Support Chat where players can get help. I wouldn't refuse to help if such a problem was reported there. But instead of getting help, he decides to accuse, insult people's work, and be extremely toxic.

In this case I would care less, if it wasn't the same behaviour that we just discussed few months ago. The screenshots posted yesterday look like a very soft case. To fully understand the situation we would need to connect the current behaviour with the previous behaviour where he got muted.

Anyway, I'm leaving the interpretation to the Department of Justice. I just hope for these things to finally stop. And what measures are needed to achieve it is not really my business.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Kiffke

Post by Kiffke »

I can confirm 100% what you (Monaa) and gnooty have written. I witnessed the same negative energy from him in the last games/lobbies we shared.

Mostly I does not care about such negativ opinions but TheKnight has a special attitude behind his comments.

Maybe a long time ban would be the right thing to do here. :(

@Tojo welcome back my colour buddy <3
Tojo

Post by Tojo »

@kiffke the one and only true color!
Matty

Post by Matty »

Hello!
Sorry for the late answer! I hoped Knight said something to clarify the situation but unfortunately this did not happen.

As I said in the past I am one of those players who never had any problems against Knight and always enjoyed his presence, however it is always more clear that several players have problems with him and so there must be something he does that he should not do.
In this specific case, for example, not only he disrespects Mona's work but he shows to not learn from his mistakes or to do nothing to avoid them. Because everyone knows that Mona is not that type of person who will just ignore things like that, and he should be one of those players to know it better than anyone else.

I don't think he is stupid. Probably he is just too proud of himself to even listen to others. He is not intellectually honest. For his point of view when it's him against everyone else he will be always on the right no matter what, and any punishment will be an injustice to his eyes, losing punishment's purpose.
But maybe a punishment where he is put against himself might make him reflect more. For example he criticized taunts so why not removing them to him? I ask Department of Control and Game Affairs if that can be done.

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”