Reporting player "Taha" aka. "(((POK--Taj))" for making false statements in the Ministry of Game Affairs subforum

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Reporting player "Taha" aka. "(((POK--Taj))" for making false statements in the Ministry of Game Affairs subforum

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The Department of Control and Complains has verified that player "Taha" aka. "(((POK--Taj))" has made false statements in the Ministry of Game Affairs subforum.
He has reported player "Wassertonne" claiming that he broke the TPA - Team Protection Act.

The verification confirmed that messages sent by Taha regarding giving territories from his ally to the enemy were false accusations. Other players who played / observed the game tried to clarify the situation multiple times. Even that didn't stop player Taha from writing a forum report which is accessible here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5481

Topics posted in the "Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community" are publicly visible, and announced as the multiplayer lobby welcome message under "⏳ Active Ministry of Game Affairs Forum Topics". This way player Wassertonne was shown in a negative way for almost 1 week. Player Taha delayed posting the playback file (possibly after noticing his mistake) until was threaten by me about being put to responsibility. He also didn't apologize player Wassertonne for his mistake.

The screenshots from the playback file which are clarifying the situation are available here:
viewtopic.php?p=26589#p26589

The playback chat log is available here:
viewtopic.php?p=26593#p26593

I would like to kindly ask the Department of Justice to verify this case and issue an appropriable punishment from Available punishments that can be issued by the Ministry of Game Affairs.

I'd like to mention one more time that false statements are not welcome in our community, especially in the government subforum. EE2 provides the playbacks / screenshots feature, so players are obligated to check things before they start public accusations. I believe it wouldn't be as serious if it ended up in the game / lobby chat only. Since the case was forwarded to bring the Ministers' attention, we can't simply ignore it.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Matty

Re: Reporting player "Taha" aka. "(((POK--Taj))" for making false statements in the Ministry of Game Affairs subforum

Post by Matty »

I have already seen the main aspects of this case, however I'll need some more time to evaluate the case in a deeper way.
Matty

Re: Reporting player "Taha" aka. "(((POK--Taj))" for making false statements in the Ministry of Game Affairs subforum

Post by Matty »

Ok so... I've just finished to watch the playback.

I think it's pretty clear that Taha was convinced that Wass gave his terrs to Kennet at the beginning, since he wrote about it right away after Kennet claimed the 2 terrs at once. Even the fact that Wass really gave his terrs to Kennet in the very end might have raised up his convinction to such a point that he didn't even check the playback before opening this case. Of course this is a point to Taha's favor because if he had consciously lied about it he would have been in a much worse situation.

On the other hand, accusing players with such superficiality opening a case without even looking at the playback is something people should not do. I would feel very embarassed if I accused anyone of something they have not done. Also, it's not just about Wass accused for nothing, but also about all the other people who waste their time on this case just because a player was too sure of himself.

Anyways... my suggestion is, if Taha hasn't done it already, to apologize to Wass for his false accusations. He is not forced to do that, though. Not sincere apologies mean nothing.
No punishment for this case, but if this had to happen again it would become an issue, and that's why I'd go for a Conditional discontinuance of proceedings.
These users thanked the author Matty for the post:
Dr.MonaLisa
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Even the fact that Wass really gave his terrs to Kennet in the very end might have raised up his convinction to such a point
I missed that part. I stopped watching the playback after I've seen the "terrs war" and then continuous whining about something that didn't happen.

I think that fact saved Taha from a greater punishment. I'm glad the case was forwarded, because I was already planning the "Persona non grata" punishment.

Thanks for solving this case so quickly.

Topic locked as there seem not to be any interest from other players.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”