The toxing quitting of Kiffke needs to stop

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
KennetRP

The toxing quitting of Kiffke needs to stop

Post by KennetRP »

I'm writing this report because I'm sick and tired of player Kiffke quitting shortly after game start for no good reason, wasting everybody's time in the process. Last time he did this he quit 1 second after the round had started and then he left the lobby. This behaviour is NOT OK and needs to stop! It's really annoying, not just for me, but for everybody who joined the match.

Reference: https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/? ... 7643E3F559

Kiffke

Re: The toxing quitting of Kiffke needs to stop

Post by Kiffke »

KennetRP wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 05:14 I'm writing this report because I'm sick and tired of player Kiffke quitting shortly after game start for no good reason, wasting everybody's time in the process. Last time he did this he quit 1 second after the round had started and then he left the lobby. This behaviour is NOT OK and needs to stop! It's really annoying, not just for me, but for everybody who joined the match.

I'm sorry.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello.

Thanks for creating the topic. Discussion on the forum usually brings positive solutions for the whole community.

Department of Control has verified the reliability of this report, and provides the following additional information (based on the past month):

Game ID 600B5D7643E3F559: https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/? ... 7643E3F559
Created: 2021-01-23 00:19:19. Started: 2021-01-23 00:34:51. Time wasted: 15 minutes, 32 seconds.

Game ID 6002125845ACD80B: https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/? ... 5845ACD80B
Created: 2021-01-15 23:08:25. Started: 2021-01-15 23:22:42. Time wasted: 13 minutes 59 seconds.

Game ID 6001EC5545E5A61F: https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/? ... 5545E5A61F
Created: 2021-01-15 20:25:51. Started: 2021-01-15 20:34:55. Time wasted: 9 minutes 4 seconds.

Game ID 5FDE2FF746FD8539: https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/? ... F746FD8539
Created: 2020-12-19 00:54:43. Started: 2020-12-19 01:00:37. Time wasted: 7 minutes 20 seconds.

There are also some games where Kiffke left for no reason, leaving the teammate alone, but it can't be easily listed down.
I've been receiving complains about this behaviour from different players, during the past 1-2 months, but none of them has created a topic where it could be discussed.

There is no law that forbids such behaviour. Kiffke wasn't the host player in any of those games, so it can't be considered as a "toxic host" that would deserve a ban from hosting games for a certain period of time. This could only be considered as "harming the community", which in my opinion is misuse of this term at this stage.
I'd like to make it clear: The Ministry does not appreciate such behaviours, and understands that it wastes time of other players, but interference at this stage would bring more negativities than positives. Since Kiffke isn't hosting those games himself, other host players have the full ability to not welcome him in their game rooms (kick him) when such behaviour with quitting occurs the same or few days earlier. So please keep in minds that kicking players is not illegal if there are reasons for it (like this one).The Ministry usually sides with players who're kicked from games for no reasons (like the case of Batuzay kicking IndieRock with false accusations, disallowing him from playing with a larger group of players), but in cases like this, kicking would be fully understandable.

Now, something from me in a less official form:
Stop fu***ng playing R-R (Random Random) settings. I have no idea how players can enjoy this type of games. In 95% r-r games are unfair due to the civilization. If players have chosen the same civilization before game start, I believe we wouldn't have problems like this. Or at least players should be able to pick the civilization they want before the game start, not being forced to start as "Random" and get something with an useless unique units to face Spahi, Elephants, British Horses or Inca Cannons in higher epochs. I've never been a fan of r-r settings. I think it ruins the playing experience for good players who are losing not due to their skills or strategy, but due to different region / civilization that they didn't even want to play witch. Bad example, but in games like League of Legends you have a possibility to choose the champion you like, even in Random settings you have a possibility to trade champions with other players or use 2 re-rolls. Why in EE2 players are being forced to use Random civilizations? The answer is simple: no-pro players love to win games from time to time, but instead of improving their skills, they count on a luck with civilizations. So my tip is to start playing games with fixed civilizations / epochs. There are so many possibilities for players who like medium pace: bab war, Chinese War, British War, Rome War, and so on. R-R should be played for fun from time-to-time, but not make it a daily routine and the primary settings on this game. Saying that, I'd like to remind that if I'm on my period I can disable Random civilizations on Multiplayer, so better start behaving yourselves.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
KennetRP

Post by KennetRP »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 16:52
There is no law that forbids such behaviour. Kiffke wasn't the host player in any of those games, so it can't be considered as a "toxic host" that would deserve a ban from hosting games for a certain period of time. This could only be considered as "harming the community", which in my opinion is misuse of this term at this stage.
I'd like to make it clear: The Ministry does not appreciate such behaviours, and understands that it wastes time of other players, but interference at this stage would bring more negativities than positives. Since Kiffke isn't hosting those games himself, other host players have the full ability to not welcome him in their game rooms (kick him) when such behaviour with quitting occurs the same or few days earlier. So please keep in minds that kicking players is not illegal if there are reasons for it (like this one).The Ministry usually sides with players who're kicked from games for no reasons (like the case of Batuzay kicking IndieRock with false accusations, disallowing him from playing with a larger group of players), but in cases like this, kicking would be fully understandable.

Now, something from me in a less official form:
Stop fu***ng playing R-R (Random Random) settings. I have no idea how players can enjoy this type of games. In 95% r-r games are unfair due to the civilization. If players have chosen the same civilization before game start, I believe we wouldn't have problems like this. Or at least players should be able to pick the civilization they want before the game start, not being forced to start as "Random" and get something with an useless unique units to face Spahi, Elephants, British Horses or Inka Cannons in higher epochs. I've never been a fan of r-r settings. I think it ruins the playing experience for good players who are losing not due to their skills or strategy, but due to different region / civilization that they didn't even want to play witch. Bad example, but in games like League of Legends you have a possibility to choose the champion you like, even in Random settings you have a possibility to trade champions with other players or use 2 re-rolls. Why in EE2 players are being forced to use Random civilizations? The answer is simple: no-pro players love to win games from time to time, but instead of improving their skills, they count on a luck with civilizations. So my tip is to start playing games with fixed civilizations / epochs. There are so many possibilities for players who like medium pace: bab war, Chinese War, British War, Rome War, and so on. R-R should be played for fun from time-to-time, but not make it a daily routine and the primary settings on this game. Saying that, I'd like to remind that if I'm on my period I can disable Random civilizations on Multiplayer, so better start behaving yourselves.
It came to a point I felt like kicking Kiffke or simply not letting him in my games if I were hosting, but I'm too nice I guess. I generally shy away from conflicts, but this time I felt like I had no choice but to report this behaviour, otherwise he'd continue. I like to be on good terms with everyone, so PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT THIS IN THE FUTURE. No quitting the game unless you're already losing with little to no chance of recovering OR if there's an emergency, in which case I prefer to see a brief message in chat like "sorry, need to leave" or something.

As for Mona's (off-topic) point about random civs and epochs. While she is correct that that certain civs gives an unfair advantage in certain epochs, that doesn't necessarily mean a "no-pro" player knows how to properly play a "lucky civ" if he or she were to get one. Most unique units are expensive to produce (nevermind mass produce), meaning the player requires good skills to keep a sustainable economy in order to use a strong civ to full effect, so I object to this argument that you can't improve skill by playing with random civs and epoch settings. I personally enjoy said settings because sometimes it is a challenge. The only time I quit a game because of random civs was when 2 players on the opposite team had Incas in epoch 11 while my team had no good civs to counter with, but this doesn't happen too often surprisingly. I don't mind a challenge, but 2 Incas in epoch 11 and 2 Turkish/Korean in epoch 1 is overkill though. Neither do I mind playing with fixed civs and epoch, I have played plenty of games that way too during my EE2 multiplayer tenure.

Added after 1 minute 42 seconds:
Kiffke wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 14:19
KennetRP wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 05:14 I'm writing this report because I'm sick and tired of player Kiffke quitting shortly after game start for no good reason, wasting everybody's time in the process. Last time he did this he quit 1 second after the round had started and then he left the lobby. This behaviour is NOT OK and needs to stop! It's really annoying, not just for me, but for everybody who joined the match.

I'm sorry.
Apology accepted. Please read what I wrote in the other post.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Is the case solved, or we call the Department of Justice to escalate it a bit more?

Just kidding. Topic locked in order to be removed from the list of active topics on Lobby login.

If similar situation happens in the future, please let me know so I unlock it.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”