TheKnight reported for a toxic behavior

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
TheKnight

Re: TheKnight is now banned for a toxic behavior

Post by TheKnight »

I'm sorry, but are you an idiot? I wrote so much to say that the problem was only in insults between you and me. And you are again blaming me that I go on whole ee2 community... Am I talking to wall or what?

I will wait for apologies from you side, let's remove this paper stuff, just write everything needful on the forum.

By the way, nice screenshot from the game, where Kennet said some rude thing to me... But those aren't clear insults, those were just emotional words, that were written in one of the game actions, like in attacking. In our games, such phrases you may see in every second game. It's normal and I have to admit your nice try to make our relationships with Kennet worse.

If you, with that sarcastic style, said "LANGUAGE", it doesn't mean anything. When there are really big conversations with rudeness, you mostly do nothing, just putting more gasoline in it and asking people to report each other (you even asked me to report some person, who insulted me in game, but I didn't follow that salty advice of course).

Still waiting opinion of other players.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

TheKnight wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 21:11 I'm sorry, but are you an idiot? I wrote so much to say that the problem was only in insults between you and me. And you are again blaming me that I go on whole ee2 community... Am I talking to wall or what?
The punishment exchange offer is now cancelled. I won't agree with continuous insults like this.
Attacking a person who runs the community is an attack on the community. It's not hard to understand, unless you're the one who you tried to call me.
When there are really big conversations with rudeness, you mostly do nothing, just putting more gasoline in it and asking people to report each other (you even asked me to report some person, who insulted me in game, but I didn't follow that salty advice of course).
You make no sense. Forwarding to the public, transparent reporting system is not adding "more gasoline" to it. It's to prevent lies and demand evidence that as usual you fail to prove.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
KennetRP

Post by KennetRP »

Because my name was invoked in relation to screenshot; Just to clarify, I do not remember what Knight did that game which pissed me off (other than it caused my team to lose), so me writing "fucking Knight" in the chat was just an emotional outburst. As for the other stuff relating Knight's case, it's clear that from what I've seen and read on here, is that Knight has failed (so far) to provide evidence of his accusations, while Mona has provided chat logs and screenshots. With that said, I have no personal ill-will towards Knight.
Matty

Post by Matty »

TheKnight, I don’t consider you a toxic player but you are playing it in the worst possible way.

I had agreed that your punishment changed to full mute rather than ban, before solving the whole case. I know the chat is essential to you but I couldn’t do more than that before solving the case. It’s not like you were going to be full muted forever.

At the beginning I thought you should get unbanned and unmuted, even without the pen and paper punishment, since besides some wrong behaviors of yours, you have also given a good contribution to ee2 and still I am pretty sure you are a funny guy. However your pride is ruining you.

I can understand that, after some of your apologizes, you expected to be unbanned and unmuted right away. It’s not how it generally works here, especially with bans, but I can understand that. But it’s stupid to raise your tones like that because it just makes everything harder. You could say the exact same thing in a much better way. Maybe the pen and paper punishment would have been avoided doing so...

Also, I had asked you a question in my second message with no reply at all. I understand that the decision, in the end, is Mona’s, but the Department of Justice has always had its weight and its primary goal is not to “judge” people but to “help” them realize their mistakes in a more constructive way than simple punishment, which can be highly reduced or completely removed.

I’d like to say many other things, but, at this point, I feel like I’m wasting my time...
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

Here I am,

In part there was also talk of me, and it is my duty to write something relevant. I only introduce myself at this point because the topic is really serious and I wanted to see in what direction it would evolve before expressing my vision of the events that happened. To do this I will have to briefly (I hope) tell you about my short life on EE2 UP 1.5, as the 4 people I "care" most are interested in.

In the summer of 2019 I discovered UP 1.5 from a forum that I opened because I was looking for a method to play EE2 in the 16/9 format and not in the horrible 4/3. I was immediately struck by the exceptional power of this patch and found myself in the multiplayer lobby. It was around 11 in the morning and it was completely uninhabited (as often happens at that time).
I was tempted to give up the idea that there could never really be anyone willing to play, if it weren't for dear and old Prof. No_ob (I don't remember how to spell "shame") who hosted a match that lasted well over 3 hours. , it allowed me to go to lunch and take my breaks. Of course, control of the game was all in his hands (not like now; P). He was the one who introduced me to this type of multiplayer game and I owe most of it to him if I stayed and started working on improving myself and all.

When he left our community I was very sad and angry, with him and Googol we spent a lot of time chatting in the lobby and coming up with new ideas for UP 1.5. I was aware that Prof. No_ob was gone due to Dr. Kay's often heavy behavior (I think there is already a post about him) and it was completely understandable but it made me sick, by now I had new acquaintances and I was met in the lobby but it was no longer that game I had started that summer morning.

My story with her excellence Dr. MonaLisa, started through the support chat and then moved to the forum, I wanted to share the campaign introductions in Italian (since I have both boxes in Italian) and I sent it to her.
Then I saw that he was working on the language changer and that he needed, and still needs, staff to translate UP 1.5 into his native language. I offered to translate it into Italian and after cumbersome file exchanges, and hours and hours spent translating every single element in the most correct and professional way possible, I was able to provide Mona with her copy of the Italian translations of the entire UP 1.5.
It was my way to make myself known, to make my intentions understood and also a way to contribute and "repay" our coder for all the splendid work he does and which is difficult not to appreciate or even hate (although there will certainly be someone but "The world is beautiful because it is varied").
Moving on to Mona as a player, it is always an honor to play with him and he is really very informative and knows how to create good games, however it is evident that sometimes he can prove to be heavy to bear and that with his "tricks" (some call them hacks) can be very annoying. For example being able to write to players in ranked matches (already said and confirmed by Mona himself); or the possibility of blocking the game and providing an OOS (out of sync), I have no proof as I never make a video recording of my games and I do not know if this message is seen in the playback of the game and how reliable it is, however I may no longer have playbacks available because I formatted my SSD and I don't know if I have made backups of it (I recently changed PC); has the possibility to exclude individual players during the course of the game, I repeat that I do not have the proofs, but if this is a serious and sincere discussion, Mona herself (and other players who have had this experience) will be able to confirm it; also the possibility of changing players during the game (which I think happened when the defendant wrote "FUCK MONA" with the wooden walls).
Another trick of his that concerns the lobby instead is the power to change everyone present while he has to say something considered important, no evidence, I don't record games, but maybe I have a copy of a screenshot (it depends if I have the backup or not ), however Mona can confirm this and explain how it works if she likes. But let's get to the point, there is a very special and powerful magic of it, forcing the state to ready. Here, this is really a powerful tool, is it correct to use it? it's wrong? Mona has stated several times and once again here in the discussion that this tool is used when the players are all ready and are waiting for the last player to give their ready to start the game. On the one hand it is a more than noble intent, it allows you to not waste time with players who are absent from the PC without changing their status to "observer" seriously disrespecting all the players who wait motionless in front of their PC for nothing. Obviously the game starts and that player may not actually be ready to play and find himself a game that has started a few minutes ago, so it's a ruined game and you are going to waste even more time and energy, so it was a very senseless solution. There are other methods for which I think are much more effective in these cases, such as the simple "cick" and it solves the problem. Or maybe Mona could do a trick that forces that player to become an observer (but it doesn't matter, it's none of her business). Once again I am not in possession of proof but it has already been talked about and many players can confirm that they have had this type of experience.

I consider these attitudes of his personally acceptable only for the person he is and for what he does for us, he can afford to do it and I accept it and sometimes I exploit it to my advantage. If I don't want to deal with him, I simply ignore him and play where he is not there, it is not necessary to accuse him and ruin his reputation in front of everyone, because as already said it is very serious and damages the credibility of this whole system. In case you don't understand, generally the situation is more than normal, these events happen rarely and I don't think it has ever ruined anyone's gaming experience.

The time has come to talk about my experiences with TheKnight.

He is certainly a very sociable person and with great joy and passion he welcomes new players as well as “old” ones. I have always found a great welcome from him and good support to improve my playing qualities. I often play with him listening to a Russian radio that plays Italian songs and we like to joke about this even during the match (even if in opposing teams). Do we need evidence? I would have to go through an infinite number of files to find such conversations, while here there may be witnesses (or maybe not because you don't notice when two people talk about something you don't know what it is and you don't care) but I don't think it matters that much , I only say this because we get along well with him and I like to spend my time in a pleasant way when I play with him. He is not an "angel", as it is fashionable not to define people here, he never accepts a defeat, there is always an external factor that makes him lose, it is never his fault even when it is evident that he played really badly, and yes! often happens to you too! and this attitude of denying his mistakes is what brought him here and is helping him dig his own grave, deeper and deeper.

This attitude of his is jokingly defined as "mimimimi", as a kind of child who whines and does not want to hear what others have to tell him.

I elaborated this thought along with the last "important" character who is directly interested in this matter: Googol, or lindieRock00 (note the "l" and not the "I"), or ((((COLM ~~ WiIp)) )), ((((COLM-googol)))) (I don't remember how to write it), in short, a very playful character, who enjoys making fun of and joking with anyone (do you want proof of all these accounts? I have a screenshot of his names, however you can see him when he is online and in any case this is also a well known thing for those who have played in the last months, I also joke with these accounts with him but I do not think it is so serious and no one has e-mail complained ). In a very short time googol has become more capable than many established players in the game (possibly annoying someone).
The fact is that he took me into his custody to teach me to play better and improve my game tactics and I think he is doing a really good job (thanks) so much so that I managed to play a 30 min match against Mona, which it's not for everyone (but this is a bit off topic).

Ultimately I really enjoy a good relationship with these 4 people. Unfortunately they do not get along as well with each other, in particular Vlady has a tendency to no longer be appreciated in certain conditions of constant defeat in the game.
It is still not clear to me if these diatribes are triggered only by the pride of TheKnight or other, I would really like to find out.

Let's move on to some facts: Dr. No_ob left ee2 mostly for kay, not vlady, as he himself stated during a lobby / game conversation. No, I have no proof, however we still lack his testimony (which may have come as I write this endless message).
On the fact that Googol had left ee2 I must admit that I did not know anything about it, yes, for a long time I did not see it but I was also busy elsewhere and I did not pay much attention to it also because it is not strange that a player is absent for some time. I then found out here, thanks to Mona's post that there was a clash between Googol and Vlady that is still not entirely clear to me.

Writing to googol I slowly convinced him to resume training and play again and so it was.
Discussing together about the fact that we missed Prof. No_ob / Dr.obs, one day I decided to ask Mona if she could write him a simple message from me "indie rock would like you to come back to ee2" and after a few day here is a silent Gno_oty (what a joy!).
Meanwhile my relationship with Vlady had grown, so much so that I asked him if I could become a member of <<TOP>> and so I started training with him. Googol didn't like this (does he feel betrayed, offended? I don't know and I'm sorry that I can't do what I want) and their hearts have been even more heated! Sometimes I have received proposals from Googol to intentionally anger and provoke TheKnight, I a bit dragged and with little determination I accepted but never really gave him a rope because after all Vlady never did me anything wrong, on the contrary, I feel good with him. So when Vlady thought that even googol hit the mark with all this, he saw it well, albeit in the absence of evidence as Mona does not hesitate to point out. Gno_oty, on the other hand, always remains on neutrality, has a few laughs and some sarcastic jokes, but she has never offended anyone, I find her a very correct person.

Mona I fear is guilty of an abuse of power (not necessarily negative, it can prove useful) which is generally accepted because all of this exists thanks to him and therefore for me too it is not a big deal (evidence or no evidence, this is mine thought and should not be challenged), in fact every now and then he also enjoys provoking the players and this is what happened with TheKnight, who, unable to swallow the pill, reacts and responds in kind, as he still does in the post with arguments heavy and that, in fact, are not acceptable directed towards the authority that represents MonaLisa.

I would love to see this story finish in the shortest possible time and that we all come out a little better, here I ask TheKnight to put aside your pride, and that you can't always say everything that goes through your head , and then apologize for the things you are accused of and understand Mona's point of view, and ask Mona to step back and give back the opportunity to apologize using pen and paper.
It is not for me to decide and propose solutions to this problem, however it is evident that Mona's arguments are much more solid and provide a basis of evidence. I am convinced that the accusations against Vlady are heavy and perhaps exaggerated, but his attitude towards the most important position of ee2 is really disrespectful and unacceptable that he should be punished for it. Also I would like to see this discussion resolved in the best possible way and to be able to see TheKnight again in the lobby welcoming new players and not, all in all I think it is a very positive element within our community, far from toxic. Unfortunately in this post he is proving the worst of himself.

It's a long post and I certainly omitted details and events, please let me know and I will integrate.

I have not intentionally attached any evidence or files, or photos of conversations as I would not want you to focus on me, my post aims to frame the situation and express my opinions and my vision of the facts. take them as such.

I'm sorry I wrote so much but it was necessary to make my thoughts understand from my point of view.
I hope that no one feels offended / betrayed etc. by me, this is just what I feel compelled to say in respect of everyone and what this place and institution represents.

Sincerely, IndieRock00.
Long life and prosperity. 🖖
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Nice post IndieRock00, but I'm surprised that some things are understood as the "tricking" or "hacking".
For example being able to write to players in ranked matches (already said and confirmed by Mona himself);
Being able to write in rated games was possible for long months, for everyone. It has been disabled due to help from others players. Since it was hard to control, we decided that it should be disabled in rated games, so nobody can request rating refunds.
Obviously I can still do it when I want, because I AM SURE THAT I WON'T HELP in a rated game. Sending a taunt or asking a question from OBS during game is not forbidden. This is totally pointless to even mention or discuss those things. How was most of stuff in EE2 changed? By f****ng testing. If I observe players reaction regarding messages in rated games, I know if it should be re-enabled for everyone in rated games or not. It's simple.
possibility of blocking the game and providing an OOS (out of sync)
I'm usually observing game under a debugger program. It happened only 2 times during the last year, that I tweaked some value that caused the lost synchronization. The other time, OOS was issued by me to prevent points lose in a rated game, where a player was disconnected (for surprise it was TheKnight), and a game for 1 team was unfair. This way I saved time and didn't need to spend long minutes reverting rating by manual database modification. So yeah? Such a big crime that when I see problem going, trying to fix it in the easiest possible method?
has the possibility to exclude individual players during the course of the game, I repeat that I do not have the proofs, but if this is a serious and sincere discussion, Mona herself (and other players who have had this experience) will be able to confirm it;
This is a serious accusation. Do you claim that I am able to disconnect players during a multiplayer match?
1. I'm almost never hosting a game to be able to firewall certain users.
2. EE2 is a peer-to-peer game, where players have a direct connection with each other. This is why joining problems are so common.
3. How the f**k can I decide about Internet connection problems of a certain player with another player? It makes a total nonsense for a p2p game.
4. I heard accusations like this few times, and who they come from? From players who lose connection with, or without me logged in, multiple times per day. But then, when this 1 game I'm observing, it's obviously my fault!

I'm disgusted that I even have to respond to accusations like this. In my opinion, when there is no technical proof, or eventually chat logs, it should not be written public.
also the possibility of changing players during the game (which I think happened when the defendant wrote "FUCK MONA" with the wooden walls).
No, as explained in the previous posts, the wooden wall and insults were for the "forced ready".

Talking about switching players is a big hypocrisy from you:

https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157009
— Added new hotkeys for players who like to cheat or city-build (available in Singleplayer mode only):
* CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + (W, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0) = Switch the active player to player World or Slots 1-10.
— Added a new option to UP1.5 Settings: "I suffer epileptic seizures (neurological disorder)":
https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157040
— Fixed an issue where Multiplayer game Observers could use nicknames of different players (without their colors) when used the "Switch the active player to player" hotkeys: CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + (W, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0). It was caused by the new workaround for displaying correct nicknames in game playbacks, added in update 157038. Observers are able to "switch players" in unrated games, to view their amount of resources, fog of war, explored technologies, etc. This is a Server-controlled feature that might be disabled at any time for all or selected (abusive) players.
https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157041
— Using the "Switch the active player to player" hotkey will not longer store the nickname of the different player in the chat messages history, in the playback file. There was a fix for this issue in update 157040, but only worked during the active game, now it should be fine when watching game recordings.
EVERYONE IS ABLE TO USE THIS FEATURE THANKS TO ME. And I'm sure you used it yourself.
Now, why do I switch during normal games? Imagine, that Observers, after switching a player could control their units, send resources or other things like this.
I'm using those things to test security patches that made this function available for all observer players.
WEHN CAN I TEST IT, IF NOT DURING GAMES? If I had bad intentions why the fuck would I add fixes for this thing with updates?

If you guys really have problems that I AM STILL IMPROVING THE GAME, and testing it, we can remove all features like this and enjoy EE2 as it was in the past. I have no problem with that, it will save a lot of my time.
Another trick of his that concerns the lobby instead is the power to change everyone present while he has to say something considered important, no evidence, I don't record games
This is getting ridiculous, really. Since February 2020, when taunts were added, I had to program a totally new anti-spam filter, that saves the translation bot (so it doesn't get blocked by google by too many requests), prevents taunts / same messages spam, etc. In case of a spam attack, the Administrator has now the power of disabling the Chat.
If I program something, I HAVE TO TEST IT SOME DAY. I used it literally 1 time, to see if it works. I did put a "joke" reason in the feedback message "Dr.MonaLisa is giving a speech, please wait until she finishes", or something like this. Everyone with IQ over 20 will understand that it's a joke reason, and the time when messages were disabled was a test. Obviously tests can happen at the suitable time (like when I really want to tell something and being listened), but for god's sake, those things are all powered by me. You know, the other unofficial Multiplayer servers have sometimes shutdown times longer than 1 week. EE2.eu for the last 5 years had NOT A SINGLE SHUTDOWN. I wasted hours programming and testing auto-restarts, including problems reporting in automated Support Chat message. Operating System (Linux) updates sometimes require server restarts, but those restarts never take longer than 2 minutes.
So seriously, you guys have the most stable multiplayer availability from all available games, and yet dare to complain about 1 minute when the chat service was disabled? Like what the hell.

But let's get to the point, there is a very special and powerful magic of it, forcing the state to ready. Here, this is really a powerful tool, is it correct to use it? it's wrong? Mona has stated several times and once again here in the discussion that this tool is used when the players are all ready and are waiting for the last player to give their ready to start the game. On the one hand it is a more than noble intent, it allows you to not waste time with players who are absent from the PC without changing their status to "observer" seriously disrespecting all the players who wait motionless in front of their PC for nothing. Obviously the game starts and that player may not actually be ready to play and find himself a game that has started a few minutes ago, so it's a ruined game and you are going to waste even more time and energy, so it was a very senseless solution.
And again. When the auto-ready-countdown function become available? 1-2 months ago. What I'm doing now? TESTING. TESTING ESPECIALLY TO SEE PSYCHOLOGICAL PLAYER'S REACTION. This feature was scheduled to be automated, on every host request, THIS IS WHY I AM FU***G TESTING IT RECENTLY. So mentioning this stuff to show as something negative from me is just ridiculous.

Besides that, it's a good idea to start discussion about the potential avaibility of this option.
In my opinion, players want to rather start a game, and enjoy 15 minutes of building, than wait in a room, stare on the monitor and spam stupid audio taunts. Players who leave computers without changing their status to Observer are very disrespectful towards all the people that are waiting. I theoretically could waste few weeks trying to implement the player-status-change feature, but after all this shit I read, and how negatively my tests are understood by players, it's not worth to waste any more minute on Multiplayer improvements.
The fact is that he took me into his custody to teach me to play better and improve my game tactics and I think he is doing a really good job (thanks) so much so that I managed to play a 30 min match against Mona, which it's not for everyone (but this is a bit off topic).
You play against me as long as I plan it, before the game even starts. Failing to win with a rush against 3-terrs/0 mili buildings boom on med pace, is not a reason to be happy, even when it took 30 mins. I'm not saying you're a bad player, but 30 minutes is not a reason to be happy, because it means nothing as long as the game goes as the opponent planned.

Anyway, thanks for your post.
I'm not angry, even if it sounds this way. It's just hard to stay calm, when positive things (testing, improving, improving security) is considered as "POWER ABUSE" from me. After all, the Minor Updates change log proves everything.
And no, I'm not going to test things alone, using virtual machines. It's much easier to test features LIVE, on the active players. If someone disagrees with this method of development, then GameRanger or some other LAN program would be very happy to take care of them.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

Give me a short answer without taking up all the points one by one.
I realize that I have not been sufficiently precise in the description of the "tricks", I do not know what to call them, it is not my intention to use negative, derogatory adjectives .. Can we call them aids? It does not matter, regarding the change of player I meant that you have the possibility of being able to remove a player, you say that it is not possible and you also explain why, however I remember that in a game you said that you could do it but that it is a long and cumbersome job, to this point I doubt that you were joking, if so I do not really understand. Regarding forcing the state of readiness I did not refer to your "boar .. boar .. boar .." I know absolutely that they are tests etc. I am referring to the fact that you can force the ready state independently of this last function you are testing, also because you have been doing it for some time.

You said that all these things that only you can do are the tools you need to monitor the game and do your own things that do not concern us directly and I absolutely agree that it is a good method and I don't see why it cannot , however sometimes it seems to me that these have been used for "play" / "fun" but that's not the point. I wrote that list to explain my point of view and my feelings, of course, in hindsight, now I know I'm not really what I thought but I only know now and not before. So by expressing my overall vision I can give a tool to the department to be able to understand TheKnight's behavior and reactions as fully as possible. probably all this was born from the incomprehension and ignorance of the various aspects.
You are not the object in discussion but rather Vlady's behavior, so I open your answers and I'm interested in learning more about the subject but I don't think this is the right place. However, I said that in my opinion everything you do is more than accepted and allowed regardless of what your real intentions are.
We can see how I misinterpreted your behavior, could the same have happened with vlady? Maybe he was just agitated and didn't use the right words to express his thoughts? and then it led you to think it's a UP 1.5 hater and all?

Regarding the abuse of power I do not know how to express myself and I wrote it like this even if it is not the correct way to say the concept, I hope you can understand what I am talking about.

Ultimately I think this argument should judge behavior on the basis of what one knows and believes is true at the time. Now, after your exhaustive explanations, I feel partly wrong too but I don't think we should discuss too much about who does what and why and so on, but focus precisely on what the underlying problem is and what a possible solution could be.

I wouldn't want to just focus on that list I wrote, but to pay attention to everything else as well, especially my thoughts on TheKnight.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

It does not matter, regarding the change of player I meant that you have the possibility of being able to remove a player, you say that it is not possible and you also explain why, however I remember that in a game you said that you could do it but that it is a long and cumbersome job, to this point I doubt that you were joking, if so I do not really understand.
What are you talking about now? Removing Multiplayer accounts, or kicking someone from the active game?
I did not refer to your "boar .. boar .. boar .." I know absolutely that they are tests etc. I am referring to the fact that you can force the ready state independently of this last function you are testing, also because you have been doing it for some time.
Maybe this is how things work? First I discovered and implemented the Force Observers method, then manually used for the other players. Finally, recent months there is a countdown, and future? Who knows, maybe automated force based on time the host is waiting for a player? This is how things are being developed, so why would you still find it as something negative? Are you sure this is what you think about it, not SOMEONE trying to convince you against me witch those stupid arguments?
however sometimes it seems to me that these have been used for "play" / "fun" but that's not the point.
Because tests are done the best when there is a fun of doing them. It's hard to expect a full professionalism from me, if it's not a work that I'm getting paid from. Still, there is not a single proof that I ruined a game. I am not very invasive with those tests, nor don't make them all the time...
You can't also forget that the KeepAlive script needs frequent updates (it's the thing that controls all the online features by editing RAM of EE2 on players computers). So even, when you find something as done on purpose, it might be actually be done for a serious reason. Especially after 1.5.8, when we gather new information from the new DLL, KeepAlive required tests and fixes.
This is for example a reason of the quick Hotfix update:
https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#158001
— Addressed an issue where users could send requests to the KeepAlive server every 4 seconds. At some point, UP15_GameHelper.dll was unable to release a mutex, so UP1.5 Launcher was continuously re-sending all the updated data to the Server. It now has been replaced by the boost::interprocess::named_mutex functions which work without issues.
— Addressed an issue where UP1.5 Launcher KeepAlive thread was not cleaning (freeing) the post form, and adding updated data (from the new DLL) endlessly. On the Server side it was giving an error "PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000", and players status could not be updated, so the last change: "Players who resign a multiplayer game and become observers will now have the same Observers Features" was not working for players who spent over 3 hours (maybe less) in game.
We can see how I misinterpreted your behavior, could the same have happened with vlady? Maybe he was just agitated and didn't use the right words to express his thoughts? and then it led you to think it's a UP 1.5 hater and all?
If I remember correctly, you actually read changes log from time to time. TheKnight announced multiple times public (in the Lobby) that he is not reading it, and that "nobody cares", which I found extremely disrespectful. So if someone fails to read what was done, but has a big mouth to critic the tests / tricks / "aids" as you said, then has no understanding from my side regarding this case.
Ultimately I think this argument should judge behavior on the basis of what one knows and believes is true at the time. Now, after your exhaustive explanations, I feel partly wrong too but I don't think we should discuss too much about who does what and why and so on, but focus precisely on what the underlying problem is and what a possible solution could be.
If something is bring up, there is no other choice for me than answer it deeply, not to leave any doubts. Leaving things listed the way you done, would only bring another suspicions, misunderstandings and even possible fear from new players.

Regarding TheKnight. I think nobody can help him better than himself.
As a reward of removing the ban, he came with calling me an "idiot", "talking to a wall". Now, someone else expects to allow me to resume the punishment exchange method? He has to ask it. After that last message there is no other possibility than finishing the punishment and moving on.

Once again, there will be no step back from me. I prefer to lose an active player, than accept being thrown with shit so many times as it was done in this topic (and before).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

I totally agree with you. Now the big picture of the situation is much clearer. I have always felt safe and now I still feel thankful to your explanations on your way of working and testing, before I thought they were just things you use to have fun ("tricks") now I understand that it is all 'other. I'm sorry I thought wrong about your behavior. It must be admitted that I could not be the only one to have thought wrong unfairly. I hope that the knight also made a mistaken reasoning like mine. There is something I can do to fix what I said do not hesitate to tell me, I will do it with pleasure.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi IndieRock00.

I have a proof that your suspicions here, are wrong:
Those are screenshots (or rather photos of the monitor) from 28.10.2020. Long before the ban:
IMG-20201122-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20201122-WA0005.jpg (225.34 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
IMG-20201122-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20201122-WA0004.jpg (223.68 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
It's clearly visible that he accuses me of cheating in games, in order to win. He tried to manipulate facts in this topic, giving weird examples, but at the end he simply accuses of glitching.

I have got a YouTube channel, with many "hard" games posted.
Every game playback can be checked to see if something is wrong or not.

After all this, he accuses me of cheating, without showing any proof. When new players see "Maybe, Maybe", they don't care. They seen the bullshit in his message and intentionally or not, it might stuck in their minds.
And all this because he has the "rights to discuss"? No, thanks. It's not longer going to be the case on my own Servers.

Oh, one more thing. The fact that I have received those screenshots TODAY, shows the Gnooty's statement in this case.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”