Report concerning user sabotaging his allies during team game

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
Tedere

Report concerning user sabotaging his allies during team game

Post by Tedere »

user in question is IMP.GOKTURK.
It has come to my attention that this user might have been on purpose trying to sabotage his allies when his "friends" are in the enemy team.
I have attached two recorded files.
Here is some activities that cause my suspicions:
-user is not interacting with enemies, trying not to attack or defend his allies as much as he can, you can even see him walling himself out in the first recorded game
-in the second game user builds universities on his ally's territories, hence not letting him age up
-despite being next to his enemy JackSparrow, he refrains from attacking him, and so does his enemy JackSparrow
-he deletes all his military infrastructure at some point
-he resigns in the middle of the game despite being in a winning position after having a massive epoch advantage

I do not think this behavior is caused by inexperience of the user. If possible, it would also be beneficial to check the room chat before the game was started.
Thank you
Attachments
Report1.e2s
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Report2.e2s
(6.18 MiB) Downloaded 155 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Report concerning user sabotaging his allies during team game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you for your report. It is very helpful in keeping the community safe and friendly for all players.

The described behavior seems to break the law described in Gov. Act II: TPA - Team Protection Act.
$2.3 Players on the same team must not deny help. Exception: if you are being attacked or if your help is going to cause trouble for your civilization.
$2.4 Players on the same team must not do harmful spy maneuvers on an ally building.
While $2.3 isn't punishable, $2.4 is:
$2.9 For breaking the rule described in $2.4, $2.5, $2.6, $2.7 - the ally that was "hurt" in the game, can report the terrorist act to the Ministry Of Game Affairs of The Empire Earth II Community. The Department of Control and the Department of Justice will check this case. You'll need to prove your pleading, please read: $2.10 for more information.

The Gov. Act III: UP1.5 - Unofficial Patch 1.5 Act which must be accepted during UP1.5 installation, and is visible on the official download page clearly says:
a) Every player who install Unofficial Patch 1.5 accepts the rules described in this Act and the other Government Acts / Rules.

$3.7 Information about ban reasons and the people who are able to ban accounts (with reference to $3.6):
c) For breaking a government rule, the Ministry of Game Affairs will discuss about potential ban for the player who broke it.  
d) The rules of fair-play are described in the other Empire Earth II Government Acts and Agreements (you can read them by visiting the New Empire Earth II Government subforum).
There is no excuse that somebody was not informed about the existing Acts, and this argument would rather be negative for the length of the punishment.

The attached playbacks have not been checked yet. The Department of Control will verify them later to prepare diagnosis for the Department of Justice.
This post has been created to confirm that this case was accepted and is currently being processed.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.

I've finished reviewing the reports.

Some screenshots:
Report1
EE2_ScreenShot721.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot721.jpg (397.67 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot723.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot723.jpg (408.99 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot726.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot726.jpg (443.72 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot728.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot728.jpg (423.48 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Summary: In the first playback he played bad, but generally used his bad-type army to attack enemy's economy.
Report2
EE2_ScreenShot731.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot731.jpg (343.05 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot732.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot732.jpg (406.27 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot735.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot735.jpg (390.43 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot736.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot736.jpg (401.39 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot737.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot737.jpg (401.89 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot738.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot738.jpg (426.19 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot739.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot739.jpg (413.42 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
EE2_ScreenShot740.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot740.jpg (412.94 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Second game clearly shows bad intentions towards his team.
1. Failed rush, because he decided to not move his army at start.
2. Not attacking closest enemy (his friend)?
3. Traveling across the whole map just to not attack his friend.
4. Building universities on an ally territory to slow down his epoch advancing.
5. Quitting game, while being in epoch 15, with many helicopters produced.

Unfortunately, I misunderstood some things in this report. Based on our Discord discussion:
if it's worth reporting someone for sabotaging your team as an ally
I somehow thought he used spies to sabotage buildings. I know it's not in the quoted message, but later discussion about universities made me think that spies were used on an ally building.

Unfortunately, $2.3 of TPA is not listed in $2.9. Therefore, the punishment from the Ministry side is not possible (at least not based on the TPA Act).
Is it possible that he broke any other rule from $2.4 - $2.7? Maybe you've got some playback where he sends his army to the enemy?

I still hope that this case can be somehow solved with a bit of cruelty. Generally, I could use Gov. Act III: UP1.5 - Unofficial Patch 1.5 Act:
a) The creator of Unofficial Patch 1.5 (Dr.MonaLisa) has full rights to ban the account if any player offend them for no reason or if they decide that the player's behavior harms the Empire Earth II community.
Because such behavior harms the multiplayer community. However, I think that would be a bit too much. Not a power power abuse, because I would follow the accepted rules, but I would just feel not fair to myself. This is too minor thing to take an action from the "creator" law, instead of Departments.

This case has now been forwarded to the Department of Justice, which generally can punish players based on the individual interpretation.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Matty

Post by Matty »

Hello,
Generally I'd expect that this sort of things were to be solved in the lobby, simply not playing with this guy in team anymore. Throrically if all players did in this way, this behaviour would be punished right away. But I guess there are some dynamics that don't come up to my mind and a report might be needed.

Thank you Tedere for your full report, providing playbacks and all.
As already stated, he cannot be banned but, since this behaviour harms Ee2 community, something has to be done. And that something is a "new entry" punishment, which consists on having a description on his account reporting the recent warning for "helping the enemy team". In this way not only it will be reminded the risk of playing in his same team, but it will be also helpful to players who don't know this behaviour of him.
Last edited by Matty on 27 May 2020, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Tedere

Post by Tedere »

Thank you both for the quick replies and resolving the report.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks to the Department of Justice for a fast decision!

As requested, player "IMP.GOKTURK" has received a warning, and their Multiplayer accounts now have the following description:
✘ WARNING: This player has received a warning for assisting enemy team. Please consider that they might sabotage your team or deny to help.

Please feel free to report further incidents of this player in this topic. It remains open, so in the future, the Department of Justice might decide to remove the warning (and description), when reporter player's behavior improves.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

Hi, as "victim" of the behavior of the player in question I feel I have to say my thoughts.

Referring to "Report2.e2s" I also noticed an uncooperative attitude towards the team.
I think it is a bad attitude and that if there are problems of this type we must discuss it before starting the game, otherwise what is the point of playing ?!

I personally believe that the warning is a just sentence and I hope it can resolve the issue.

I thank Tedere for creating the discussion and I thank the Justice Department.
Long life and prosperity. 🖖

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”