Empire Earth II doesn't work correctly with NVIDIA ver. 337.88 and 340.43 drivers

New EE2 Government (since: 01.03.2014), everything about the EE2 management. You can report other players here.
shai

Re: Empire Earth II doesn't work correctly with NVIDIA ver. 337.88 and 340.43 drivers

Post by shai »

OK , installed those drivers. didn't help. At the point I had no functional Intel HD driver, when I run the game "Microsoft basic display adapter" was listed. If the is no simple solution, I think i will make do with things the way the are.

thanks a lot for your help.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Empire Earth II doesn't work correctly with NVIDIA ver. 337.88 and 340.43 drivers

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

If "Microsoft basic display adapter" was listen, then Intel HD drivers weren't installed correctly.
Try to install the newest Intel HD drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3720&ProdId=3720

If it doesn't help - try to disable Intel HD Graphics card. (In Device manager go to Display Adapters, then right click on the "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" and select "Disable" from the list).

If you can, please edit file "UnofficialVersionConfig.txt", and change StatisticsModName="Official" to something different, like: StatisticsModName="Official_shai". Thanks to that I'll be able to identify unofficial patch 1.5 logs from you. Maybe it will help to identify issue.

As the last try - go to the folder where EE2 is installed (by default it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Empire Earth II"), right mouse click on EE2.exe (or EE2X.exe), and select: Run with graphics processor -> High-performance NVIDIA processor:

I really hope you'll solve this problem somehow, because with Intel HD Empire Earth II is very laggy, and almost unplayable when there are many units in game Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

@shai, and everybody else who can use only integrated graphics card (Intel HD) in Empire Earth II.
I added a fix for this problem, by adding DirectX 9 support for Empire Earth II.
Please install Unofficial Patch 1.5 from this link: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1723-ee2-1.5
After that please start "UP1.5 Settings" by clicking on the button in the Launcher window. Then check option "Enable DirectX 9", and install required SDKs.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Ministry of Game Affairs of the Empire Earth II Community”