In February 2020, when the taunts system was created, I've added the "no_rules" and "yes_rules" audio, to make it easier to signal host's decision.
The "yes_rules" taunt reads the following: "Rules: no spies, no nukes, no rams, no scout rush".
Earlier, in December 2018 a possibility to start game without the first scout was added:
[157003 - 2018-12-11 - Type: Feature Update]:
— Added new "Starting Forces" -> "Basic" Citizens options: 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100 with "no Scout" suffix.
* It allows you to start a game without the first Scout which was used for the abusive "Scout Glitch" in Multiplayer games.
* The player who hosts the Multiplayer game can now choose if "Scout Glitch" is allowed in his game by selecting the "no Scout" Basic Citizens option.
[157004 - 2019-01-10 - Type: Monthly Update]:
* Added an information if the "Scout Glitch" is allowed/legal or forbidden/illegal to the "Welcome Message" in Multiplayer Games. It depends if "Starting Forces" -> "Basic" citizens option has "no Scout" suffix selected by the host.
There recently were some misunderstandings regarding 1 scout use, when the scout was enabled on game start.
Theoretically, the "no scout rush" rule would disallow the first scout from being used to attack enemies. However, the Welcome Message that has priority over game rules - allows the scout glitch / scout trick, so possibly all of the scout actions should be considered as it.
I decided to create this topic to have some greater discussion, before we actually get some player report and won't know what decision to make.
My personal opinion on it, is the following:
- If scout is enabled:
* No_rules: It's allowed to attack with the first and all other scouts.
* Yes_rules: The first scout can be used to rush the enemy, but no more than 1 (this can be annoying in epochs 13+ where scouts have a range attack ability).
- If scout is disabled ("no scout" option in "Starting Forces" -> "Basic" Citizens):
* No_rules: it's illegal to produce a scout / scouts on game start to attack the enemy. It's also illegal to attempt to block enemy's buildings using the "scout trick". It is however still allowed to produce scouts for exploration purposes.
* Yes_rules: Same as above.
Please let me know what you guys think about it.