Power Plants?

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Empire_Infiniti

Power Plants?

Post by Empire_Infiniti »

I'm thinking of more things to manage that could be added to the game, like power plants, power lines electricity. Adding features from simcity (I like sc4) like water and trains

I'm just imagining a more immerseve game with more city management features.

Is that out of the scope of EE1.5?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Power Plants?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.

Unfortunately, such economic additions are not planned. Adding the railways / electricity lines is not possible with the modding system in EE2.

From what I remember, the Power Plans and dozens of other economic buildings are already available in the other EE2 mods, for example the "Realistic Mod" and "EE4 mod". You can use the Developers Version of UP1.5 on them: https://ee2.eu/patch/developers
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
PaulStretch

Re: Power Plants?

Post by PaulStretch »

I've been testing a power plant system that uses a type of wall unit as the base for the power lines (you can drag and drop power lines). The method I came up with uses the infect effect to carry the production bonus from power plants along power lines, to substations, to any building with the territory that substation is built in. Aside from looking cool the main benefit to using power lines to transfer a production bonus across multiple territories, is only having to build one power plant rather than one per territory. Trains are a little difficult. It's technically possible to build a train unit that can only travel on roads with a railroad texture, but there are two problems (a) you have to make sure only trains can travel on "Roads", and (b) there is no way to make a long articulated unit with multiple cars. It would either just be a singe locomotive, or be a long unit that doesn't bend around corners. If you noticed, the 18 wheeler merchant unit in 1.5 isn't articulated between the cab and trailer. There doesn't seem to be any way of doing this in the game. So trains are probably out of the question.

Added after 6 minutes 57 seconds:
As an aside, I've considered creating a tram unit for my mod, which would be easy enough the problem is for the sake of realism I'd need to somehow make a two road types. One that trams and wheeled units can use, and one that only wheeled units can use. You can't add additional movement types to the game, so a tram would just be an aesthetic variation to a bus.

Return to “Questions”