Aircraft Trade

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
PaulStretch

Aircraft Trade

Post by PaulStretch »

So when I've played EE2 1.5 I noticed you implemented aircraft trading vehicles. I thought it was odd though that they were helicopters and not airplanes. I figured out why. Applying a trade attribute to an aircraft causes the game to crash when you select the aircraft unit, and making a trade helicopter with can hover = 0 makes it unable to enter markets, even through it's still running a trade route. I'm guessing you've already dealt with this, and there isn't a way to make trade airplanes. On a side note, if can hover works the way I think it does, It's interesting how much one little boolean is controlling here.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Aircraft Trade

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

It was a long time ago when I was adding new units to the game, so I don't remember all details. Also due to the low experience I could miss some things before.

I think it might be related to the Market's garrison possibilities. You could try to allow Markets to garrison air units and see if it works. Or you could add the trading possibility directly to the Airport.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
These users thanked the author Dr.MonaLisa for the post:
PaulStretch
PaulStretch

Post by PaulStretch »

I tried both. It doesn't seem to matter what a market's garrison abilities are, in fact there I realized buildings can't simultaneously garrison units, and have trade. I tried adding the trade ability to airports, but the game seemed to ignore the trade ability if a building is an airport. I'll keep trying, because it would be really cool to have 747s taking off a flying around the map to other airports. I also thought about adding the pentagon's "rapid Deployment" ability to airports to give them more of a strategic value, but I have to look more into that to see if it would work the way I want it to.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Yes, I remember I initially wanted the Air Trade Routes :( Please let me know if you find a solution. I might add it to the "International Airport" City Builder building then.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
PaulStretch

Post by PaulStretch »

I'll let you know if I figure something out

Return to “Questions”