Tundra climate not working on skirmish on EE4 9.8

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Gonzalo

Tundra climate not working on skirmish on EE4 9.8

Post by Gonzalo »

Hi, in older version of EE4 I had 10 climates: temperate, arid, tropical, savannah, mediterranean, steppe, prairie, jungle, hindi and tundra. Now I am trying to adapt just tundra climate to latest version of Empire Earth 4 by RGV1 and it works fine on the editor scenarios, but the game crashes when loading on skirmish. I have tried to alter the sounds code and to create hill meadow texture for tundra, but whichsoever texture I add as hill meadow, it appears white on the map. Perhaps the issue is to delete hill meadow on dbclimate.ddf, but I don't know whether this single texture is important so my climate works fine on skirmish or not. Any help as always will be appreciated.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Tundra climate not working on skirmish on EE4 9.8

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I remember you had exactly the same issues and then solved it yourself? viewtopic.php?p=26175#p26175

You're trying to import Tundra from where? Your old backup, or the normal version of UP1.5?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Thanks for help, but the issue is not the same now. I solved issue with Tundra climate, but am now having trouble with Savannah. Yes, I am importing files from my old mod. Thank you!
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

All new climates I've created work fine, but Savannah. I have checked and it crashes skirmish game even in my former mods. I think the climate is badly created from the beginning. Something is wrong. I am checking file by file of code in order to see what is wrong. I'll post the result of my researchs here. Anyway any hint would be appreciated.

Added after 45 minutes 29 seconds:
Problem solved, just an extra texture I had added to Savannah climate and I had forgotten about...

Return to “Questions”