Empire Earth market

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Cory1985

Empire Earth market

Post by Cory1985 »

Hi Everyone,

thanks for all the help with my previous questions.

Does anyone know where I can find the Market Trade file for the game? Like in the game when you wood at the market the price goes up and when you sell it , it goes down. In AOE2 the market is universal , which means you buying and selling influences the other players market prices.

I am wondering if the games market properties can be adjusted ?
I have looked in AIP files and cant find anything regarding the market.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Empire Earth market

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I found these configuration values in the executable:

Code: Select all

006275CE  PUSH 00CD69CC                            ASCII "s_economyManagerDefaultPurchasePrice"
006275EE  PUSH 00CD6A24                            ASCII "s_economyManagerDefaultSalePrice"
0062760E  PUSH 00CD6A48                            ASCII "s_economyManagerDefaultInflationRate"
0062762E  PUSH 00CD6A70                            ASCII "s_economyManagerDefaultDeflationRate"
0062764E  PUSH 00CD6A98                            ASCII "s_economyManagerMinimumPrice"
00627671  PUSH 00CD6AB8                            ASCII "s_economyManagerMaximumPrice"
I suppose "s_economyManagerMinimumPrice" and "s_economyManagerMaximumPrice" is what you're looking for.

This should be placed to file "myconfig.cfg" (EE2) or "myconfig_EE2X.cfg" (EE2: AOS).

If it doesn't work, then you would need to use Unofficial Patch 1.5's config files:
"myconfig_sim.cfg" (EE2) or "myconfig_sim_EE2X.cfg".

Editing the _sim.cfg files will make it impossible for you to play with the other players on Multiplayer (checksum mismatch). Also, your changes will be overwritten after installing every Minor Update of Unofficial Patch 1.5.

So remember to save your edits somewhere, and after update apply your changes again.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Cory1985

Post by Cory1985 »

Thanks Mona Lisa. Late reply, been busy with life and studies. When you mean excutible do you mean the exe file of the game and U open it with notepad ?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I extracted these values from the game .exe, but obviously you can't edit it with Notepad. I wrote down how to apply these changes.

However, since December 2022 you can use the Empire Earth II Debug Console in Unofficial Patch 1.5 which should make testing and finding values easier.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Cory1985

Post by Cory1985 »

Nice thank U.

Return to “Questions”