The Roman Expedition (quest based scenario)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: The Roman Expedition (quest based scenario)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The installation looks fine, except that you extracted the sounds.zip and EE2X_sounds.zip files. So there are extracted MP3s available in the folder which might slow down the game.

The Roman Expedition files also seem to have the correct checksum.

From what I remember, in earlier versions of the scenario it was needed to type: "1." with the dot at the end, but in newest version it was not longer needed. Maybe it's worth to try with that .dot at the end until calsch03 checks it.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

i use christmas theme in game, because of the holidays! any ideas why giving commands in chat message does not work? what did you mean in mission instructions to give 1 & 1 or 2& 2? i did try these combinations and also 1 or 2 or 1. or '1' but nothing. the mp3's are not manually extracted, i think are leftover files from one of the patches. the last incremental patch i installed with checking the box to remove deprecated files but in previous patches i did not checked that feature

Added after 18 minutes 13 seconds:
the statue i can capture indefinitely and if i do it again champions of balder(green soldiers) spawn in the map and attack me!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Let's wait for calsch03 to get more information about the text commands.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 never extracted sounds.zip. It had to be done manually by user, or the installation source of the game. I wrote about risks of keeping unzipped files here: viewtopic.php?p=25728#p25728
the statue i can capture indefinitely and if i do it again champions of balder(green soldiers) spawn in the map and attack me!
As far as I know it's expected. You're supposed to finish the other mission points before the Statue is really defeated.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

ok! thank you! and happy new year! :)
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

can you please verify if on your game version, the mission works? because today i reinstalled the game and put the full unofficial patch 1.5 and restarted the mission but its the same bug, cant reply in chat message to accomplish the objective.
calsch03

Post by calsch03 »

Hi Radu273, I've followed the steps you wrote here, but I've found no problems with responding by typing 1 or 2. Can you maybe send me an save file of where you have the issue that you can't respond?
Radu273 wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 01:37 i can give you other details if it helps. i started the map from campaign section, i assimilated both the tribes, i captured all the other territories, i advanced to epoch 4 and done all the upgrades and after i captured the statue the objective was updated with conversation which goes two ways and i had caesar near the statue and tried to type in 1 for example but not worked. i saw that with my soldiers now i can capture the statue again, and that faction is listed in relationship, at war
PS: your supposed to capture the statue only once, if you do it more than once you will get punished ;)
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Radu273, also what's your language version of the game? Maybe there's some mismatch between English and other languages.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

this is my safe file right before i capture the statue, if you dont wish to wait, just enable cheats and type convert to convert the statue automatically

Added after 2 minutes 27 seconds:
my game language is english, dont know if its united kingdom version or united states version, if that matters
my windows language is english in evey aspect, except for unicode programs is romanian.

Added after 8 minutes 46 seconds:
Also my game is installed on D drive, not C drive which is usually windows and my documents where saves and other ee2 content are stored are on another partition, A drive. But till now game worked flawlesslly in every aspect, no crashes, no bugs
Attachments
inainte captura statuie.sav
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
These users thanked the author Radu273 for the post:
calsch03
calsch03

Post by calsch03 »

Hello Radu273, I've checked your save. But the mission still progresses for me when I type 1 or 2. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, maybe your pc's 1 and 2
characters are somehow different than mine.
Radu273

Post by Radu273 »

they certainly look the same when i type them. i mean they look like 1 and 2. tried to change the keyboard in windows but the same problem, try to use number from the numlock area, the same. i think i should not bother no more with this issue.

Added after 15 minutes 14 seconds:
ok. i found the problem. it seems that i customised the game to fit my needs in past and because i play the game only singleplayer i checked in options in-game chat messages to OFF. strange that cheats were working and the chat message window apparently worked before. but now as soon as i turned ON the feature, the mission worked like a charm.
Last edited by Radu273 on 02 Jan 2022, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Radu273 for the post:
calsch03

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”