how to edit the super icbm?

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
tsjlia

how to edit the super icbm?

Post by tsjlia »

I wish to edit the super ICBM for offline play only. I have the developers files in use and never play online anyways. Can you tell me where to find the file so i can edit it for greater damage and larger area of destruction.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: how to edit the super icbm?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The Super ICBM is not a part of Developers Version of UP1.5.

If you would like to import it, you need to search .zip files for "MGM" building (using WinRar search for text feature). But it will also require importing models, textures, missile information, adding new explosion effects to some other file, then editing another files to add it to the game. In general it's like 20+ things to edit in order to get it working. I can't even list all the things right now. But the good point to start is searching for "Mgm". You'll then find the .ddf file with information about it. From there you can see what .nif is used, from .nif you can get texture names, then missile name, then missile information and again it's .nif, textures, then explosion effect and area effect it creates. And all this from a changed files structure from the Normal version of UP1.5.
An easier method could be editing the normal Missile Silo instead, and adding explosion size / effects based on Super Missile Silo from the "Normal" UP1.5. It will also require some searching for files to modify, but should not be needed to import so many things.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
tsjlia

Re: how to edit the super icbm?

Post by tsjlia »

Thanks

Return to “Questions”