Red Crescent Truck Model

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
brownsfan_95

Red Crescent Truck Model

Post by brownsfan_95 »

I created a simple change to the existing medical truck, one for the Middle Eastern civs. It is a Red Crescent Truck.

This could be used in the game by creating a unit, "Medcar_ME" (or something) which would be placed directly before the existing Medcar unit in the dbtechtreenode5.csv and assigning it to the TTCIV "MiddleEast". I have found if two units are in the same build slot in the game UI, the first one listed in dbtechtreenode5 will show in the game UI.

Then adding the new unit in the other appropriate places (Units folder, upgrage_unittype5.csv, etc)

Technically there are also Red Cross symbols of the Red Lion (Iran, 1924-1980), Red Crystal (Unaffiliated religions, 2005+), Star of David (Israel, 1920s/1940s+), and Hakuai Sha (Japan, 1877-1887). I may make the Hakuai Sha but the others do not apply to existing civs
Attachments
Red_Crescent.zip
(75.22 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Red Crescent Truck Model

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Could you please post a screenshot of how it looks like in game?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
brownsfan_95

Post by brownsfan_95 »

EE2_ScreenShot13.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot13.jpg (216.41 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
EE2_ScreenShot12.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot12.jpg (236.7 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for sharing.

So basically, the model remains the same, just the symbol is changed:
EE2_ScreenShot762.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot762.jpg (481.44 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
Unfortunately, this modification will not be imported the the main version of UP1.5. We do not separate models / textures / units availability on regions. It complicates things a little (old saves compatibility, playbacks, etc).
Besides that, this is a model of the Red Cross Medical truck: https://www.google.com/search?q=Red+Cross+Medical+truck
It could be a little bit strange to differ in other regions, when Red Cross helps in all countries around the world, using the same logo. It's not like I'm being conservative and close-minded for improvements, it's mostly that I don't like changing models unless absolutely necessary.

But still thanks for sharing it. Maybe somebody will want to add it to their modded game.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
brownsfan_95

Post by brownsfan_95 »

No worries Mona, just sharing my (basic) mods
brownsfan_95

Post by brownsfan_95 »

Update on this, if the .nif file for the Red Crescent truck is renamed to "truckMedic_me.nif" and you have the .nif and .tga files in the graphics and textures folders, it will show in the game for the Middle Eastern countries without any other changes.

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”