My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Bogdan. Sorry for the inconvenience. It's my fault, because I was hurrying Loew up with the update, so it wasn't tested enough. We had some discussion where I proposed to keep the original files, but Loew wanted it to be improved and use the Ambient Pack.

Loew was going to post updated script files in the following days to this topic.

On the other hand, the script should be checking if DoesUnitExist to prevent crashes. That was the main reason why those scenarios weren't included earlier.

Bogdan, since you've the updated .scn files in your installation folder, would you be able to fix those things and attach the updated file to me?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Of course, here it is
Attachments
Bogdan - Korean War 1950.scn
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by Bogdan on 02 Feb 2021, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Bogdan wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 20:26 Hi! I found out today, that my scenarios are included to the game now. Thank you! I played them recently and everything is mostly good.

Unfortunately, there are some problems with "Korean War" scenario I have to share. Since the original scenario was remade in some ways, that caused a few annoyances:
1) Although "Chinese gates" look good, all of them severely block units' movement (particularly for tanks and artillery). This constrains both AI and player's armies, so...
2) Changing the original location of AI's "Leader" units. Well, it makes the scenario easier (as step-by-step gameplay is broken for North Korea 3). However, Chinese troops are "released" from their "borderline traps" too soon (see, North Korea 3 player's existence is bounded with Chinese's movements) and that in turn makes scenario harder. And short.
3) But the biggest problem are those additional mortar units in the area of Seoul, which were added. Because of them (and exacerbated by those gates) AI is too week there and so it loses. That saves South Korea players, which causes 2 issues: first - after defeating all enemy "Leaders" South Korea declares War to UN forces :) second - game crashes after Chinese "Leader" is killed. That's because my script expected enemy "Leaders" to be killed one by one, and those didn't include South Koreans of course (as they are taken down on the game start). It was really better with the original placement of "Leaders" and units balance.

One problem complements the other and therefore I can't ignore them. I appreciate Loewenherz's help, but unfortunately Korean War scenario did not become better (sorry, Loewenherz). I would be very grateful if these little difficulties will be fixed some day
Hi,

1. Im very sure, that the Chinese Gates looks perfect in your Scenario. :mrgreen: Ultimately, you can remove them, but it robs the scenario of that certain something. Apart from that, the AI North Korea 3 always surrendered immediately anyway, so a battle never developed at start.

2 and 3. What makes this scenario more difficult? In the end, you can defeat the Chinese without killing these leaders. The script crash is from me. I have forgotten to rename an Objective name. I will fixt it fast. But why you dont have use a Victory or Lost action in the script? Without this information, the script cannot be executed clearly. You cannot always use the standard victory contitions.

Well, we both made mistakes. The scenario is good anyway and maybe we'll be able to play something from you again soon. :D
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

North Korea AI never surrenders immediately, it applies only for South Korea AI, for good reason. In my version, killing North Korea 3 leader is possible only in the endspiel. There’s no such thing as quick surrender of AI, so I don’t understand this point
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

May be you meant that North Korea 3 doesn’t make new units. I see it now. Well, in the original scenario it made some troops occasionally, so that is not expected behavior
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I have add this Script for your Scenario. Please fix the Bugs and send it to me. Than we will fix the crashes and update this scenario.
Attachments
KoreanWar_script.ies
(14.02 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

As far as I'm concerned, this is what you wanted
Attachments
KoreanWar_script.ies
(17.34 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Could you guys please send me the .scn file with the correct / best .ies script loaded? I've got an important update to release as soon as possible, so we could use the opportunity and update the .scn at the same time.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

So I think that the last word here is on Loewenherz
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

I see in release notes for 158006 that my scenario is fixed, so I suppose that new .ies file was added. But what about this attachment:
Bogdan wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 22:02 Of course, here it is
The reason is that the new .scn (with map units changes) is also required for the new script because they are bonded. I am sorry that i didn't emphasize this clearly beforehand

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”