My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hi everyone! I want to finally share my collection of scenarios which I've made since 2017. In these I didn't use UP1.5 units/buildings etc. for the better compatibility reasons (ok, ok, I'm very conservative too). All of them have different difficulty level, but I hope you'll enjoy some! :D

1. Korean War 1950 (difficulty: medium)
*Kudos to Dr.MonaLisa and Loewenherz for their invaluable contribution in this one*

scenario
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1031

script
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1032

This is a scripted scenario which includes both nations from the original campaigns - Americans and Koreans. You're playing for the United Nations forces and your aim is to overwhelm communist powers in the region. As you may know, that's easier said than done. I've used some funny tricks with AI to hold it tied down for the time being and also tried to make winning game way a little non-linear. Hence, there's "eliminate enemies' leaders to win" strategy here. My best scenario.
Korean War 1.jpg
Korean War 1.jpg (646.23 KiB) Viewed 391297 times
Korean War 2.jpg
Korean War 2.jpg (582.98 KiB) Viewed 391297 times
Spoiler
Korean War 1950.scn
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 439 times
KoreanWar_script.ies
(15.28 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Korean_War_1950_v1.8.zip
(375.63 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Last edited by Bogdan on 23 Apr 2020, 22:03, edited 5 times in total.

Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

2. North African campaign (difficulty: easy)

This scenario is made to be easy, so it’s quite straightforward. You need to destroy the Nazis city center to win. Inspired by original American campaign since that third scenario is one of my favourites. Simple, but atmospheric.

scenario
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1029

script
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1028
--
North African Campaign 1.jpg
North African Campaign 1.jpg (438.54 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
North African Campaign 2.jpg
North African Campaign 2.jpg (340.59 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
Spoiler
North_Africa_script.ies
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
North African Campaign.scn
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 432 times
North_African_Campaign_v3.0.zip
(336.91 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Last edited by Bogdan on 23 Apr 2020, 22:01, edited 6 times in total.
Bogdan

Re: My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

Post by Bogdan »

3. Cold War 1965 (difficulty: easy)

This scenario has little scripting cause I rely on map editor way back then. The scenario is based on operation "Power Pack" carried out by the USA in Dominican Republic (1965) to prevent communists taking power in the state.

scenario
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1017

script
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1016
--
Cold War 1.jpg
Cold War 1.jpg (544.93 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
Cold War 2.jpg
Cold War 2.jpg (746.09 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
Spoiler
ColdWar1965_v.2.1.zip
(402.07 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
ColdWar1965.scn
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 418 times
ColdWar_script.ies
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Last edited by Bogdan on 14 Apr 2020, 21:10, edited 3 times in total.
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

4. The Inhabited Island (difficulty: hard)

This one has no scripting at all (almost), but it comes two in one. :) The scenario is based on the fantastic book of the same name telling the story about a planet that settled with people similar to us (the main difference is omnipresent totalitarian society after the world nuclear war). You can lead the remains of The Paternal Empire or command horrendous Island Empire. Nuclear bombing required.

scenario: The Paternal Empire side
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1019

scenario: Island Empire side

empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1020

script
empireearth2://decode-downloader-ee2-sc ... ew&id=1018
--
The Inhabited Island 1.jpg
The Inhabited Island 1.jpg (381.41 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
The Inhabited Island 2.jpg
The Inhabited Island 2.jpg (474.96 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
Spoiler
The Inhabited Island - extra.zip
(651.7 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
The Inhabited Island.scn
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 442 times
The Inhabited Island-Bad guys.scn
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 458 times
Inhabited_Island_script.ies
(853 Bytes) Downloaded 425 times
Last edited by Bogdan on 14 Apr 2020, 21:11, edited 4 times in total.
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

5. Save the Byzantium (difficulty: hard, HARD!)
*Kudos to Dr.MonaLisa and calsch03 for help and inspiration*

Unfortunately, this scenario can’t be integrated to the mode. It uses custom .aip file which must replace default one. So, player need to back up his original Skirmish_Default file and then replace it with mine to play the scenario. So yes, one actually need to spend time in order to play and I can do nothing with it. Anyway, it’s possible. And it shipped with manual :)

The scenario is based on the events that took place in Europe during 1000-1400 AD. It invites you to change the history and save the thousand-year state from the imminent doom. And it’s hard. May be too hard, but you can use active pause to make it easier. If you can’t watch 3-4 fronts at the same time, of course.
Byzantium 1.jpg
Byzantium 1.jpg (612.36 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
Byzantium 2.jpg
Byzantium 2.jpg (488.04 KiB) Viewed 391296 times
Attachments
Save_Byzantium_v2.2.zip
(549.86 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
Last edited by Bogdan on 23 Apr 2020, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Would that be cool to include them to UP1.5?

Regarding the .aip file, I'm not 100% sure, but I think once loaded to the scenario, it should work, even when this .aip file is not present in game folder. Could someone check it?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Of course, I will be happy to see them as a part of mode!
Regarding the .aip file, I’ve failed to integrate it to the scenario itself (because of unstable AI_ChangePersonality command). Gameplay is only correct, when I have it in /aips folder as the Skirmish_Default.aip; otherwise AI won’t attack/kill its units.
calsch03

Post by calsch03 »

Thanks for sharing your creations Bogdan, I'll certainly try them out and do some tests with the .api for myself once I've got some time.
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 04:49 Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Would that be cool to include them to UP1.5?

Regarding the .aip file, I'm not 100% sure, but I think once loaded to the scenario, it should work, even when this .aip file is not present in game folder. Could someone check it?
The aip file gets loaded once you call it in the script, so it's not connected to the scenario file sadly.

The discussion & solution regarding the custom .aip file has been continued in this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=25557#p25557
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Bogdan. I'm sorry to inform you, that your scenarios could not be added to Unofficial Patch 1.5. It's a decision of Minister Loewenherz who verified that there was only basic scripting. Adding those scenarios to UP1.5 would require a lot of work (preparation of preview images in supported format / resolutions, text file database entries, etc.). At the end, it would need to be "fixed" by UP1.5 (like for the previously added scenarios) to display in game.
This all is so problematic, and I'm lazy enough to... create a new feature, especially for the content of this type.
With Minor Update 157034, which has just been released, you can create a simple protocol links, which will automatically download and place your scenarios files in players Documents folder. Please check it out: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5332
I would be thankful if you updated your posts and added the new installation method to them :) The original download file can be placed in a "spoiler", and the new link visible on top of it.

Thank you once again for sharing your content with us.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hi! I found out today, that my scenarios are included to the game now. Thank you! I played them recently and everything is mostly good.

Unfortunately, there are some problems with "Korean War" scenario I have to share. Since the original scenario was remade in some ways, that caused a few annoyances:
1) Although "Chinese gates" look good, all of them severely block units' movement (particularly for tanks and artillery). This constrains both AI and player's armies, so...
2) Changing the original location of AI's "Leader" units. Well, it makes the scenario easier (as step-by-step gameplay is broken for North Korea 3). However, Chinese troops are "released" from their "borderline traps" too soon (see, North Korea 3 player's existence is bounded with Chinese's movements) and that in turn makes scenario harder. And short.
3) But the biggest problem are those additional mortar units in the area of Seoul, which were added. Because of them (and exacerbated by those gates) AI is too week there and so it loses. That saves South Korea players, which causes 2 issues: first - after defeating all enemy "Leaders" South Korea declares War to UN forces :) second - game crashes after Chinese "Leader" is killed. That's because my script expected enemy "Leaders" to be killed one by one, and those didn't include South Koreans of course (as they are taken down on the game start). It was really better with the original placement of "Leaders" and units balance.

One problem complements the other and therefore I can't ignore them. I appreciate Loewenherz's help, but unfortunately Korean War scenario did not become better (sorry, Loewenherz). I would be very grateful if these little difficulties will be fixed some day

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”