My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Loewenherz

Re: My scenarios for Empire Earth 2

Post by Loewenherz »

Lol... :lol:

By the way i have used your Map and Script. :D
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

So I guess we will have the new map from .scn in the next release
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I got this archive from Loew on 1st February 20:27
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Update.zip

The file name inside was "Bogdan - KoreanWar1950.scn" so I renamed it to "Bogdan - Korean War 1950.scn".

I have no idea what differences there are, as I didn't get a chance to play it :/ The last days were very busy for me with important updates: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5441 so sorry for the quality problems in those scenarios. I thought you guys can figure it out without my interference.

Either way, this can be improved with time. The important thing is that the scenarios entries are already in game. Custom scenarios are crashing the game when their files are missing, so I also programmed the Launcher to support those new scenarios and to fix users.cfg file. So in short: Scenarios can be updated at any time, as long as their filename matches. I wanted it to be done quicker, because there was an update that changed some game files that require installation from all users. I'm trying to keep most of updates as "Optional", so then adding scenarios to the menu is impossible, because I don't want to force people to install an update for some things that they don't need. So that was the only reason why I was a bit in "hurry", but updating scenario file is fine at any time.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

I see it now. Well, the differences are locations of AI "Leaders" are changed (reversed to original), chinese gates removed, some troops deleted and some other minor tweaks. So it's not critical, but make some important improvements to game's balance
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Im sorry. :shock: Have made a mistake. The "updatet" Scenario from Bogdan is the old, because the Game has overwrite the scenario in the own Documents. Have forgotten it. Here the correct file.
Attachments
Bogdan_-_Korean_War_1950.scn
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Can you please confirm that this version of .scn file is good enough? Maybe you would like to add few improvements from your side?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Dear Mona! Could you please fix the description for "Cold War 1965" scenario? The reason is that in hints section there's a little mistake:
"It's better to land on the part of the island, which is not embattled. The US Army has marked these parts on the main island with buoys"
The thing is, these parts of island are actually impossible to land on, therefore they are marked with buoys.:) So the hint is misleading. Please change it to:

"Some parts of islands in the area are impossible to land on. The US Army has marked these parts with buoys. The terrain is difficult for landing, so it is not possible to do it everywhere"

Also, please change "Haiti" to "Dominican Republic" in History section.
Thank you!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Bogdan. Thanks for the information. I'll update texts when I'll be working on the next update. It might take longer than usual this time, but hopefully that's not an issue.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Thank you!
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 16:11 Hi Bogdan. Thanks for the information. I'll update texts when I'll be working on the next update. It might take longer than usual this time, but hopefully that's not an issue.
Hello Mona! I think something went wrong when that text was updated... There's a strange bug that didn't appear before:
Spoiler
Error.png
Error.png (8.12 KiB) Viewed 31633 times
It appears when scenario is loaded, but only if another scenario was played before. So if you just launch the game and then select "Cold War 1965" from the menu, it goes well. However, if you played another scenario before, quit and then started this one, the error message shows up. Really strange, I must say

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”