Building a CB Map

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Virtual_jesus

Building a CB Map

Post by Virtual_jesus »

I didn't see this in the list of useful items so I figured I would ask.

Im looking to build a CB Map for me and my friends were looking to Limit resources to certain groups on the map to encourage diplomacy and trading. I want to know how I make this map and allow unlimited buildings like the ones included on the mod. I looked up and down on the provided ones and couldn't see anything that tells me how to make these maps so I can have 20 city centers on the large pieces of land. Its probably a stupid question and I am over looking something.

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Building a CB Map

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Great question. I used to know how to do this, but now I totally don't remember it.
It was something about painting Ocean and then pressing the "undo" button? But I'm probably wrong.

I forwarded this question to someone who might know, and he should be back to you soon.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Virtual_jesus

Post by Virtual_jesus »

Sweet thanks! I'll share the map once its complete!
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

Hello Jesus,

the trick to create unlimited lands is actually quite simple. You need to cover the terrain where you want it to be unlimited with the mountain terrain paint. Then place your territories. If you done it right and removed it after setting the terrs(if even neccessary in your case), there should be no limit at all. Alternatively, you can disable territories at all so everything is unlimited. But i dont think it would work as you need at least a territory or more (or one Tree of death on one territory) to be actually able to produce units.

Greetings
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
Virtual_jesus

Post by Virtual_jesus »

Booya that was it! Thanks a ton! Now it's time to get cracking!

Return to “Questions”