Tundra climate

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Loewenherz

Re: Tundra climate

Post by Loewenherz »

Very low quality of work from both of you this time.
Gonzalo should work at some crash production agency. Total lack of skills, changing values he doesn't understand and then doesn't revert changes and modifies different files. This way of modding is an invite for crashes.
Loew skipped the important files this time, and forgot to include Gonzalo's audio edits (probably intentionally, because they're currently the same, BUT WE NEED TO THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE).
Thanks for the critic Mona, that my work is from low quality. You have so warm hearted words. :lol: But my Version is so stable as possible. And yes, i have skipped the audio file, because, it was in moment not so important in my opinion. :mrgreen:

By the way, i look in EE3 if i have time and leisure, what whe can use from there.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'm working on sounds from EE3 now. I'll try to upload new version today.

Added after 55 minutes 21 seconds:
Here it is, a version with sounds from EE3:

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space

It has new sounds for: ambient, forest, forest animals, sea, sea animals, rain, heavy rain, snow, heavy snow, etc. Basically everything is used from EE3 Arctic climate, so much better quality. I tried to set best volumes, but if you recommend some tweaks - please feel free to write.

Loew, please try to set forest using trees from your ambient pack now. But please only select those trees that don't lag. We don't need to use everything, just please try to make it look good. You might need to try several times to find the good "weight" of trees.
Let's remember it's Tundra, not fully Arctic climate (arctic would be disliked by players, just like Night mode), so trees can have some green/yellow on it.
EDIT: Actually, if we have Arctic trees only, please fully copy forestation levels from EE3 arctic climate. OK?

And Gonzalo, please check for Tundra grasses in Map Editor. Maybe we can select the best of them to replace existing Temperate glass in Tundra files.

Edit:
For terrain, I want something like this:

screenshot_2017-06-13-02-14-00.png
screenshot_2017-06-13-02-14-00.png (3.82 MiB) Viewed 2716 times
screenshot_2017-06-16-13-08-43.png
screenshot_2017-06-16-13-08-43.png (4.03 MiB) Viewed 2716 times
screenshot_2017-06-16-13-08-53.png
screenshot_2017-06-16-13-08-53.png (4.49 MiB) Viewed 2716 times
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 20:28 I'm working on sounds from EE3 now. I'll try to upload new version today.

Added after 55 minutes 21 seconds:
Here it is, a version with sounds from EE3:

DrMonaLisasTundra_157015_withSounds.zip

It has new sounds for: ambient, forest, forest animals, sea, sea animals, rain, heavy rain, snow, heavy snow, etc. Basically everything is used from EE3 Arctic climate, so much better quality. I tried to set best volumes, but if you recommend some tweaks - please feel free to write.

Loew, please try to set forest using trees from your ambient pack now. But please only select those trees that don't lag. We don't need to use everything, just please try to make it look good. You might need to try several times to find the good "weight" of trees.
Let's remember it's Tundra, not fully Arctic climate (arctic would be disliked by players, just like Night mode), so trees can have some green/yellow on it.
EDIT: Actually, if we have Arctic trees only, please fully copy forestation levels from EE3 arctic climate. OK?

And Gonzalo, please check for Tundra grasses in Map Editor. Maybe we can select the best of them to replace existing Temperate glass in Tundra files.

Edit:
For terrain, I want something like this:

screenshot_2017-06-13-02-14-00.png

screenshot_2017-06-16-13-08-43.png

screenshot_2017-06-16-13-08-53.png
Sorry Mona, I google tundra textures and only find stupid low resolution ugly textures.... :(
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Ok, can you focus on Sun Direction instead, please? Tundra has it wrong and I don't understand how they configured it for.Temperate and other climates in EE2. Maybe there is some website to calculate it?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

I'll look into it!!

Added after 19 seconds:
Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 25 Aug 2019, 22:32 Ok, can you focus on Sun Direction instead, please? Tundra has it wrong and I don't understand how they configured it for.Temperate and other climates in EE2. Maybe there is some website to calculate it?
I'll look into it!!
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Actuell tundra clima db.zip from me. Enjoy it. :)

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space
Last edited by Loewenherz on 28 Aug 2019, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Looks nice, but needs some tweaks. The snow on mountains should be white instead of "ice". I think it will look even better when we find Sun Directions for Tundra.
Btw. are forests already set in this file? Is terrain the same for all seasons?

EDIT:
Do we use BMP or DDS? Which one works better? It goes to textures folder?

EDIT:
Another question. Do dbterrain_tundra.csv and dbterrain_tundra.csv have some entries limits? I tried to add Tundra grasses as new one, but it crashed in map editor (game closed). Did you notice the same behavior, that's why decided to remove some of Temperate terrains from Tundra?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Thanks. I will change the snow from mountains. The Forest is not in the file. Can be, that i use a green and a white tundra tree for summer and winter seasons.

Bmp are the file for Minimap. The dds is for textur. From a Limit for entries i dont know. I have createt a complet new seeting. That its, why i not use the old temperate terrain.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I wanted to use the snow from Temperate, to make mountain's top look better.
I noticed that you used:

Code: Select all

OceanFloor,OceanFloor_Tundra,OceanFloor_Tundra,OceanFloor_Tundra,Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt Dirt ,terr_water_riverbed.bmp,-9999,-2,kTerrainMoveType_Ocean,0
"OceanFloor" and few others were the only exception where "_Tundra" suffix was missing. Was it intentional or a mistake from you?
Could you please check later if you can keep all Temperate grasses and add new Tundra to the same file, without crash?

DDS and BMP files have to be both present in game textures_150 folder?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

EE2_ScreenShot0.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot0.jpg (281.35 KiB) Viewed 2648 times

Here is the latest version. I have added all Ground Textures, create a map textures generation for tundra maps and added the forest on the map. What new is, is fast to write, but it was a lot of work. Enjoy it.

Deleted, outdated
Last edited by Loewenherz on 28 Aug 2019, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussion”