Tundra climate

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Gonzalo

Re: Tundra climate

Post by Gonzalo »

Final version of the mod, for EE2 and EE2X, in the editor and skirmish!!!!

Added after 51 seconds:
Here are the files

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

That's not Developers version since db_155.zip is present...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

I have separated EE2 and EE2X files...textures valid for both and may be included in any folder of zips containing textures...the game is smart
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

So, i have createt on the Delevoper Version the new Climate Tundra. It works for EE2 and EE2x and is a asbsolutly basic version and so a standart for new enhancement like sound and textures. The only Problem is, that if you load a Map in EE2 with the tundra Climate for the second time, the game Crash. The first loading works fine, but the second crash. That's true for Editor, Scenario and skirmish. But in EE2X it works fine. Dont ask, why?

Please delevop and work on this version.

Deleted
Last edited by Loewenherz on 28 Aug 2019, 00:17, edited 2 times in total.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

OK...quick instructions for installing climate: overwrite all files in tha "Tundra Climate.zip" over the original of the UP 1.5 last version, according to folder...no unused files in this new edition.

You won't miss or lack any of the forest files of the original game

Added after 37 minutes :
Loewenherz wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 13:31 So, i have createt on the Delevoper Version the new Climate Tundra. It works for EE2 and EE2x and is a asbsolutly basic version and so a standart for new enhancement like sound and textures. The only Problem is, that if you load a Map in EE2 with the tundra Climate for the second time, the game Crash. The first loading works fine, but the second crash. That's true for Editor, Scenario and skirmish. But in EE2X it works fine. Dont ask, why?

Please delevop and work on this version.

TundraDB.zip
Friend Loewenherz...the point is that in tundra climate, all year is winter but summer, when spring textures are used for sparsegrass01, 02, 03 and normal grass!!!

But I am looking into it ^^

Anyway, I have tested in my pc the files you provided, Loew, and all worked fine, just the language changes from Spanish to English...but I find boring a tundra climatfe which is just different from the temperate in forestation trees...

Sorry, no crashes on my pc...the game works fine...perhaps my pc is more powerful than yours...I use a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60Ghz 3.60Ghz, RAM 4GB, x64

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Sorry, no crashes on my pc...the game works fine...perhaps my pc is more powerful than yours...I use a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60Ghz 3.60Ghz, RAM 4GB, x64
lol, it wouldn't matter, because it's on the same processor architecture.

Thank you both. I'll check it in the evening.

Winter starting season can be configured by some file. There are not so many differences for now, I guess we will have to use Loew's trees later on full 1.5. some new ambient sounds and maybe different animals, like the bear.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 16:57

Winter starting season can be configured by some file. There are not so many differences for now, I guess we will have to use Loew's trees later on full 1.5. some new ambient sounds and maybe different animals, like the bear.
Sorry for annoyance, Sire...I haven't been at my best :(
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 16:57

I have polar bear with same model than brown bear...perhaps it could be included in UP 1.5 as predator for Tundra...if I am not too daringly...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Very low quality of work from both of you this time.
Gonzalo should work at some crash production agency. Total lack of skills, changing values he doesn't understand and then doesn't revert changes and modifies different files. This way of modding is an invite for crashes.
Loew skipped the important files this time, and forgot to include Gonzalo's audio edits (probably intentionally, because they're currently the same, BUT WE NEED TO THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE).

What I still don't like is using names with _Template in _Tundra DDF files. It causes problem with duplicated entries in game DB (when it loads everything at launch). It's the same as if you placed two DDF files in separate .zip files. The game gets crazy because reads those files randomly. So that's the main issue of crashes if there are remaining.

Anyway, I wasted 6 hours preparing Tundra compatible with 1.5. You can download it here:
//Removed, outdated

PLEASE CONTINUE MODDING TUNDRA ON NORMAL 1.5.

What needs to be done:
- Sun directions in dbclimat5.ddf. ToggleAtmospherePanel hotkey might be useful (Ctrl+alt+shift+A). We need to find selected Tundra location and google for Sun direction. I want it to look the same way as in Anno 2205: https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920& ... CAY&uact=5
anno-2205-tundra_vgdb.jpg
anno-2205-tundra_vgdb.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
- Terrain textures to look like in Anno 2205. Does EE2 already have terrain for tundra?
- Best Tundra-a-like trees from Loew's Ambient pack in dbforest5.ddf.
- New ambient sounds for Trundra. We can find something NICE online. Changable in dbsound_ambien5.csv.
- Decide which animals to use in Tundra. Currently only from already existing animals in 1.5.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Also, seems like there is Arctic climate in EE3! Maybe it's good to first import everything possible (sounds and perhaps sun directions), and then we can think about improvements?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Discussion”