Tundra climate

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Gonzalo

Re: Tundra climate

Post by Gonzalo »

EE2_ScreenShot97.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot97.jpg (408.41 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
What about my new terrain textures for tundra??

For certain you both users of UP 1.5 can play small islands etc on tundra climate?? For I can't

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Loew, you didn't update dbclimat5.ddf for AOS in your last file?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Have forgotten is. Copy simple the sun stand from the EE2 version to AoS. Thats all. By the way, gonzalo, you didn't must support the tundra. We are nearly finish.

Gonzalo wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 15:38

For certain you both users of UP 1.5 can play small islands etc on tundra climate?? For I can't
Looks crazy. Why you work on EE 4 Mod basis? We use for our work the 1.5 system?! :geek:
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you Loew. Great work.

Here's a bit fixed version with new 1.5 structure (for animals):
// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space

What was done:
- Winter starts 1 month later than it was supposed to (so we can longer enjoy Tundra flora).
- Added rainy season. According to different sources rainfalls on Tundra depend on location, but since I added new sounds for rain, it's good to have it.
- Using animals: Rabbits (domestic) and Gonzalo's Bear (predator).
- Reverted Sun Directions for all climates from the official version of the game, so cycle time of day will probably be finally used (changed colors remain the same).
+ some other little tweaks I don't remember now

Loew, I'd like to ask you to check the following things:
- Sun Direction for Tundra Night might need a little bit tweaks. I noticed that Evening on Tundra is darker than Night now. Please see if either Evening needs to have more lights, or Night needs to have Sun position changes. Please make sure to not have unnaturally big shadows during night after changes.
- Please try to revert green under-building textures, as it gives much better effect than white. It's like grass near buildings. Possibly it needs to be set for all seasons? Like in Winter it can remain white (or other) and Summer seasons green.
- I like some green flowers visible on terrain and I'm not 100% sure about the white places. Maybe it's too many of them? Could you please try later some more variations and show me screenshots?
- Maybe remove Boars from wild animals. I forgot but I don't want to re-pack and reupload it again ^^

IMPORTANT: Please make a backup of your current folder, make a clean copy of the normal 1.5 and then overwrite files from my archive. Then please continue modding on this.

We're very close to finish!
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Loewenherz wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 22:51 Have forgotten is. Copy simple the sun stand from the EE2 version to AoS. Thats all. By the way, gonzalo, you didn't must support the tundra. We are nearly finish.

Gonzalo wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 15:38

Looks crazy. Why you work on EE 4 Mod basis? We use for our work the 1.5 system?! :geek:
I like these textures, which in the game turn out nicer, Loewenherz. Yep I would like to collaborate more in Mona's patch but I have a lot of new units of my mod on EE4, and for that reason I wasn't of much help in developing Tundra climate for 1.5 EE2, because I needed to make double load of work. Sorry for that, I will try to be more collaborative in the future. Thank you for feedback!!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Ummm, I don't buy this argument. importing Tundra later to Developers/Other mods version is banally easy. It's normal that for developing things a version available for all is used. How would somebody be modding on your special version, with your new units, if it's not even publicly available?

Anyway, it's doesn't matter now, since it's almost finished.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

A new Version with last fixes from me.

- fixes Tundra Nights. She is now darker. Furthermore has the AoS Tundra corectures with lighting.
- The Underbuilding texture are now green, but has snow on it in winter. Mona like it. :)
- Flower ore new textutures are a to great encroachment, but i have enhanced the map generation. Now is the placement from textures on map better, i think.
- Boar's fit with tundra, i think. I don't have skip it.
- Rabbits have more food. Its better for Gameplay i think, and then the worker don't forget to hunts.

Now, we are very near finish, or?

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space
EE2_ScreenShot25.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot25.jpg (269.41 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you. Yes, we are very close to finish, I just need to see terrain textures live.
To be honest I still don't like the terrain texture (but I know it takes a lot of work and testing, so it's not like something negative). But I need to see it myself later. For me there is too much "mixing", like in the Arid climate. This makes player not use Arid climate in normal game, they prefer Temperate.
I'd like to see something more Orange and green, as in: viewtopic.php?p=25120#p25120
But as I said, I need to see it live to decide. Please don't change anything yet. It's all about setting the correct % of terrain I think. Temperate has mostly green grass, but it has some yellowish part, and that's the best example how it would look nice here.
- Rabbits have more food. Its better for Gameplay i think, and then the worker don't forget to hunts.
Rabbits in general should have less food, but does it cause some bug where they stop "killing" other rabbits? If yes, then I guess you made the right decision, otherwise we might need to revert this change as they already are set to be bigger amount than "Cows" and their reproduction time is short.

Either way, very good job from you. We only have little tweaks now, not a big deal.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So, loew, could you please answer why rabbits had to have more food? Was there any noticeable bug when the food was low?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Hunters have only an animal hunted, and then there stood without work. So hunters stopped his work.

Return to “Discussion”