Tundra climate

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Gonzalo

Tundra climate

Post by Gonzalo »

Hi, I have created a new climate, "tundra" and "mediterranean". Mediterranean doesn't load, but tundra does, and sometimes I get to play, other times the game crashes. But when I play effectively tundra climate, soil textures appear white...I wonder if anyone knows what can be the cause. Perhaps I need to create all new set of soil textures for tundra, but I don't know which textures will be appropiate for tundra climate which I can download from the web. any help would be appreciated...

Gonzalo

Re: Tundra climate

Post by Gonzalo »

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space

Hi, here are my files for tundra climate. They work ok on EE4, but still haven't tested on UP 1.5 I hope among all we'll achieve this climate. Thanks to Iwanicki and Lowenherz for their support...
Don't FORGET to make a backup of the game before testing it!!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Why is "FogOn" set to TRUE for Tundra in file "dbclimate_atmosphere.csv"? Does it matter, or you just enabled it while trying to get Tundra work?

Added after 31 minutes 47 seconds:
Also, are you sure you uploaded all files? I added everything and can't find Tundra on the list.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

hmmmm yes the mod worked fine on EE4, with or without fog...the mod seems not to work for EE2 UP 1.5...I keep researching...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

This enabled fog must be causing this problem:
But when I play effectively tundra climate, soil textures appear white...I wonder if anyone knows what can be the cause.
With normal UP1.5 it won't work in the current form, because files structure is totally different. It must be tested on Developers version of the patch. But then again, I tested myself, and files provided by you are incomplete. I couldn't find Tundra on the list of available climates, so there is something missing (enum file).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Now Tundra appears, besides a climate called "Human"... :-o !! But still some file is missing, tundra crashes the game...please wait and apologies for lasting to hit the mark...

Added after 1 hour 57 minutes 21 seconds:
I have achieved tundra climate but since forests are in UP 1.5 made by Loew I don't know how to add forests to tundra climate... :( :( :(

// File outdated & deleted to save forum's SSD space
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Why not make it work with Developers version of UP1.5 first? Why going for the version with changed files structure which you have no idea about? Just test if it works and displays with Developers version, and I'll import the other things to the normal one.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

OK I will use developers version
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

I have tunsra climate working fine in EE2X skirmish and editor with all sizes and topographies. But still EE2 (original game) crashes...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

On 1.5 Developers version?
Further posts with "still crashes" and 0 details or provided files will be ignored. You're using this forum long enough to realize that nobody is using the crystal ball here.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Discussion”