Buildings not advancing epoch in EE4

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Buildings not advancing epoch in EE4

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Are you sure calling me the "flamboyant" person is the right thing?

I'm probably the only person in the community who tries to reply to every modding-related topic, even when I don't like it nor don't have much knowledge I'm trying to help.
But you are right, next time it's better to simply ignore and not reply at all, on subjects where I won't be able to help. I probably gave false hopes that I would attempt to reproduce someone's bugs, fix and post solution.

From now on I'll be helping in cases where I'm good at (EE2 Problems, UP1.5, etc.) and I'll leave the modding space to others :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Sat42

Post by Sat42 »

Hi guys!

Following developments here from afar as I am interested in new units/buildings for the game (so probably I will stick to the Developers' version), but can't do much now due to pressure with work IRL.

Good luck Gonzalo, I hope you will succeed in what you are doing - again this stuff is very interesting for me (what you are trying with the Russian civilisation is similar to what I would like to do for the ancient Egyptians)!

Besides that, I am also still just delighted that this forum and 1.5 in general exists - I think, in time, I will be able to make some of my ideas come to life in Empire Earth 2, and that simply would not be possible without Dr.MonaLisa's work and the contribution of modders.

Cheers!
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Dear Leader, sorry for my untimely considerations about your help, I was angry because you compared me with RGV1 and Iwanicki as suggesting I was worse than them. Anyway I have my units with their icons, this shows that I am, after all, a good (at least) modder. And sorry for asking you for help at modding issues, where you recognize not being the appropiate helper. Eventually you must decide if you help or not, anyway if I am annoying you too much about the question, I humbly give my apology for being so inconsiderate. But you are right, I seem like a bad pupil who annoys the teacher with stupid questions instead to use his own brain efficiently and squeeze his brain out to get the right answers and tips to the questions that may arise. but I am not going to become boring, but to apologyze for my anger and thank for help.

Sat42, thank you very much for your feedback, it's true that I still need some help, but Dr. Mona Lisa isn't as himself recognize, of much help at modding questions. go on in your modding Odyssey, I am sure you will conquer a throne of leadership in the modding kingdom...feel free to ask me for help, I will do my best. I am interested in almost all civilizations at EE2, not just Russian, but if you are passionate for Egyptian civ, do your best to get a good mod that pleases you (and perhaps others). This is a good game for modding, though difficult at first...good luck for your egyptian mod and thanks for feedback!!! :)
Sat42

Post by Sat42 »

Thank you for your nice post Gonzalo!

Indeed, EE2 is good for modding in spite of difficulties, for me it is the sheer amount of diversity (all of human history and then some!) that got me invested in this game :)

I will be more active in summer, after I'm done with some important milestones at work!
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Yes, Sat42, EE2 spreads about thousands of years of human history from the very beginning to future epochs, and there are lots of units to mod, buildings, decorations etc and it's a very playable game, hope you are lucky and mod a lot of units that are of your concern. This summer I will also be active in the forum, but I recognize that I became accustomed to get mods made by another or to receive a lot of help, now I am aware modding needs a lot of concentration and attention and I am resolved to work my fingers to the bone, as the saying is, to make up my own units and my own mod. I repeat, good luck in your modding enterprise!!! :)

Return to “Questions”