Raft for 1.5 patched EE2

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Gonzalo

Re: Raft for 1.5 patched EE2

Post by Gonzalo »

Thanks Dr. I made that with FishingShip and accordingly modded all files including upgradeunittypes.csv, but still my raft doesn't appear neither in the dock nor in the object placement list of the editor :(

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Because, for Mona's sake, the normal 1.5 uses the changed files structure for multi-language support and smaller minor update sizes. If you didn't realize which new files are used by exploring db_150, db_155.zip then go back to Developers Version.
For sure upgradeunittypes.csv is not used on the normal 1.5. Which file is used instead you can easily find.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Thanks for your reply, Doc, do you mean if I alter the code of EE2 1.5 I will affect all players?? I just want to make my own mod, whether on developers version or on normal patch. So I "notice" the message you send to me, I will keep with my own mod with developers patch, and will not change your patch. sorry for annoyance :( :( :(
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Is this a joke?
Of course the changes you make are locally, only for yourself and won't affect other players.

However, you seem to keep asking the same questions, for like 3 years now regarding modding/adding units. So if you are unable to check new files of the "normal 1.5" then it might be EASIER for you to simply go back to Developers Version, which additionally won't lose your changes after updates.
You also ignored my recommendation regarding using "Sniper" to search for. You searched an unit type which was present on all versions of EE2, so how is that easier to understand how to add NEW units?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

No, it's not a joke, I am that stupid. Sorry, I will try copying Sniper files instead of Fishing Ship. Thanks.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Not copying... Opening files where Sniper is defined and adding your unit entries under it. So you will know which NEW files of Normal 1.5 are used instead.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

I MEANT that, Mona...please don't get angry!!!

I achieved!!!! Yes it wasn't that difficult!! Just forgot to set rps = SeaNonCombat

Thank you very much...now I know how to add NEW units to original EE2 1.5...I hope this thread will be useful for someone...
Last edited by Gonzalo on 04 May 2019, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Sat42

Post by Sat42 »

Once I get to grips with this myself, I will make a tutorial for everyone :)
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Good luck, especially because the Normal 1.5 files structure might change dynamically :/

Gonzalo wrote: 04 May 2019, 12:58 I MEANT that, Mona...please don't get angry!!!
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 04 May 2019, 13:39 Good luck, especially because the Normal 1.5 files structure might change dynamically :/

Gonzalo wrote: 04 May 2019, 12:58 I MEANT that, Mona...please don't get angry!!!
LOL

Added after 40 seconds:
Sat42 wrote: 04 May 2019, 13:10 Once I get to grips with this myself, I will make a tutorial for everyone :)
That's great Sat42!! :)

Return to “Questions”