Tint fix for Terrain

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Loewenherz

Tint fix for Terrain

Post by Loewenherz »

Hello everyone,

here is a little fix for the winter tint thing in EE2. Its is so, that in december, january, february and march the game let disappears the tint terrain in all climates. For Mapper like me, is that a stupid feature. This files fix it.

Install:

Unpack the files under: Empire Earth II\zips

Uninstall:

Erase the three files or the unpacked folder.

Note:

This fix is not supported from the unofficial patch. Maybe is it supported later. I have release this fix, because I want to archive the work here, and to give other user the possibility to test the fix.
Attachments
terrain_tint_fix.zip
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Tint fix for Terrain

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Sorry, this currently can't be added to Unofficial Patch 1.5.
I'm trying to avoid files that need to be unpacked directly in "zips" folder. If it was possible to use db_155.zip - it wouldn't be a problem, but when a new file is created it might cause huge troubles for game stability or in case we wanted to revert this change - a lot of installation issues / version incompatibility problems could happen (for example some antiviruses block file-deletion as "ransomware" behavior). This could cause problems forcing people to re-install the game in order to be able to use Multiplayer, etc.
It's better when such modifications are available externally, especially because we didn't miss this feature for the past 13 years.

This is not the final decision, maybe in the future there will be important changes requiring climate file structure change in UP1.5. Then it should fit with no problem, but for now too much work for a change that might not have much interest.

It's good to have this topic and read players feedback thought.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'm sorry. I verified those file changes today, and I still think they are set there for a reason. It's too risky to add modifications like this one. Even if we can't see the negative difference when checking it for the first time. It could affect some of graphics settings on EE2, causing the snow to be hidden by other "on ground" tints. This is something I don't want to risk. This file was created for a reason. If EE2 devs wanted tints to be always visible, they wouldn't be setting up this file.
I know it might be hard to understand, because during tests it looks "cool", but there really are too many factors where unchanged files are required.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

This topic is soon a strangeness from me. :mrgreen:

Personally, I don't see any problems. Skirmish Maps do not generate any tint terrain. So it's a change, that 3-4 campaign maps does affect. Its only a cosmetic change, that are only for maps that use many tint (Mars, brown desert, tint artic maps...). So this not looks so terribely when in winter a desert map looks suddenly other.

The devs has made that maybe for snow. By the power vested in me, i declare, that you test it for yourself and show, how many gameplay is chanched througt this modificatet file. :D

But that's theme not so important.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thankfully custom scenarios can have disabled seasons cycle for now.

I was worried when I've seen potential under-building-texture changes for Winter season.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Integrated in UP1.5 since version: 157018.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”