Grid Utility for EE2 and EE2X

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Loewenherz

Grid Utility for EE2 and EE2X

Post by Loewenherz »

----------Grid pack---------

This is a Utility for Empire Earth 2, a 510 x 510 Map which i have divided in 10 x 10 tile squares using the Beach or ForestRoot texture. For EE2 and EE2X the Gridpack should be have a Map for ervery clima zone. I relase the maps one by one.

You can use the grids, to create exactly Multiplayermaps or to make Maps with a image or a realistic Map from a Land. With the Resize Tool you can make smaller versions from the Map. In the attachment are a Grid that you can use how in the example picture.

It's a simple thing to do, but is quite time consuming, so I hope this saves people a lot of hassle and headaches (and yellow grids swimming in front of their eye).

Enjoy - Loewenherz
Attachments
EE2X_Grid_Temperate.zip
(25.98 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
grip.zip
(500 Bytes) Downloaded 189 times
Example.png
Example.png (264.57 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Gonzalo

Re: Grid Utility for EE2 and EE2X

Post by Gonzalo »

It would be too difficult to make a grid for tropical map? How can I make it? Thanks
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

• Create a little scenario, give her a modification to display someone skybox. Make this, because without this trick, greater Maps doesn't display a skybox with the ChangeToSkybox command. (My old grid here, not use the trick! Better you make a new grid, if you will use the skybox command.)
• Now change the Map Size to 10x10. Paint with a beach texture the edge. Than chanche to 20 x 10. Again you paint the edge.
• That make you so often, until you have the grid for the map. I recommend as map size 512 x 512.
• Than test the skybox, if there works, the grid works perfect.
• You can with Gimp create very easy a new grid for your own map or scenario.

PS: Change under your configuration file in the EE2 folder the scroll speed. If you have as map size 512 x 20 or 512 x 30 you can faster paint the edge. :D :D :D
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160
Gonzalo

Post by Gonzalo »

Thank you Loew, I ignored the tricky way you used to create so perfect a grid!!

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”