Empire Earth 2 - Chinese America Campaign

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Loewenherz

Empire Earth 2 - Chinese America Campaign

Post by Loewenherz »

Dr Grip written on EE2 Heaven.
This is a legendary Chinese story which is made up by...me! The campagin includes 5 scenarios in order. Different types of scenarios styles are included. And of course, scripts are included for every scenarios!

Here is the beginning of the story:
Long, long time ago, in 1200BC ancient China, a huge Chinese fleet was sailing to invade Japan. Unfortunately this fleet was caught in a storm, or typhoon rather. Much of them were destroyed, only a few dozens survived the great storm. However they were blown to the middle of Pacific. Unable to find their way home, they were forced to stay aboard for months. The supplies in the ships were getting less. Many of them died from starvation and thirst.

After months of sailing, they had found a new land, which is known as North America today. This place was rich in wild fruits and vegetables, and other natural resources. Perhaps they could stay in this land. However, this place was already inhabited by the aggressive Mayan people. They would do anything to stop the Chinese from settling in this land. The Chinese knew they must build a defencive settlement in the area quickly, before the Mayan invaded...

You will be able to continue with the story of these people as you go through the campagin. Feel free to write any comments and reviews after you've finished the campagin. Thanks for downloading the campagin!

Important: Please read the installation guide first!
This Campaign is not from me, but i have changed the scenarios a littel bit and put she in a Campaign, so that this the first fanmade Campaign in the EE2 Campaignmenue is.

Originalsource: http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/sho ... ileid=1905

Installation:

Simply put the files "ChineseAmerica.zip" and the folder campaign_graphics in the "zips" folder.
The scenarios just put in the Empire Earth II Scenarios folder.

Known Errors:

• Different EE2 Database files blocked the join in Multiplayer games.
• The start from a original Korean mission crashes, because there were overwritten script files for the new Campaign.

To fix it, simply erease the "ChineseAmerica.zip" and the folder campaign_graphics in the "zips" folder. So you have again the Orginal Korean Campaign and can join multiplayer games.

Have Fun with the new Campaign!!! ;)

Download erase - It comes as a tested Campaign in Up 1.5.
Last edited by Loewenherz on 13 Jan 2018, 23:28, edited 3 times in total.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Empire Earth 2 - Chinese America Campaign

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Loewenherz did a great job creating the campaign menu. It looks good before loading the scenario. However in my opinion, as long as it replacesthe original campaign (Korean) - it's a little bit pointless. Overwriting game files also causes incompatibility with Multiplayer mode on UP1.5.

That's why, with Unofficial Patch 1.5 (Minor Update 156022) we have:
- Included and integrated 16 awesome Empire Earth 2 Scenarios, created by DrGrip and e24ever (thanks to Loewenherz for help collecting and testing files):
* "DrGrip - Troy.scn", "e24ever - Hellhole1.scn", "e24ever - Roman Republic - Gallic Wars.scn", "e24ever - TheVikingsAge1 - King of the Vikings.scn", "e24ever - TheVikingsAge2 - Sword of the King.scn", "e24ever - TheVikingsAge3 - Need for land.scn", "e24ever - TheVikingsAge4 - Vinland Qest.scn", "e24ever - Zombie Land-Chapter one.scn", "DrGrip - A Conqueror is born.scn", "DrGrip - Battle For Middle-Earth.scn", "DrGrip - Chinese America1.scn", "DrGrip - Chinese America2.scn", "DrGrip - Chinese America3.scn", "DrGrip - Chinese America4.scn", "DrGrip - Chinese America5.scn", "DrGrip - Christmas Strike.scn".
* To play new scenarios - start Empire Earth II (not the expansion pack), go to "Single Player" -> "Play Scenario".
EE2_ScreenShot1083.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot1083.jpg (239.31 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
It means, that you don't need to download and replace any game files. Simply install or update your EE2 1.5 installation and play all new 16 scenarios :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Leader wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 05:31 Loewenherz did a great job creating the campaign menu. It looks good before loading the scenario. However in my opinion, as long as it replacesthe original campaign (Korean) - it's a little bit pointless. Overwriting game files also causes incompatibility with Multiplayer mode on UP1.5.

It means, that you don't need to download and replace any game files. Simply install or update your EE2 1.5 installation and play all new 16 scenarios :)
That i have made a great work is right. :D

But that dose not more replace any original game files because you can put the files simply in the zip. This Campaign is more a Blueprint for later Work and it is great that i have made a Campaign in the menue and she not crashes.

The replace from a original Campaign is Bad, but it work not to made a new Campaign because you cant selet new missions and i have no way found to fix it. :(
I think that in the game for a New campaign is no information to unlock new missions.
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Still, interference in game files causes Multiplayer incompatibility.

So in theory, it's possible to add a new menu for campaigns?
I just tested, and it seems to work, but can't select the first mission.
2018-01-09 13_57_20-Greenshot.png
2018-01-09 13_57_20-Greenshot.png (2.27 MiB) Viewed 4052 times
However, it might be fixable.

EDIT, fixed:
2018-01-09 14_06_17-Greenshot.png
2018-01-09 14_06_17-Greenshot.png (2.36 MiB) Viewed 4052 times
The problem is in file:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sierra\Empire Earth II\settings\users.cfg
Seems like the new campaign entries are missing.
SOLUTION: Add a new user in game, then new campaigns entries will be generated.
I can set the Launcher later to modify users.cfg, so it shouldn't be a problem :)
If you want you can try later to integrate new campaigns with UP1.5, without modifying db.zip file (for all language support reasons).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Wounderfull... :shock: :mrgreen:

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

You need to find later how to add it without modifying db.zip :/ I'm out of power for today.

EDIT: Found the solution. When you have some time I'll tell you how the new files structure should look like, and I'll send you an example file :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I have no PC. I will contact you on the weekend. ;)

You can send it me as PN.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

No problem. I'll import Chinese America myself, for the example. And maybe you could do the same thing later with the other scenarios?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

Yes, when i can do it. I must have the original ies script but i will make it so good as possibel.

Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

So, i'm now here again. You can send me the files.

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”