Old maps from my Citybuilder days

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Killer155

Old maps from my Citybuilder days

Post by Killer155 »

Information for Unofficial patch 1.5 users: https://ee2.eu/patch
This map pack is already available in Unofficial Patch 1.5. You don't need to download this pack if you installed the patch.

-----------------------------------------

Not sure if any of you will remember me, but I am Killer155, (no bars near the elite, had to put them there to stop the forum) I played EE2 right when it came out up until it's slow demise began. I was heavily into multiplayer citybuilders, hosting them regularly and joining them regularly. I made quite a few maps for this purpose (not that they wouldn't be fun with AI or competitively) during EE2's heydays and I have ~20 old maps I recently rediscovered, which led me back to EE2 and it's expansion.

Windows says they all were "Last modified" throughout 2008 although I know for a fact many are older than that.

These ones will only work in the base EE2 game, they include my personal favorite map of all time, the World Redux by Hershey (whoever that is?)

http://www.filedropper.com/empireearthiimaps

These ones will only work in AoS

http://www.filedropper.com/ee2aosmaps

Incidentally, if there exists a EE2 base -> EE2 AoS map converter, that would be absolutely fantastic to convert all of the EE2 base maps to AoS.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Old maps from my Citybuilder days

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hey. Thanks for your maps! I downloaded them now, and I see that some of them are already in UP1.5. I'll see if it will be possible to include them to the unofficial patch with the next minor update. We currently haven't got much AOS maps, so it will be very useful.

About the EE2 -> AOS maps converter, unfortunately it doesn't exist. I actually tried to convert it in many ways, unfortunately never succeed Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

There are some nice maps in this list. Fortunately it doesn't really matter anymore how CB maps look like since a lot of Buildings were added during the 1.5 Update so that you could even play CB on normal random maps.
I think that its really a pity that AOS has that less maps as it has right now. The most people unfortunately don't give self created maps a chance. By that no creators are putting effort in creating maps since it doesnt get played anyway and playing alone might be fun the first second or third time but boring after a few times and some maps might be only playable with people. I remember times very earlier where really many people played on these kinds of maps. Not all of them are good but many are really great. But ah well it's always a thing about the people..
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello. The maps you uploaded have been included to the Unofficial Patch 1.5 with the minor update 155005.
Once again thank you for sharing them with us.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”