Skirmish - Game peace

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Danijel

Re: Skirmish - Game peace

Post by Danijel »

Lol, exactly the same puzzle I had in head, that's why I didn't get your question about install procedure.

But since it works with your game, it should work with mine when it is clean install(no config or user files).

Got any "Plan B" if clean install fails?

Cheers,
D.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hmm... No "Plan B" for now, but it must work.

One more question:

Code: Select all

I have tried that, also you have one at ..\zips\db\db\UI\dbwidget_fe.csv .
where is it? Is it in zips, folder db? There should not be db folder in the zips folder:
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-sku519h.png
So remove if it exists.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Danijel

Post by Danijel »

Bah,... have installed ee2 -> patch 1.2 -> ee2:aos -> 1.5.1 ->pasted your file, same thing, can't change ingame value to less than .25 or more than 3.

Regarding your question, since ee1, game loads directories(if there are any and files inside,than skips that "line" for that file in zip) than zip files. db folder I mention is db.zip . Also tried repacking it to zip, that didn't help either.

Do you use any "special" parameters in your config?
And yes, got 20 files there also.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Regarding your question, since ee1, game loads directories(if there are any and files inside,than skips that "line" for that file in zip) than zip files. db folder I mention is db.zip . Also tried repacking it to zip, that didn't help either.
Yes yes, I know it, I tried to not use .zips with Unofficial Patches, but not packing files to .zip cause more problems than help. So try to keep everything in .zip archives, and remove all additional folders from zips folder (except graphics_150 and textures_150).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Danijel

Post by Danijel »

Yes, installed all that up, imported your file into ..\zips\db_150.zip in db\UI, file is there.
But has no effect.

Thx for the effort I'll retry on another pc sometimes.
At least there is one page that explains how to manipulate it Image

If you are interested I'll report back, I'll also retry with another game installation, since I think this could be also caused by old data that hangs too long on hdd, since change works in your game.

Cheers,
D.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

But wait, you replaced the file for EE2, not for EE2:AOS
For EE2: AOS edit "zips_ee2x\EE2X_db_150.zip\EE2X_db\UI\dbwidget_f5.csv", not "..\zips\db_150.zip in db\UI"
Then start game from EE2X.exe file Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Danijel

Post by Danijel »

Had to crash, eyes couldn't keep up anymore Image

Actually had 2 issues.

One was that, my game install was good to play in both SP and MP, but it was corrupted enough that some files didn't load if they were modded.
Idk why it didn't apply changes that work now. I was also always puzzled, why as soon as I change any file . (dot's) disappear ingame. For example i would see 1 5 1 not 1.5.1 . So corrupted old install data is one issue.

Other issue was, I later have tested with your file, which I just now checked to be a AoS file not ee2 as you have mentioned in last post. Note that I have done all things now as I did in start or before posting here for that matter. Corrupted game install didn't allow change to apply.
Whats weird is if I place that file now in ee2(not aos, just as test since that I tried also before) it will crash the game. Before it would load and I could play game normally, only without mod applied Image

But with new files for install, it worked like a charm Image

To summarize;
  install EE2 -> patch to 1.2 -> install EE2:AoS -> patch with 1.5.1 and mod following zip's

..\zips\db_150.zip -> db\UI\dbwidget_f5.csv(Link) (Game peace; 0.01 to 50.0)

..\zips_ee2x\EE2X_db_150.zip -> EE2X_db\UI\dbwidget_f5.csv(Link) (Game peace; 0.01 to 200.0)

Cheers,
D.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for explaining your solution!

Yes, I sent the file only for EE2: AOS. This file is much different for the normal version of EE2 (different menu layout, no indigenous tribes options, etc.) - that's why it crashed.
Idk why it didn't apply changes that work now. I was also always puzzled, why as soon as I change any file . (dot's) disappear ingame. For example i would see 1 5 1 not 1.5.1 . So corrupted old install data is one issue.
The similar problems happened to me, when I used to mod without .zip files (I just unpacked all .zips to new folders with the same name). That's why now I edit everything inside .zips.
I hope you didn't use Excel to edit .csv files before, because it writes some additional data which game is not able to read ;-)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Danijel

Post by Danijel »

Issue from start was with my install files. If I would mod clean and only EE2 file(without any other patches/addons installed), this change wouldn't occur before. Now with refreshed install files, all works as it should(even without any patches).

U mention exel 2nd time, why is that Image ? used exel only in one star trek game for moding,since files are made in exel Image only case that i know of
No, I use notepad++ for any file modifications Image been around game modding for a long time, but since ee2 lacks in information(or i search for wrong terms) regarding game-data modding i couldn't figure out why ee2 won't work, since i never had any issue with ee1.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

U mention exel 2nd time, why is that Image ?
Just to make sure you're not using it Image Many modders (or maybe just players who tried to mod the game) had problems after file editing with excel Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Questions”