Minor update 157040 has been released!
Update Type: Monthly Update. Changes list: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/changes/#157040
- Fixed an issue where game could freeze for long minutes after clicking on the "View Recording" button (depending on how many .e2s files were present in the Documents folder). A function that loads and verifies all files one-by-one has been disabled. This fix was possible thanks to an older update 156002 (January 2017) with backward-compatible playback files (no grayed out items on the list problem).
- Fixed a frequent reason of the lost synchronization (Out of Sync) in Game Recordings / Playbacks:
* The Autosave function is being temporarily disabled while watching playbacks, to prevent conflict with game saves pre-defined in the .e2s file.
* It also fixes the double 'Autosaving' messages. Reference address: 0059E9E8 (EE2), 005C68F8 (AOS).
- Added an in-game debug message when the watched Game Recording / Playback goes Out of Sync: "The game recording you're currently watching has lost synchronization and will not longer play correctly (e.g. units might not move). This could be caused by using a different game mod, or watching a file recorded on an older version of Unofficial Patch 1.5". Reference address: 005A50B1 (EE2), 005CE121 (AOS).
- New feature: Maximization Helper has an option named: "Playbacks Fast-Forward Speed":
* Modifies the speed of the watched game recordings after clicking on the Fast-Forward button >>|.
* Changing the status of this option has an immediate effect (no game restart is required), however it's required to re-click the Fast-Forward button if fast-forwarding is currently active.
* Available speeds: 0.25 (slow), 0.5 (slow), 0.75 (slow), 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 (default), 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 20.0.
- Fixed an issue where Multiplayer game Observers could use nicknames of different players (without their colors) when used the "Switch the active player to player" hotkeys: CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + (W, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0). It was caused by the new workaround for displaying correct nicknames in game playbacks, added in update 157038. Observers are able to "switch players" in unrated games, to view their amount of resources, fog of war, explored technologies, etc. This is a Server-controlled feature that might be disabled at any time for all or selected (abusive) players.
- Fixed a bug where pressing the "Idle Citizen" button (left-bottom part of the screen) was also selecting Gardeners and City Builders. When no idle units were available it showed "There are no idle Gardeners (1.5) available" message (instead of "idle Citizens"). A similar fix was added to the (, COMMA) hotkey in Minor Update 157005 (February 2019). Thanks to my mom for detecting this bug, while playing the tutorial missions with me.
- Added new hotkeys (they can be remapped in Settings -> Hotkeys):
* CTRL+W = HERC Hades: Activate Anti-Missile System.
* CTRL+Q = HERC Hera: Cast Shield.
- Added 18 new Halloween themed audio taunts for Multiplayer chats.
- Option "Show information about unused EE2 files in the Documents folder" can now additionally be configured with the custom configuration commands in UP1.5 Settings. The alerts trigger when the number of files is greater than specified: "CustomFilesNumberCheckingPlaybacks=399", "CustomFilesNumberCheckingSaveMP=399", "CustomFilesNumberCheckingSaveSP=399".
If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall