EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

SéFilho wrote:I do not understand , because with few minutes , lower the FPS and is almost unplayable.

My config:
Core i5 3330
Asus 7750
8gb Ram
Full hd

this only happens with the patch .
Sorry my English google
The patch doesn't affect game performances, it can only improve it (and it was tested by many players).
If you're saying that the lagg (low FPS) problem is present only with the patch, then I think the best solution is to not use the patch (if you don't need it).

You can try to fix your low FPS problems:
Start EE2, and then click on the "Change UP1.5 Settings" button. In the Configuration Utiltiy:
- Check option "Enable DirectX 9", click "YES" when it ask you to install DirectX9 SDKs.
- Switch option: "Unlock the new UP1.5 units, buildings..." to "No"
- Click "OK - Save changes", and start EE2.
After that test how your game behaves.

The lagg can be also caused by the new camera configuration. To restore the orginal camera - go to the folder where you installed EE2, and remove files: "myconfig.cfg" and "myconfig_ee2x.cfg".
Remember that the maximum population with the official version 1.2 was 2000, so I recommend to use 2000 instead of the "recommended" 4000. Number of units significantly affects performances.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

SéFilho

Post by SéFilho »

this patch becomes another best game , great job . I am in test

continuing , the problem persists. If enabled directx 9 units are with Bugs, say no colors .
KKondzio

Post by KKondzio »

Can you do this to me and I'd downloaded I will be grateful
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

SéFilho wrote:this patch becomes another best game , great job . I am in test

continuing , the problem persists. If enabled directx 9 units are with Bugs, say no colors .
Strange, DirectX9 worked everywhere I tested without graphics bugs. If you still have colors problems - disable DirectX9, and:
Try to disable Windows pagefile:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

KKondzio wrote:Can you do this to me and I'd downloaded I will be grateful

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tkkvgviln0lz7tx/EE2ZooSinceEpoch1.zip
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
SéFilho

Post by SéFilho »

It is right to think that the game should be run at 60 fps with this setting ?
I do not think the culprit is the patch.

Only for information purposes, I run most current games normalmelnte such as Age of Empires 2 hd
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

@SéFilho, change lighting details (in EE2: AOS graphics settings) to Low. They cause most of lagg, and graphics bug with DirectX 9.
Also the launcher should ask you to "fix" lighting details settings when you start EE2: AOS. Did it ask you to fix it?

When you solve the low FPS problem, you can enable 1.5 units and buildings. They should not cause lagg anyway.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
SéFilho

Post by SéFilho »

really got the message to ask you to fix it , I click yes ?

Arriving at my residence , I do the test in the game. Thank you for your support.
you have other means of contact, such as skype or facebook ?
I really want to fix this problem , to play with your patch !
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

@SéFilho, UP1.5 Launcher has a built-in support chat. Nothing else is needed to contact me "live".

If you click "YES" to change lighting details to "low", then you shouldn't have colors problems with DirectX 9. If it fails, just set lighting details to low in graphics settings in game, and the problem should be solved.
Also remember to keep "shadows" detail on low/medium. It affects performances too.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
SéFilho

Post by SéFilho »

all right now , the game is good, are now rarely having fall because of the game engine .
Thank you again

I am now fighting with Empire Earth 4 patch , this is locking Image
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Incoming update 1.5.5 with the working built-in Multiplayer.
Some days ago, I posted a screenshot of the old "GameSpy" lobby, with the current date.
I can confirm that it was not a fake screenshot, and for the last weeks I am working hard to make the old lobby usable.

The things that are currently working:
- Creating accounts (it will be required to create a new account, since I obviously don't have the old GameSpy database);
- Selecting rooms:
* Empire Earth II and Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy will be able to use the same rooms. Version identification will be different,
* I am able to create unlimited number of rooms, so there will be some, for example for known EE2 mods (like Empire Earth IV).
- Chatting on the Lobby, private messages, adding friends;
- Hosting and joining games. Also NAT negotiation works, however it's good to forward port 26000 to the local IP address to fix problems with joining;
- Totally new rating system + Leaderboards (fully programmed by me):
* The rating for profiles will be the same for Empire Earth II and Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy.
* For now (it's still not the final version), it works like: +50 rating for victory, -50 rating for lose. Every minute in game = +1 point. So basically if you lose a game, but you play for over 50 minutes - you will not lose, but win rating.
- Adding friends (to the buddies list);
- Displaying current players version (I had to re-program it, because it didn't work);
- Inviting to games (also had to re-program);

What doesn't work yet / what's bugged:
- Sometimes you can't see / refresh games list (re-log is required).
- Hardly ever server crashes, but I will make auto-restarts later.

What's the most important: The server will be totally independent. We won't use any third-party services, so I will be able to improve it, fix things, databases at any time. Sometimes I will ask for donations on Twitter / Facebook, to keep everything active.

It will not longer be the "GameSpy" lobby, but "EE2.eu" Lobby. GameSpy has never sent me source codes for the sever, so I had to program all game functions from nothing. The unexpected GameSpy server shutdown will never be accepted by our community, that's why the new lobby deserves a better name, not the name of a company that made hundreds of players quit game.

More UP1.5.5 features?
I don't know yet. Probably some Launcher fixes, but the rest is too stable to modify anything. If you found any bugs, problems - please inform me about it now, before it's too late. Please don't make units adding requests, because as I posted some months ago - I decided to stop the modding part of the patch.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”