EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2014+)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 157007 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Fixed a bug where Citizen Female took 700% of damage from all units after 157006 update (Snipers rework change). It's because of the missing "UpgradeSet" for female "UnitType" version in EE2 files. Sincere apologies to all feminists.
- New feature: Maximization Helper has an option named: "Don't center camera for 'Cycle Select' hotkeys":
* It disables camera centering after CycleSelectAndCenterUnits hotkey is pressed (, comma or . dot).
* It can be useful for fast-building in Multiplayer games on Plains map type, but might cause problems on the other map types.
* It is a game memory hack (the Launcher modifies the specified address), so changing the state of this option has immediate effect (no game restart is required).
- Repaired the Gamestats Server reconnect issues on the Multiplayer Lobby (affecting players with unstable Internet connection):
* The bug caused players statistics, leaderboards to not be shown after longer activity on the Lobby.
* The bug caused the Rating System to not work correctly when the host player lost the first connection to the GameStats module (missing game results data, game not counted).
* The bug was already present on the old GameSpy Lobby. It's an error in game code where "gamename" string is not added to the gamestats domain name. It then tries to resolve a domain starting with the dot " . " character and fails. Screenshots and fix explanation: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5202
- DEFAULT UNOFFICIAL PATCH 1.5 CONFIGURATION CHANGES:
* "Disable fullscreen optimizations" is no longer enabled by default. It shoudln't be required after Minor Update 157000 and it could cause problems with 30FPS limit on certain AMD graphics cards, when DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) is enabled.

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Optional Minor update 157008 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Improved Security of UP1.5 Launchers, and:
* Updated OpenSSL to ver. 1.1.1b.
* Updated Libcurl to ver. 7.64.1.
* Updated Boost libraries to ver. 1.69.0.
* Updated upnpc-static to ver. 2.1.20190403 (Windows XP support abandoned).
* Compiled the Launcher and the other UP1.5 modules/libraries using Visual Studio 2019.
- "Middle Mouse Button Actions" improvements:
* Improved performance (separate thread for the Launcher code and WH_MOUSE_LL Hook).
* Fixed an issue where game could noticeably stutter/freeze after pressing the MMB and fast-moving the mouse. It affected gaming mouses with high polling rate settings (for example 1000Hz). Thanks to player "Chubzdoomer" for reporting this problem.
* Fixed an issue where checking/unchecking the "FSM Hotkey" (Full Screen Mode Hotkey) option in Maximization Helper had no immediate effect (game restart was required).
* Changed the simulated key press time from 0 ms to 10 ms. It can be controlled by the new custom configuration command (which can be inserted to UnofficialVersionConfig.txt or by UP1.5 Settings):
# MiddleMouseButtonKeypressTimeMs=10 | Time (in milliseconds) for how long a simulated key is pressed (arrow keys).
* Fixed default game settings on EE2: AOS (expansion pack) after UP1.5 installation. The "Cycle Time of Day" was unintentionally active by default and could confuse players who had to search for information how to switch it off. Thanks for report to player "duke".

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
adawoj34

Post by adawoj34 »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 11:39
Hey Mona, is there any way to block bot from building something? I would like to play without airports etc. Or is it possible to block doing some units, smth kinda like that.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

adawoj34 wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 11:34 Hey Mona, is there any way to block bot from building something? I would like to play without airports etc. Or is it possible to block doing some units, smth kinda like that.
You can edit files in:
"aips" folder (for EE2)
"aips_ee2x" folder (for EE2: AOS)

You could remove buildings you don't like, etc.

Just be careful. Any mistake in those files will cause a hang at a random game time. That's why I try to avoid editing them, and haven't touched for like 3 or more years.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
adawoj34

Post by adawoj34 »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 12:56
adawoj34 wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 11:34 Hey Mona, is there any way to block bot from building something? I would like to play without airports etc. Or is it possible to block doing some units, smth kinda like that.
You could remove buildings you don't like, etc.
Which file should i delete if i don't want ANY airports, or hangars?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

adawoj34 wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 13:10 Which file should i delete if i don't want ANY airports, or hangars?
Don't delete any. Open every single one with Notepad++ (or other text editor), see what's inside and edit as you like.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
adawoj34

Post by adawoj34 »

Is there any community, teamspeak, discord or anything that i can find people to play? My friends are not experienced that much and they don't like playing it much.
I play the game since 2011 ;d And im from Poland.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Sat42

Post by Sat42 »

Bug report! As of the latest Unofficial Patch 1.5 (157008), all portraits in-game are (seemingly equally across all unit portraits) shifted and zoomed in (I think), so that you can't see a normal citizen's face anymore, etc. This bug is ALSO present in the Developers Version. I can confirm that there is no problem with the portraits in the GOG Gold Edition.
(Playing on Windows 7, fullscreen 1280x1024, all on max detail in case that changes anything)

EDIT:

Actually the problem noted above (in both 1.5 normal and Developers versions) exists only when the new camera settings are used - I don't like the new camera setting, so I tried playing the normal version with "No" selected for 1.5 units etc. (which are also disabled in Skirmish mode when selecting Loew's editor mode, and I thought that meant disabling the new camera as well), and this time with the retail camera settings all portraits behaved as they should.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

157008 was an optional update and didn't have any changes that could cause it, so it might be something else.

https://www.ee2.eu/help/#disablefeatures

I think in this update: viewtopic.php?p=24679#p24679
- Renamed option "Ask me before game start" to "Loew's Map Editor Mode" under "Unlock UP1.5 units, buildings..." in UP1.5 Settings.
Changed the behavior to start game keeping the new camera.

Anyway, with the new camera it should also look fine, as this bug was fixed with the newest version of the cam fix:
viewtopic.php?p=24170#p24170
* Fixes an issue where units heads were not visible in the preview window (under health bar).
I think it's because the new cam fix is made for wide resolutions (16:9), but still sounds quite weird as it depended on the other value. Could you please upload screenshots to show how it looks like?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”