EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
n0m

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by n0m »

Tried the alt-tab, no dice. It minimizes again. It did ask about the resolution, and I did allow it. I edited my log file so you should have access now.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Got it, thanks:
2014-08-14 06:37:28 (United States) WINDOWS: 6.3 x64 DesktopScreenResolution: 1600x900 MaximumScreenResolution: 1600x900 ScreenResolutionGroup: 6 FileName: EE2X.exe Version: 1 ModName: "Official_n0m" Type: Singleplayer
From what I see 1600x900 works fine and you should have no problems with it. I think it might be some programs running in the background. I would recommened to create a new, local user account:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
(I asked you about it some months ago in the Win8FIX topic, but I don't know if you tested it already or not).

If you want I can check a list of your running processes. To do this start the commandline as administrator, and then type:

Code: Select all

wmic /output: c:\process.txt process get description,executablepath
Then upload the log file (C:\process.txt) or send it to my e-mail: easywinclan(at)gmail.com
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
death498

EE2 patch 1.5 multilayer problem

Post by death498 »

hello,long time no talk,I have a problem with the new patch. I can't play multilayer(LAN) on it with my friends and siblings.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

death498 wrote:hello,long time no talk,I have a problem with the new patch. I can't play multilayer(LAN) on it with my friends and siblings.  
Hello.
The game works fine on LAN. We're using GameRanger to play Mulitplayer, and you? Please give some more details: what happens when you're trying to join game (any error message?), else I won't be able to help.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Rhein360

Post by Rhein360 »

About LAG issues ...

Yesterday I played in the map "Central America" 1v1 and was evident the lag in battles ... I don't know why because my PC extremely good for this game ... Sad!!! because you can't play a real battle without lag :c ... PopCap was ~600 for me and for IA ... :c

Comments? Advices?

Thanks
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Rhein360 wrote:About LAG issues ...

Yesterday I played in the map "Central America" 1v1 and was evident the lag in battles ... I don't know why because my PC extremely good for this game ... Sad!!! because you can't play a real battle without lag :c ... PopCap was ~600 for me and for IA ... :c

Comments? Advices?

Thanks
What graphics card have you got? Is it NVIDIA GPU? If yes, please check this topic: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1717-empire-earth-ii-doesn-t-work-correctly-with-nvidia-ver-33788-and-34043-drivers and downgrade your graphics drivers.
Are you playing EE2 or EE2: AOS?
The lag was always present in EE2, it's just a bad game engine, and I don't think it's 1.5's fault. Some people even reported that game works better with 1.5 (less laggy).

I've received a report from Laetitan, that the game laggs usually in games on custom maps, with AI players. So I'd recommend to play custom maps (like America one) only in Multiplayer games to prevent lagg.

Anyway - please start a game on the same map on EE2 ver. 1.4 and see if it laggs. Then save the game, and load it on 1.5 for comparing. Please use ctrl+alt+shift+f to see the current FPS in game.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Rhein360

Post by Rhein360 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, my GPU its a GTX 650 Ti ... but any graphical "glitch" was detected, however I'll try to play in normal maps and I'll test again .. I used ctrl+alt+shift+f to see my current FPS in game, yesterday was near 70 FPS (Shadows in Low, Lights in Medium) in battle my FPS decreased to 7 FPS or 8 FPS :c ...
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

in battle my FPS decreased to 7 FPS or 8 FPS :c ...
Hmmm... too much decrease... with your computer it should be ~20FPS during battles. Anyway, can you try to downgrade graphics drivers as I mentioned in the topic about NVIDIA bugs? It really might help!
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Rhein360

Post by Rhein360 »

Leader wrote:
in battle my FPS decreased to 7 FPS or 8 FPS :c ...
Hmmm... too much decrease... with your computer it should be ~20FPS during battles. Anyway, can you try to downgrade graphics drivers as I mentioned in the topic about NVIDIA bugs? It really might help!
K! I'll do it tonight Image

Thanks!!!
Rhein360

Post by Rhein360 »

Hello again!!! Here my feedback about my game with NVIDIA drivers downgraded

I played in plains map (medium size), 1v1 ... pop cap 6000. My FPS in game was 12 in battle ... almost 17 in some cases, in my cities was near 50-60. My settings were shadows in high and lights in high ... I think that the old driver could help me, today I'll test again and I'll inform to you.

Thanks for your help

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”